PDA

View Full Version : Its a little early but I'm planning ahead.

Utah Geezer
11-22-2015, 11:01 PM
Its a little early but I'm planning ahead. I would like to have some mods added to the 2014 Spyder RTL while at Spyderfest this year. It will be my first year and a long way to travel but looking forward to it. My question is do the vendors work on the Spyders while at the convention or do any of the local shops set up shop during convention? I have a few things in mind but if I see something I like at the convention will they install while I'm there? Should I make an appointment for the things that I know for sure I would like to add in advance with Pitbull or Lamonster or are they too busy during the convention?

PrairieSpyder
11-22-2015, 11:48 PM
The vendor village is set up at a fairground exhibition hall and the vendors will install what they sell. If you know what you want to buy, you should contact the vendor directly before the 'fest; you may be able to make arrangements to get your Spyder in the front of the line. You'll surely find other stuff to buy you hadn't even thought of, though. Unless you're really resistant to impulse buying.

Chupaca
11-22-2015, 11:52 PM
As the time comes near and the vendors list appears call and make an appointment. They do get busy but try to get to everyone without your missing events going on. You may have to skip some if they can't get you in...keep an eye out for the up coming post about the event...:thumbup:

Bfromla
11-23-2015, 12:34 AM
Come early & get to know roads between pittbull & everywhere you may go.
The "diverging diamond interchange" can be wild @ first!:helpsmilie:
Some vendors will offer installs. But all are restricted by time per customer, & limit what they will install @ fest. I was impressed my first fest & had tricled instal rear led strips bout 1hour to do work , 2hours waiting before my turn on list. They were efficient & called my cell 15min ahead so i could be ready & present on time, guess few walked off¿ Squared away alignments had a very smooth operation down pat.:firstplace::congrats:Had more trouble getting in line to come inside. Fyi could drive in door then had to push to each vendor (safer & no fumes indoors) lot of brake not on alarms @ door
lot of foot traffic would be in path & your hand not near horn button:gaah: but no known injurys, bunch of beep beep & laughs. Plan first day FARKLE shopping& plan who u want to install what, talk with vendors get times & what they offer for the fest. Mostly small jobs but if your lucky. The pace reall picked up @ the last day, not just pressure to finish fast , but techs had rhythm down pa,timed outmeals & breaks better. Lots of ryders could not stay that long eitherso all worked out. For me anyway, & my only plan was , to get there

Bob Denman
11-23-2015, 08:10 AM
https://youtu.be/OqZVRoIoMfQ

jaherbst
11-23-2015, 09:16 AM
Its a little early but I'm planning ahead. I would like to have some mods added to the 2014 Spyder RTL while at Spyderfest this year. It will be my first year and a long way to travel but looking forward to it. My question is do the vendors work on the Spyders while at the convention or do any of the local shops set up shop during convention? I have a few things in mind but if I see something I like at the convention will they install while I'm there? Should I make an appointment for the things that I know for sure I would like to add in advance with Pitbull or Lamonster or are they too busy during the convention?

Most venders install on site and Lamonster Garage and PitBull install at there shops. You might want to call it a Rally and not a Convention if you want to fit in. If you call it a "convention" people will start showing up in three piece suits!:yikes: Now that would be funny.

Jack

murphybrown
11-23-2015, 11:10 AM
Learned after Spyderfest #2 that I did not want to waste time waiting "my turn"...when I could be ryding and exploring and doing "stuff" away from vendor village. Now don't get me wrong I luv vendor village and I am a salesman's delight...BUT starting after first of year..I peruse vendor village list...mods that I know I want I contact vendor ASAP and set up appointment. For example...I already have an appointment with TricLED (one of the busiest vendors because of their quality products and customer service)...I will ryde in a day early (gotta luv retirement!!) and Reggy and team will have me 'all done' before others arrive. Helps them as well as meets my criteria for "doing all things Spyderfest".
Also to consider...Sunday things slow way down at vendor village...so consider making appt (if you can wait that long for your new farkles!!) for that day.
The other thing I do is about Feb. 1 I start sending my credit card to Get Fit classes...no way I want it to "poop out on me". :roflblack::roflblack::yikes:

Utah Geezer
11-24-2015, 01:04 AM
Sorry about that. As long as they show up at the RALLY in a three piece leather suit we can let them in.

Most venders install on site and Lamonster Garage and PitBull install at there shops. You might want to call it a Rally and not a Convention if you want to fit in. If you call it a "convention" people will start showing up in three piece suits!:yikes: Now that would be funny.

Jack

Utah Geezer
11-24-2015, 01:06 AM
Some good advise and help here. Thanks everyone.