PDA

View Full Version : Hey at least we made the top 5

Magdave
11-23-2015, 10:49 AM
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/11/21/the-best-motorcycle-in-america-not-harley-davidson.aspx?source=eogyholnk0000001&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article&ref=yfp

https://g.foolcdn.com/editorial/images/185758/moto-chart_large.PNG

Bob Denman
11-23-2015, 10:57 AM
:clap: :yes::yes::yes: :2thumbs:
Is it okay to chant, "We're number FIVE!"? :D

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-23-2015, 11:23 AM
I read the entire article and was surprised to discover the survey was from Consumer Reports research.....apparently they modified the Motorcycle survey they did last year because they felt those results weren't realistic. So Can-Am isn't in LAST PLACE :roflblack:........the Spyder was FIFTH out of all the Motorcycles in the survey ( I don't know how many ...yet ).....Mike :thumbup:

bronzeflex42
11-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Hey i'll take it. At least we aren't in last place. :popcorn:

Chupaca
11-23-2015, 12:16 PM
For all the bad publicity the numbers don't lie. (okay they get fudged) but I have always said these are reliable machine and suffer no more ailments than the others out there. After all there are only 100,000+/- running around and bet there are more doing that then the others. :thumbup:maybe soon :firstplace:

ARtraveler
11-23-2015, 12:27 PM
I am 84.324687459% happy with the new findings from CR. We had quite a discussion about the last place positioning when they published the stats previously. And...nobody asked me about mine anyway. I accounted for 5/100,000 of the population (.00005). :roflblack::roflblack:

STELLING MAN
11-23-2015, 12:36 PM
I can't believe Honda Isn't closer to the top, They are one of the most trouble free bikes on the market..

Fatcycledaddy
11-23-2015, 01:12 PM
Remember, customer satisfaction does not always mean dependability or trouble free. It is the whole experience.

Bfromla
11-23-2015, 07:09 PM
You can make any survey point in direction you choose. Ask right number of questions for what you want & ignore the rest. The survey results dont have to show the questions or relevance, just results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaherbst
11-23-2015, 09:09 PM
You can make any survey point in direction you choose. Ask right number of questions for what you want & ignore the rest. The survey results dont have to show the questions or relevance, just results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correctomundo my good man! You have done your homework. Statistics only show what you want them to show and are manipulated by those trying to make a point or lack of one.

Jack

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
11-24-2015, 09:05 AM
i'm surprised harley beat out honda

PrairieSpyder
11-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Remember, customer satisfaction does not always mean dependability or trouble free. It is the whole experience.

:agree:

I think Victory wins with style points, Honda with dependability, BMW for snob appeal, and Can-Am is just the best, IMHO. :trike: But I don't know what HD's doing on the list at all!

Rocketman 2012
11-24-2015, 02:45 PM
HD= Customer satisfaction as in Fraternity and club/ family interaction, with brilliant marketing:yes:

Sam:D

spydaman60
11-24-2015, 04:43 PM
I've never had a bad Yamaha either. they didn't even make the top five.

MidTNDawg
11-24-2015, 08:13 PM
I can't believe Honda Isn't closer to the top, They are one of the most trouble free bikes on the market..

has had some brake recalls (and a few others) more recently which would have hurt them.

AY4B
11-24-2015, 08:57 PM
Whats a Victory and how did they get in first place by such a wide margin??

Rogue Hawk
11-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Not bad for a company that has not been making motorcycles very long:firstplace: (5)

Peter Aawen
11-24-2015, 09:47 PM
AY4B ^^ How did they get ahead by such a wide margin? Easy really, firstly you target mainly the 'likely Victory buyers' in every way you can to get more of them to answer the survey than buyers of other bikes (by city, suburb, dealer, magazine buying profile, internet website, etc, etc) and then you bias the questions towards getting the desired response from satisfied Victory owners.... you can even make some of the 'qualifying questions' work to exclude people who aren't happy Victory owners.

