PDA

View Full Version : Changing Plugs on the Spyder...

auntmay9
11-29-2015, 09:11 AM
I was looking at changing the plugs on our Spyder...How difficult is it and any suggestions on where to buy the parts?

Bob Denman
11-29-2015, 09:29 AM
GajaRon! :thumbup:
If you're not pretty good with a wrench; the front plug will be a life-altering experience... nojoke

auntmay9
11-29-2015, 09:38 AM
Is it that hard? I take it you have done it before...LOL:p

GajaRon! :thumbup:
If you're not pretty good with a wrench; the front plug will be a life-altering experience... nojoke

murphybrown
11-29-2015, 09:48 AM
Is it that hard? I take it you have done it before...LOL:p

Thinking he was saying BajaRon (a vendor on Spyderlovers) for getting the correct spark plugs. BajaRon sells lots of goodies at great prices that our Spyders like: As far as changing sparkplugs...no way would I even attempt that...but then I ain't mechanical, never been and have no desire to be!!! Good Luck and let us know what you decide...:thumbup:

jtoro1
11-29-2015, 10:09 AM
Changing the spark plugs is not too difficult but you need to be a little mechanically inclined and I would suggest Baja ron for your plugs and your wires which should be changed at the same time

Bob Denman
11-29-2015, 10:25 AM
Since I have all of the mechanical aptitude of a hamster :shocked:; I took one look under the Tupperware, and called my Dealer! nojoke

JKMSPYDER
11-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Two years ago I took out my air box and resonator and replaced with JT's air filter kit. Changing plugs and wires was very easy after that.

Chupaca
11-29-2015, 10:59 AM
I was fortunate to have changed my plugs (iridium plugs and high tension wires) from BajaRon at the same time I pulled the air box switching to JT's Machine Shop's air cleaner. I do remember a post a while back stating that going through the console (behind the guages) with a long extension was an easier way to get the front plug on the twins. Also may vary a bit from the RT to the rest with the different airbox configurations....:dontknow: