PDA

View Full Version : 2015 RTL Question

Commander
11-18-2015, 09:36 AM
First of all I love my 2015 RTL. The one minor thing that I found that is a little annoying is the Bottom rear side panel as shown on page 48 of the owners guide does not seem to be secured to anything toward the rear of the Spyder. I checked other RT's and they all seem to be the same way. Has anyone found a way of securing it or is it that way for a reason?

SpyderAnn01
11-18-2015, 10:10 AM
I think it was made that way so that oil changes are easier. The panel used to be attached more firmly but it took forever to get it off when changing the oil. I've never heard of one flying off so I wouldn't worry about that.

4 MARIE
11-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Doggone it ! Now I have to really examine my RT. Haven't had any panel problems, but this is still an interesting post
for those of us that are a little numb.

Bob Denman
11-18-2015, 01:42 PM
They may rattle around a bit, but they're not going anywhere without a fight! :D

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119959&stc=1

ARtraveler
11-18-2015, 02:43 PM
They have you covered. I usually do a panel check as a part of my pre-ride inspection. If they are all locked down the way they are supposed to be, they are not likely to fall off.

Every time I do an oil change or service, I triple check mine. The mechanic still does not know how to properly attach the front panels. They are always not inserted into the panel above as they are supposed to be.

Pampurrs
11-18-2015, 02:46 PM
<snip> The mechanic still does not know how to properly attach the front panels. They are always not inserted into the panel above as they are supposed to be.

And you continue to go to that mechanic??? :banghead:

Pam

ARtraveler
11-18-2015, 02:51 PM
And you continue to go to that mechanic??? :banghead:

Pam

There are two dealerships in the whole state of Alaska. One is really bad. They did not even know where the battery was on a machine needing work from the NtA travelers this summer.

I go to the good one. They get it right about any issues, they don't seem to get the panels right. If I end up not going to the one above--I will have to be done with :spyder2: altogether. No other choices here.

Pampurrs
11-18-2015, 02:56 PM
There are two dealerships in the whole state of Alaska. One is really bad. They did not even know where the battery was on a machine needing work from the NtA travelers this summer.

I go to the good one. They get it right about any issues, they don't seem to get the panels right. If I end up not going to the one above--I will have to be done with :spyder2: altogether. No other choices here.

Understood! :thumbup:

Pam