PDA

View Full Version : Scratch..

soupyjr8
11-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Hi Friends, First let me start by saying this is my first Spyder. After riding bikes for over 30 years I am very excited. I bought a new 2015 f3 and it has a scratch ( Gouge ) on the lower front facia and I am not sure if I should have then put a new one on or just leave it or maybe even put a stripe over it. I am just worried about them taking it all apart and making thingshttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120172&stc=1 worse..

Thanks
Tim

Tazzel
11-23-2015, 11:05 AM
Dealers have all sorts of resources to correct paint issues. I hope you pointed the scratch out before you drove off the lot and had it documented. Also anytime you have Spyder serviced, look the bike over before you leave because bikes are often scratched during service. Also check panels to make sure they are nice and tight.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-23-2015, 11:13 AM
The answer here depends on who is responsible ???... if it's the dealer just let them fix it !!!!....However if it's you, a gouge needs to filled and painted are you capable ???.... if not check out a body shop ......or look here for a new panel , I think they come pre-painted b but check.....PROCALIBER.COM - - .....you must register ( for free ) to get the dis-counted prices....Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-23-2015, 11:29 AM
:welcome:
I'd have them fix; assuming that they were responsible for it in the first place... :shocked:

soupyjr8
11-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Thanks guys, Yes it was like that when I pick it up. I just know thing don't go back together the same way and it makes me nervous it could make bigger problems..

Bob Denman
11-23-2015, 11:36 AM
They'll be able to fix it up for you just fine... :D
After all; removing the Tupperware should be easy for any dealer... :thumbup:

Chupaca
11-23-2015, 12:05 PM
From what I read they dilivered it to you that way. If they were aware they should deal with it. The panel removal is a simple processes and you should not worry too much. These machines can hardly be worked on without removing panels so they are designed for easy removal. If you wish to repair it yourself you can do as mentioned above also check cheapcycleparts.com...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
11-23-2015, 12:34 PM
:welcome: Dealer should be made aware--if not already--that your new :ani29: came with a scratch. Should be covered by the dealer as a pre-delivery item.

Also the advice above about pre-service walk around, and after service walk around are important if your :spyder2: is damaged during servicing. Many mechanics don't get the panels stuck down right after servicing either. I know of one dealer here. :yes:

Darren111
11-23-2015, 03:17 PM
When Sandra goes in for servicing, she will be watched by myself. By watching I will learn how a spyder is serviced and also observe technician to make sure he/she is handling my beauty with care.

joebryanjr
11-23-2015, 04:35 PM
I noticed a scratch on a front fender on my 2014RT when I bought it. Cowtown USA ordered a new one and it was in when I took it back the following weekend.

PrairieSpyder
11-23-2015, 05:16 PM
If they gave it to you like that, they should fix it.