PDA

View Full Version : Passenger view question

Hokiev
11-24-2015, 09:55 AM
I previously owned a 2011 RT Limited which I sold several years ago. One of the reasons was my wife was not happy with her view compared with my previous BMW LT. I am starting to do some research regarding possibly purchasing a new Spyder in the Spring. I have not kept up with any changes in seating positions since the 2011. Can someone tell me if there have been any significant changes to the seating view for passengers with the 2014 or newer Spyders in the RT configuration or if the F3 would provide better views for the rider. She does not want me to get another one where she can't easily see over me. Thanks for any info.

Pirate looks at --
11-24-2015, 10:04 AM
Unless she is taller than you she will still see the back of your helmet, unless she leans a bit. I have the occasion to Ryde on the back of our RTL and if I look straight ahead I read ARAI, DOT, SNELL! However, most of my time is spent looking off to the scenery on the side, no real reason to stare at her helmet ( we are both 5'8"). So as I said unless she is 5 inches taller than you things have not changed on the RT. The F3 does not have the same "stadium seating" that the RT has so I can't imagine that it is any better, but I have never ryden 2 up on an F3. Sounds like you make her nervous if she has to look at what you are looking at. My wife is a fantastic driver, so I know I don't have to look at the road when she is driving!:yes::yes:

Bob Denman
11-24-2015, 10:12 AM
The seating is more comfortable on the new bikes; but the positioning hasn't changed...
Why not get her an Airhawk-R to try? That might just set her up high enough, to improve her view. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
11-24-2015, 11:26 AM
I think the F3 seats look like your passenger might be a little higher. You should go sit on one and see for yourself. The best view she can get would be from the driver's seat though.

Bob Denman
11-24-2015, 11:36 AM
:agree: Unless you put her on a booster seat! :shocked:

spydaman60
11-24-2015, 11:41 AM
my wife says she can see somewhat better on the f3 than the rss, but I agree with anne, just go to a dealership and try one on for size!!:roflblack:

Desert Spyder
11-24-2015, 11:43 AM
My question is how my wife manages to see the speedometer around me. Even with the sun glare.

SpyderAnn01
11-24-2015, 11:55 AM
My question is how my wife manages to see the speedometer around me. Even with the sun glare.

She knows - she doesn't need to see - she just knows.

Desert Spyder
11-24-2015, 12:22 PM
She knows - she doesn't need to see - she just knows.

I'll tell her Joe and Ann said it would be ok

PrairieSpyder
11-24-2015, 12:35 PM
She should get her own Spyder and she'd have the best view!:ohyea:

ARtraveler
11-24-2015, 01:22 PM
The test sit is a good idea for sure. When Linda started riding with me as a passenger, we had no issues whatsoever. She was always trained on the scenery and not trying to monitor the instruments or look through the windscreen.

We solved any potential problems though. Now, she has her very own ride. For us, that was the way to go. :yes::yes:

MouthPiece
11-24-2015, 02:32 PM
I bought a Murano convertible. She NOW sees quite well. <smiles>

Chris

Chupaca
11-24-2015, 02:56 PM
without a seat change or mod all the same. The comfort seat for the RS did raise the passenger some but don't know about others. As mentioned some seat cusion could help....:thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-24-2015, 03:21 PM
I bought a Murano convertible. She NOW sees quite well. <smiles>

Chris
:nopic: :2thumbs:

MouthPiece
11-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Here Tis:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120222&stc=1

motoswami
11-24-2015, 10:27 PM
There are considerable benefits to the passenger being able to see what's going on, however the driver can enable/encourage it.