PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuite question

Allmag
01-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I love this site with all the usefully info about the spyder, but i see alot of you have had "issues" being gear changing, power steering, dealers not responsive taking to long on repairs etc. I know somebody was looking at the lemon law but has anybody thought of suing BRP direct to get them to get there act together and respond to the issues so this bike will sell even better.

crazycanuck
01-30-2009, 12:40 PM
just curious as to how will the bike sell better if you file a lawsuit:dontknow:

Allmag
01-30-2009, 12:56 PM
If it wake them up and it gets out that they stand behind there product and go the extra mile to solve the issues the bike will sell better, so if a lawsuite wakes them up to do this is that not good for everybody?

LRCulpepper
01-30-2009, 01:49 PM
I guess I am confused but any issues that I heard about got solved dont know anyone that hasnt been taking care of one way or the other....you have to espect if you buy the first year or even the second year of a new not only model but of a new designed product that there will be issues....so I guess what I am wondering is what issues are you having that havent been addressed that is making you think of sueing them?

tatt2r
01-30-2009, 01:55 PM
most of the issues even though it maybe be BRP's fault are dealer related thats what it seams most of the complaints are not so much bike isn't running right it's that dealer doesnt know how to fix problem and they blame it on BRP...easy to pass the buck ....and say we contacted BRP and they don't know what the problem is ... thats a load of crap...they have been developing this vehicle over 10 years and although they havent got the bugs out of them i would think they have had all the same problems we have had and know how to address them ... not that i've had a lot of problems with mine but my dealer has had no problem getting parts within a reasonable time frame but has been able to fix them... thats another load of crap that they are waiting on parts ... over night them ... the dealer doesnt want to pay shipping for them ...
just my opinion but i use to do sublet work for car dealers and once i sat in on meetings and watched how they treat customers ...once they got your money the rest didnt matter... make up stories like we are waiting on a part....when they are readily available .... i knew this because the warehouse was about 2 miles from dealer they just put that stuff on back burner to get the "money" jobs in ... brakes, exhaust, oil changes ...ect..
whhoooo i feel much better now...
just my opinion but dont be so hard on BRP we are still driving in my opinion the safest "bike" on the road...
just my opinion though:coffee:
and no i dont work for BRP

Allmag
01-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I agree with what you say so why dosent BRP make there dealers give better service. They are proberly reading this site and know what issues people are having because at the end of the day its there name on the bike
(yes it is the safest bike out there that what makes it so good)

intothenew
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
I am considering buying one, no, I will probably purchase one within the next 12 months.

I went through the same research on my last bike purchase. Reading forums, reviewing tech specs, talking with VARIOUS dealers, even looking at the same companies other products and services.

On the machine proper, you most certainly need to be aware of the POSSIBLE problem areas. One, to maybe steer clear of that machine or a particular model and two, to be ready for an issue if and when it happens.

You will certainly see a disproportionate amount of problems if you only rely on forums. It is an easy venue to vent through, and there is most of the time instant feed back.

What I am trying to say here is two fold.

Buyer beware, especially on a new product. Wait a few years if you want to reduce your exposure to a problem.
And, you meet the nicest people when you think you are down and out. A good dealer can make even the cloudiest day full of sunshine.

Lawyers and lawsuits, it just ain't worth it for some inanimate object such as this. Save that for something really important.

FANG
01-30-2009, 02:41 PM
We live in a world where filing lawsuits are as common place as going to dinner at McDonalds. All lawsuits do is make lawyers richer and drive the price of a product up to pay for legal fees. New product - shake down period - we are the test market for this product. Don't be so quick to bring in attorneys. JMHO

Lamonster
01-30-2009, 02:46 PM
We live in a world where filing lawsuits are as common place as going to dinner at McDonalds. All lawsuits do is make lawyers richer and drive the price of a product up to pay for legal fees. New product - shake down period - we are the test market for this product. Don't be so quick to bring in attorneys. JMHO
:agree:

hondaman
01-30-2009, 02:54 PM
If you want the best a car,bike etc.then allways buy the last year before the hot new whatever comes out.I know,we see them the least,they are allmost trouble free.Good luck with the lawsuit,I bet they have deep pockets.

M2Wild
01-30-2009, 02:56 PM
It's a brand new product with nothing like it out there. Murphy's Law says it will never be perfect right out of the gate. But from what I observed so far, BRP certainly have room for improvement especially weeding out substandard dealers. Just not sure if a law suit is the way to go.