All up, you initially slant the survey so that those who aren't likely to support your desired outcome don't bother answering, then you find whatever reason it takes to exclude the responses that don't agree with your desired outcome..... Going to the slightly ridiculous in order to provide an example, you could go about it something like this:

1). collect any 100 motorcyclists together from those you meet at a Victory Dealers launch;
2). aim your first questions to identify who out of those 100 ride Victory's really like them & then ask ONLY those to proceed apart from a very few 'control' respondents - say 10 avid & happy Victory riders & no more than 2 or 3 riders of any other make (no more than 5 more total) & if you want to show Honda's up as being a poor choice, make sure only 1 of those 'other' respondents is a Honda rider;
3). then ask ONLY those remaining respondents to complete the rest of the survey, knowing the survey questions have been worded to get the answers you want from the happiest Victory owners.....

If there's only one Honda owner out of the total 15 that you allowed to answer the whole thing, then you KNOW that Honda won't figure highly in the results, just like you KNOW that Victory's will score better than the rest in the satisfaction results because of the way you've skewed & worded the questions. ;)

It's just like the 'trick question' game - Answering Yes or No, answer this question "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" Whaddya say.... "Ye....errr... n.... errrr...errrr" :shocked:

Cruzr Joe
11-24-2015, 09:54 PM
Where is the "INDIAN" in this survey??????????????

Cruzr Joe

AY4B
11-25-2015, 06:37 AM
AY4B ^^ How did they get ahead by such a wide margin? Easy really, firstly you target mainly the 'likely Victory buyers' in every way you can to get more of them to answer the survey than buyers of other bikes (by city, suburb, dealer, magazine buying profile, internet website, etc, etc) and then you bias the questions towards getting the desired response from satisfied Victory owners.... you can even make some of the 'qualifying questions' work to exclude people who aren't happy Victory owners.

All up, you initially slant the survey so that those who aren't likely to support your desired outcome don't bother answering, then you find whatever reason it takes to exclude the responses that don't agree with your desired outcome..... Going to the slightly ridiculous in order to provide an example, you could go about it something like this:

1). collect any 100 motorcyclists together from those you meet at a Victory Dealers launch;
2). aim your first questions to identify who out of those 100 ride Victory's really like them & then ask ONLY those to proceed apart from a very few 'control' respondents - say 10 avid & happy Victory riders & no more than 2 or 3 riders of any other make (no more than 5 more total) & if you want to show Honda's up as being a poor choice, make sure only 1 of those 'other' respondents is a Honda rider;
3). then ask ONLY those remaining respondents to complete the rest of the survey, knowing the survey questions have been worded to get the answers you want from the happiest Victory owners.....

If there's only one Honda owner out of the total 15 that you allowed to answer the whole thing, then you KNOW that Honda won't figure highly in the results, just like you KNOW that Victory's will score better than the rest in the satisfaction results because of the way you've skewed & worded the questions. ;)

It's just like the 'trick question' game - Answering Yes or No, answer this question "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" Whaddya say.... "Ye....errr... n.... errrr...errrr" :shocked:

Yep, just what I was thinkin.
And yes, cruzr Joe, Where is Indian?

Raknid
11-25-2015, 07:13 AM
I read somewhere that something like 77% of statistics are made up or wrong.

PrairieSpyder
11-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Where is the "INDIAN" in this survey??????????????

Cruzr Joe

I assumed it's included with Victory!

Bob Denman
11-25-2015, 09:23 AM
There's an old saying:
"Figures don't lie; but liars can figure!"

Do I dare say that Statistics can be shown to prove that NOBODY trusts statistical surveys??? :roflblack:

ahh-cool
11-25-2015, 09:33 AM
There's an old saying:
"Figures don't lie; but liars can figure!"

Do I dare say that Statistics can be shown to prove that NOBODY trusts statistical surveys??? :roflblack:

That's not true, it's only 86.27%

Bob Denman
11-25-2015, 09:35 AM
:shocked: But I saw it on the internet! :shocked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bufTna0WArc