PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the 2016 ST Limited?

blacklightning
11-21-2015, 11:45 AM
I was just looking through my catalog for the 2016 spyders. I noticed that in the ST line up, that the standard ST, and the ST Limited is no longer listed. Does anyone know if this has been deleted for the 2016 year?
I have a 2014 RT, and love it. My main purpose for choosing the RT was to allow me and my wife to do some riding together. But, since we do not ride often (together that is), I was considering the ST or the F3T. It would suit 1 up riding better, but still be fine for the occasional 2 up short trips. Although I like the looks of the ST better, the 1330 engine in the F3T is my drivetrain of choice. I have also come across some awesome deals on leftover 2015 F3's, and at the current prices, I would actually consider one of those if the savings would be enough to add a set of corbin bags.
Does anyone with a F3 have any photos of their bike with the added corbin bags, and how do you like them? I had corbin bags on my Suzuki Boulevard M109, and my Kawasaki ZZR1200. I must say, they were better, roomier, and sturdier than anything that anyone else offered for the bikes.

AY4B
11-21-2015, 12:06 PM
They are going in the direction of the F3 limited which is basically the same thing but with the 1330 engine.

AY4B
11-21-2015, 12:11 PM
I still prefer the look and lines of the ST Limited. The new F3 Limited looks too boxy for me. I just ordered the Corbin bags and Lamonster seat. I will like the new look once it all gets here and I put it together. The only advantage with the F3 is the engine.

Bob Denman
11-21-2015, 12:37 PM
I think that the integrated bags on the F-3 Limited look pretty sharp! :thumbup:

TEWKS
11-21-2015, 12:50 PM
I think that the integrated bags on the F-3 Limited look pretty sharp! :thumbup:

Oh yeah they do, actually afraid to go look when they hit the dealerships! ;)

Pat

Bob Denman
11-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Uh-oh... :shocked:

Face it: You/re hooked! :ohyea:

TEWKS
11-21-2015, 01:00 PM
Guess there could be worse things! :dontknow: :D

Pat

Chupaca
11-21-2015, 01:09 PM
ST's were not their best sellers who knows...:dontknow: too bad :banghead: but looks like they will be pushing the RT and the F3....:banghead:

blacklightning
11-21-2015, 01:22 PM
I agree, they do look nice, but I bet they probably do not hold as much as the Corbin bags, and nothing really looks as good as a color matched corbin set up. I met a couple at the Spyders in the Smokies rally that had 2 ST spyders with the corbin bags. I must say, with all the neat bikes that were there, they impressed me the most. I just wish they came with the 1330 engine:sour:.

Bob Denman
11-21-2015, 01:25 PM
I guess that you need to decide which is more important:
Storage, or the drivetrain?? :dontknow:

billybovine
11-21-2015, 01:28 PM
From what I can tell both the RS and ST are only available in the North American market for 2016. So I would assume that they will both be gone completely for 2017.

ARtraveler
11-21-2015, 02:36 PM
There have been some nice postings with Corbins on the ST--hopefully some one will find them quicker than me.

I do not like the Givi bags. To small for me. Had them on my 2008 and 2009. They did not change over the years.

Think you should seriously consider the F3 with the 1330 engine. The T version and LTD versions come with integrated bags for 2016--very nice.

See Corbin site, if you go basic and want to ad them. I believe around $1,500 plus.

blacklightning
11-21-2015, 02:54 PM
There have been some nice postings with Corbins on the ST--hopefully some one will find them quicker than me.

I do not like the Givi bags. To small for me. Had them on my 2008 and 2009. They did not change over the years.

Think you should seriously consider the F3 with the 1330 engine. The T version and LTD versions come with integrated bags for 2016--very nice.

See Corbin site, if you go basic and want to ad them. I believe around $1,500 plus.

I agree, the corbin bags are very nice, even nicer than the integrated bags that they have for the F3T (in my opinion). The only advantage of having the Givi bags is that you are able to take them in with you for those times that you are on the road and don't want to unpack everything. I don't travel often, and so I just sewed me up some bags to fit inside my corbins on the other bikes. That way I could just remove everything and take into the hotel room. I guess my main decision will be to decide if I like the corbin bags on the F3, or the integrated bags on the F3T. I like the fact that the F3T would allow me to also have my tunes also (kind of gotten spoiled with that on my RT). Either way, it will be atleast next fall before I make a move (if I change at all), and maybe there will be some killer deals on the left over 2016 F3T's like there are now on the other spyders.
Just thought I would start this post since I hadn't seem much mentioned about the absence of the standard ST and the ST Limited. Sort of seems like the writing could be on the wall for the downfall of that versionnojoke.

GearHd
11-21-2015, 04:59 PM
The Limited is gone for 16. I'm glad we got our leftover 14 ST Limited when we did. My local dealer still has a leftover 15 Limited so if you really want one I'm sure you can find a 15. The dealers are offering pretty good discounts on the leftovers.