M2Wild
01-30-2009, 03:11 PM
So, again, holding back my Italian temper and not having my next picture being in the "Post Office" I am going to order this battery, pc680, on Monday even though I shouldn't have to.

"Nice way to start my weekend":mad::mad::mad:

Your dealer is FUBARed .... I'd switch to another immediately.

Director
01-30-2009, 03:25 PM

I agree, and I happen to be a lawyer. Lawyers should be absolutely the last resort, and only after all reasonable attempts at negotiation have failed. Frivolous and vexatious lawsuits are all too common in this day and age, IMHO.

Bruce

ataDude
01-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Big word alert. :D BTW, I agree wholeheartedly.!

...vexatiouslawsuits...

Bruce

ataDude
01-30-2009, 04:32 PM
That's probably good... better battery.

... holding back my Italian temper and not having my next picture being in the "Post Office" I am going to order this battery, pc680, on Monday even though I shouldn't have to.

"Nice way to start my weekend":mad::mad::mad:

Magic Man
01-30-2009, 04:33 PM
I agree, and I happen to be a lawyer. Lawyers should be absolutely the last resort, and only after all reasonable attempts at negotiation have failed. Frivolous and vexatious lawsuits are all too common in this day and age, IMHO.

Bruce

:agree::agree::agree:

MM

bjt
01-30-2009, 06:04 PM

Since you brought up McDonalds, anyone want a hot cup of coffee? :D A hot cup of coffee cost McDonalds $2.9 million. (http://www.vanfirm.com/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit.htm) Or one for those of us who didn't know that eating at McDonalds might be unhealthy. (http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2005/02/15/51451.htm)

Latest update:

Well, I bought the battery maintainer and charger, charged her up, put battery in, and the battery icon light still flashes when started.

My dealers solution:

Leave the bike here for 3 weeks till we get a new battery because we are not giving you the bike back after we take the panels off.

I thought we decided that the battery light blipping at startup doesn't necessarily mean the battery is shot. Are you still having problems starting the Spyder?

ElkSpyder
01-30-2009, 06:11 PM
:agree:
most of the issues even though it maybe be BRP's fault are dealer related thats what it seams most of the complaints are not so much bike isn't running right it's that dealer doesnt know how to fix problem and they blame it on BRP...easy to pass the buck ....and say we contacted BRP and they don't know what the problem is ... thats a load of crap...they have been developing this vehicle over 10 years and although they havent got the bugs out of them i would think they have had all the same problems we have had and know how to address them ... not that i've had a lot of problems with mine but my dealer has had no problem getting parts within a reasonable time frame but has been able to fix them... thats another load of crap that they are waiting on parts ... over night them ... the dealer doesnt want to pay shipping for them ...
just my opinion but i use to do sublet work for car dealers and once i sat in on meetings and watched how they treat customers ...once they got your money the rest didnt matter... make up stories like we are waiting on a part....when they are readily available .... i knew this because the warehouse was about 2 miles from dealer they just put that stuff on back burner to get the "money" jobs in ... brakes, exhaust, oil changes ...ect..
whhoooo i feel much better now...
just my opinion but dont be so hard on BRP we are still driving in my opinion the safest "bike" on the road...
just my opinion though:coffee:
and no i dont work for BRP

SpyderRider2492
01-31-2009, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Director http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71334#post71334)
...vexatiouslawsuits...

Bruce

Ok, I'm not afraid to admit it but I had to look up the meaning of Vexatious in my dictionary, and afterwards agree...........

Star Cruiser
02-04-2009, 12:53 AM
I love this site with all the usefully info about the spyder, but I see alot of you have had "issues" being gear changing, power steering, dealers not responsive taking to long on repairs etc. I know somebody was looking at the lemon law but has anybody thought of suing BRP direct to get them to get there act together and respond to the issues so this bike will sell even better.

No, we Canadians are not into the sueing thing very much. It will sometime come to pass that a lawyer has to get involved to get your expenses back, but they take a chunk of it back anyway. Hardly worth the excercise. Maybe it is just too good up hear (or maybe the beer??) there is just no pain and suffering to be heard. - LOL

If we were to sue McDonalds for the spilled coffee. We'd get $1.25 back from Mickey D's and then pay a Lawyer for filing the suite <BAG>