PDA

View Full Version : Alarm sound?

ITWorkerBee
11-21-2015, 10:48 PM
So after I took my bike in for the 600 miles check up / oil change it has developed a new noise. After I have been driving it for a few minutes about 15 to 20 minutes, to and from work. Parking in the garage turn it off and walk away from it it then starts making an alarm noise or a buzzer noise not quite sure what it's trying to tell me as eventually the alarm turns itself off. This has happened three times since the dealership completed their job and it doesn't seem to affect anything it's just an alarm that goes off? Any suggestions you can hear it on the recording I have attached ignore the middle part where you hear me shuffling my feet around the bike while I'm recording.

Peter Aawen
11-21-2015, 10:50 PM
You forgot the to attach the 'attached recording'! :opps:

ITWorkerBee
11-21-2015, 10:53 PM
Unable to get it attached.....mp4a format not supported trying a work around

dginoregon
11-21-2015, 10:58 PM
I'm assuming you put the parking brake on :)

Peter Aawen
11-21-2015, 11:01 PM
It's not the high pitched tone they all make for anything up to 30 minutes after turning them off, is it??

happyspyder2039
11-21-2015, 11:04 PM
So after I took my bike in for the 600 miles check up / oil change it has developed a new noise. After I have been driving it for a few minutes about 15 to 20 minutes, to and from work. Parking in the garage turn it off and walk away from it it then starts making an alarm noise or a buzzer noise not quite sure what it's trying to tell me as eventually the alarm turns itself off. This has happened three times since the dealership completed their job and it doesn't seem to affect anything it's just an alarm that goes off? Any suggestions you can hear it on the recording I have attached ignore the middle part where you hear me shuffling my feet around the bike while I'm recording.Throttle body makes a wine sound for about 30 min. after shutdown...

ITWorkerBee
11-21-2015, 11:13 PM
Yep break is on, but throttle body (what is that) and "they all make" is a new one on me. Did (don't) notice it before the service, so the question is why and what is throttle body?

SpyderAnn01
11-22-2015, 12:15 AM
I'm posting from my phone so I don't know how to copy and paste links for you but if you go to Google and type in "throttle body noise Spyder" you'll get a bunch of threads that will answer your questions.

Darren111
11-22-2015, 05:09 AM
Unable to get it attached.....mp4a format not supported trying a work around

I had trouble trying to attach "Third riding experience" camera footage on here too, glad its not just me.

kep-up
11-22-2015, 07:23 AM
It's not the high pitched tone they all make for anything up to 30 minutes after turning them off, is it??

SAY WHAT?!?!?

Bob Denman
11-22-2015, 08:47 AM
:joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::joke:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120133&stc=1

It's just the throttle bodies; dong their thing... :thumbup:

billybovine
11-22-2015, 11:21 AM
You did not share what Spyder model and year you have but based on the first service being at 600 miles you have a 998 engine. I assume. The throttle body throttle plates are held shut for 40 minutes after shutdown to prevent a hot start problem. This is explained in your owner's manual.