Bob Denman
11-21-2015, 06:48 PM
:agree: Some careful shopping should find you LOTS of them! :thumbup:

WEB-WVR
11-22-2015, 01:05 PM
The Limited is gone for 16. I'm glad we got our leftover 14 ST Limited when we did. My local dealer still has a leftover 15 Limited so if you really want one I'm sure you can find a 15. The dealers are offering pretty good discounts on the leftovers.

I purchased a 14 ST-L this last April and love it. Great looker too. And yes....there are good deals out there on 14s and 15s. I dont plan on long haul vacations on the Spyder, more local and in-State.....so the ST meets my riding style and needs. My back also likes the straight up seating arrangement. :thumbup:

JCWeatherman
12-05-2015, 05:36 PM
I still prefer the look and lines of the ST Limited. The new F3 Limited looks too boxy for me. I just ordered the Corbin bags and Lamonster seat. I will like the new look once it all gets here and I put it together. The only advantage with the F3 is the engine.

The first time I laid eyes on the ST-Limited, I knew I had to have one. It took two years, but I got the ST.

I might eventually learn to love an F3, but it would take some doing. I don't like the front end, and even the 2016 limited with the built in saddle bags doesn't cut it with me. Yes, the 1330 would be nice someday, but for now, I'll enjoy the high-revving 998.

And, yes, it's just my opinion. ;)

bscrive
12-05-2015, 05:58 PM
My wife had the ST Limited for a year and a half, but she found that the riding position gave her a sore back. I put on an Utopia backrest, and it helped a little, but she would still be hurting after a couple of hours on her ST. She never had a problem with her RS, so she decided to try the F3, since it was a lean forward style, even though she was not crazy on the looks. After a half hour demo ride she was hooked. She couldn't believe how much nicer the ride was, and how much smoother the torquey power was. She got the Black and Chrome F3S, and we have put a bunch of stuff on it already. We did a 10 hour ride through the Adirondacks in October, and her back didn't bother her once. She was ready to ride longer. If she had her ST, we would have had to stop a lot more than just for gas. I have ridden all three of her Spyders, and I prefer the F3 over all the other ones she has had. It has better power, and the handling is far superior to the RS, and ST.

I did put another Utopia backrest on her F3 for extra comfort as well as an Urban rack, BRP windshield, Heated grips, Kappa side bags, custom 'Can-Am' decals, and I made her custom floorboards with her name on them. Next is some LED lighting, LED driving lights, LED under glow lighting, Lamont's side mirror delete kit (when he has it available), and a brake flasher.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120738&stc=1

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120739&stc=1

Bob Denman
12-05-2015, 06:17 PM
That's a VERY nice-looking F-3! :clap: :congrats: on the tasteful upgrades! :2thumbs:

bluespyder2015
12-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Hi John,

I'm a new member and very recently picked up a 2015 ST Limited.

I was wondering how long you've had yours and how many miles on it to see if you've had any issues with your Spyder.

Any advice/tips are welcome, I recently learned the ideal RPM levels for shifting and different cruising speeds.\

Thanks,
Lu

The first time I laid eyes on the ST-Limited, I knew I had to have one. It took two years, but I got the ST.

I might eventually learn to love an F3, but it would take some doing. I don't like the front end, and even the 2016 limited with the built in saddle bags doesn't cut it with me. Yes, the 1330 would be nice someday, but for now, I'll enjoy the high-revving 998.

And, yes, it's just my opinion. ;)

Darren111
12-27-2015, 05:08 PM
In reference to the UK 2016 Can-Am brochure only F3, F3-S, F3-S Special Series, F3-T, F3 Limited, F3 Limited Special Series, RT, RT-S, RT-S Special Series and RT Limited will be available to buy. No ST or RS available to buy in the UK.

BikerDoc
12-27-2015, 05:36 PM
From what I can tell both the RS and ST are only available in the North American market for 2016. So I would assume that they will both be gone completely for 2017. I agree.. BRP seems reticent to eliminate a product outright no matter how little it sells but a phase out would be more their style...

PrairieSpyder
12-27-2015, 06:23 PM
I also like the looks of the F3L's integrated bags. If I was buying my first Spyder I'd sure give it some big conseration.

I guess that you need to decide which is more important:
Storage, or the drivetrain?? :dontknow:

Or you can have both with the RT!!!

JCWeatherman
12-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Hi John,

I'm a new member and very recently picked up a 2015 ST Limited.

I was wondering how long you've had yours and how many miles on it to see if you've had any issues with your Spyder.

Any advice/tips are welcome, I recently learned the ideal RPM levels for shifting and different cruising speeds.\

Thanks,
Lu

Hi Lu,
We purchased out 2013 ST-Limited in August 2015. It was used and had 185 miles on it. Since then I have added another 3000 to the odometer. At my request, the dealership (Hollinger's, Ephrata, PA) replaced the panels with newer panels to alleviate the heat problem. They have also done a couple updates to the fuse box and something else (can't remember right now). One reflector fell off of a saddle bag, and Hollinger's had a new set of reflectors within a couple days.

As far as advice goes, read the sticky post in the general forum called Do's and Do Nots for New Spyder Owners (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners). I found it very helpful, especially regarding shift points.