PDA

View Full Version : Sena bluetooth ??

Elevatorguy
11-24-2015, 10:00 PM
Hello all. New to the Spyder world with A 15 F3-S. I like to listen to the radio and found that Sena Bluetooth units have FM radio built in. Does anyone have an opinion on these units?

Highwayman2013
11-24-2015, 10:06 PM
Good units, going on three years with mine. Check out these:http://www.motorcycledave.com/sena-headsets/

Elevatorguy
11-24-2015, 10:11 PM
Thanks. Christmas is coming up and my wife asked me for ideas. I'll pass on the link and let her decide.

Deer Slayer
11-24-2015, 10:13 PM
I use the 88.1 fm to link to my xm receiver. FM is fine on local stations.

SpyderAnn01
11-24-2015, 10:14 PM
You can also listen to music from your phone thru them. I have Amazon Prime Music and I listen to that when I'm riding.

Brentc
11-25-2015, 06:41 AM
When they have been working we really like the units that we have. So far though I have had to send back my 20 s unit and I just recently had to send back my sm10 for replacement under warranty at my expense which is around $30 each time. There is also a learning curve with setup, unless your intimately familiar with Bluetooth technology, but with help from other spyder lover members i was able to get things configured after a few weeks of trial and many errors. All in all I would rate the products at about 7 out of 10 for overall satisfaction. Quite honestly if I were to do the whole thing over, I would just get the headset and not bother with the sm10 unit. I find most time I am listening to my iPhone's music selection and not using the stereo of the rts.

good luck either way, I hope Santa brings you what you want.

Fatcycledaddy
11-25-2015, 07:27 AM
I have the 20s and love them. Play music through them, can booth listen to the same or your own individual, phone calls are crystal clear, GPS plays through, intercom is great, and the sound quality is better than most headsets I have used.

Darren111
11-25-2015, 01:23 PM
My Sena 10c is awesome. Camera function is great and footage I record is clear and sounds great. I have not listened to music yet from MP3 or integrated radio yet due to concentrating on building up my riding experience first.
So far no problems with Sena 10c and I highly rate this product as a newbie. :bowdown:

ChrisDeck
11-25-2015, 05:09 PM
The new Sena 10s is supposed to ship in December around the first week or so. They have an overview on their website if your interested in reviewing.

I've looked at all of the models and I plan to get the 10s when it comes out. Smaller/newest tech to come out with the new Bluetooth 4.1.

Also - Definitely use Motorcycle Dave. I've priced shopped most places and he really is offering them for the best price around

KX5062
11-26-2015, 11:06 AM
I own and have been using a first generation SMH-10 unit and really like it. However, lately it is starting to show it's age and/or is not fully compatible with the latest software updates and is getting glitchy. Despite this I am still a happy customer and do recommend the Sena products.

Motorcycledave
11-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Hi Dave here
Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving
I have the best stock of SENA products
and the "BAR NONE" best prices anyplace
The 10S should be in house early December
It is a great new addition to the SENA lineup.
And he is right the 10C is great ang fun to use.
Call me anytime 8:00AM to 8:00PM pacific time
7 days a week ..... but not today I will be
eating turkey and watching football
Dave

Retired 2012
11-26-2015, 04:54 PM
I recently purchased a dual packet of the Sena 20 S from Motorcycle Dave, he was great to work with and the units arrived fast and were safely packed. The units work very well, I use them when riding solo, listen to music and take calls. When riding in a group I use the intercom system, listen to music and take phone calls. The clarity is great and the distance is pretty good, about a mile, line of site.
Hope this info. helps.
Happy Thanksgiving,
DJ