PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Trailer Cover question

View from behind
11-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Does anyone have this cover for their trailer and if so can it be used as a traveling cover when stopped at the end of the day or is it strictly for say winter storage? The description says it is a storage cover? Is this cover waterproof?
Thanks for any input.:dontknow:

Radthorne
11-25-2015, 07:43 PM
Does anyone have this cover for their trailer and if so can it be used as a traveling cover when stopped at the end of the day or is it strictly for say winter storage? The description says it is a storage cover? Is this cover waterproof?

I have the cover and just put it on for the first time yesterday, as I was packing things away for the winter. I don't know if it is waterproof (yet) but it looks like it is. It is a thinner material than the Spyder travel cover, but seems adequate. It fits quite snugly all around the trailer, I don't think it will blow off if used as a travel cover while parked for the night while on the road. I intend to use it that way, so next spring, I'll let you know! :D

happyspyder2039
11-26-2015, 09:56 AM
i would not use as cover while moving. You will probably get damage to cover or trailer

Cruzr Joe
11-26-2015, 10:43 AM
i would not use as cover while moving. You will probably get damage to cover or trailer

:agree:, it will scratch your trailer, and quite possibly tear and blow off. These covers are meant to protect the finish while they are parked, and most are water resistant.

Cruzr Joe

View from behind
12-03-2015, 03:30 PM
I have the cover and just put it on for the first time yesterday, as I was packing things away for the winter. I don't know if it is waterproof (yet) but it looks like it is. It is a thinner material than the Spyder travel cover, but seems adequate. It fits quite snugly all around the trailer, I don't think it will blow off if used as a travel cover while parked for the night while on the road. I intend to use it that way, so next spring, I'll let you know! :D

Thanks everyone I solved my cover problem, I cut down a previous light weight water resistant cover I had for my Beemer to fit the trailer (does so quite nicely) and it did not "cost" me anything. I even recycled the cording around the edge. :yes: