PDA

View Full Version : Highway. Pegs

scott k
11-21-2015, 10:51 PM
I worry that when I have my feet on them my foot would be to far from the brake pedal. I also ride a motorcycle so I'm use to a front brake lever. I have look at the front brake lever kit but, $1300 its not happening. My wife only rides the spyder so it is no big deal to her.

Copperman
11-22-2015, 06:21 AM
I worry that when I have my feet on them my foot would be to far from the brake pedal. I also ride a motorcycle so I'm use to a front brake lever. I have look at the front brake lever kit but, $1300 its not happening. My wife only rides the spyder so it is no big deal to her.

Yes, that can be a problem. You just have to stay alert and not tailgate when you have your feet up. You do get used to it.

GeorgiaBill
11-22-2015, 06:50 AM
I have the same concerns, but will eventually be forced to get highway pegs, which I will only use when away from traffic. I am also much more cautious already in intersections to accommodate for some of the delay in getting my foot to the single brake. I also added a full size brake pad which helps me a lot.

-Bill

Devious56
11-22-2015, 08:18 AM
I really like my highway pegs, but do not use them in traffic, it does get exciting when you have to get to the brake in a hurry.

David

Ex-Rocket
11-22-2015, 10:33 AM
The highway pegs are really only to be used when your driving on an open highway such as Interstates or 4 lane roads. If you were driving on a 2 lane road, me personally would not put my feet on the pegs. A lot of 2 lane roads have some blind curves and raises and dips in the road that can obstruct your view. Never know if someone will pull out in front of you or be stopped in the road for whatever reason and you not giving enough time to react to using your brakes. Just my opinion or 2 cents.

finless
11-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Great on the highway and open roads. Not used in traffic of any kind even at highway speeds.

But I would not be without them! They are a must have for long highway rides!

Bob

scott k
11-22-2015, 02:55 PM
It's not traffic I worry about its the four leg ones that don't check before they cross. We ride mostly back two lane roads.

tnhoover
11-23-2015, 09:30 PM
That's why I added the ISCI hand brake. Riding in any kind of traffic with my foot no where near the brake was a bit scary to me. Now I rarley use the foot brake.

BumbleBeeAZ
12-05-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S Highway Pegs – Frame Mounted Brackets.

Do you know of any alternative to Lamont's Lamonstergarage Highway Pegs for the 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S?

His metal seems too thin at 1/4" [at least for my purpose].

I have seen Rivco floor board ones with much thicker steel and would like to discuss pros/cons with anyone who has installed them, but prefer a frame mounted solution. I need STRENGTH so I can modify to make two heights - 4 pegs. Thanx in advance for yoru assistance.

jimbannon306@gmail.com 815-540-5683 SKYPE: jimbannon306

scott k
12-05-2015, 09:55 PM
We are planning on going to spyderfest next year so I should be able to see the different ones there. The wife is already working her shopping list.

jaherbst
12-06-2015, 12:07 AM
Highway Pegs, yes thats why their called "highway Pegs". Otherwise they would call them "Street Pegs". I wish Spyders had forward pegs (controls) like some of the Harleys. Very comfortable and no need for "highway Pegs".

Jack

BumbleBeeAZ
12-08-2015, 12:46 AM
I also added a full size brake pad which helps me a lot.

-Bill

Can you please supply a part number for the LARGE brake pedal pad?? How about a link for ordering?

Thanx,

Jim:shocked:

BumbleBeeAZ
12-08-2015, 12:50 AM
$1300 its not happening...

DITTO.... Who pays these kinds of prices?
How do their wives allow it?

Brian Kay
12-08-2015, 05:25 AM
Can you please supply a part number for the LARGE brake pedal pad?? How about a link for ordering?

Thanx,

Jim:shocked:

Go to TricLEDusa.com and under products, miscellaneous products, you'll find the "Full size brake pedal for all spyders"... It's $50 but worth it.

cruizr
12-08-2015, 09:28 AM
ISCI Has highway peg kits that mount to the cross members on the 2013 and newer spyders, or you can just buy the brackets and build your own highway pegs.
they take about a hour to install and can be put on without taking the panels off.

Air Wing Guy
12-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Please Take a look at our highway bracket and foot pegs that we have available. Steel support bracket mounted under your Spyder. Visit our web site for mounting instructions and more pictures.
Thanks, Mike
Baker Built
www.bakerbuilt.com (http://www.bakerbuilt.com)http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120894&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120895&stc=1

JeffBates
12-11-2015, 08:43 PM
I have an 2015 RT Limited. I would like to get some hyway pegs for it. just not sure who to go through...dont want to spend an arm and a leg.

Cruzr Joe
12-11-2015, 08:50 PM
I have Lamonts "NBV Highway Pegs", and The oversized brake pedal on my RT I use my highway pegs about 90% of the time, with the oversized brake pedal i do not have to take my foot off the pegs to brake, i simply use my heel to apply pressure on the brake pedal ....................... Try it, it works. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe