PDA

View Full Version : Hay Colorado

jtpollock
11-16-2015, 08:06 AM
Is any one out there going to do the Children's Hospital Toy run it's Dec 6 you have to get registered at any Denver area Harley as they are the major sponsor :chat: jtpollock

Tazzel
11-16-2015, 11:24 AM
I don’t think there is a "Spyder" group organized to go. But you can join the Colorado Spyder Riders Meetup site if you haven’t already and organize a trip.

http://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Spyder-Ryders

I went one year and decided not ever to go again. They put you in a staging area for over an hour and then organize groups of about 40 to be release at a time. There were thousands of bikes and when all those Harley's fired up it was very toxic.

jtpollock
11-18-2015, 07:46 AM
I don’t think there is a "Spyder" group organized to go. But you can join the Colorado Spyder Riders Meetup site if you haven’t already and organize a trip.

http://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Spyder-Ryders

I went one year and decided not ever to go again. They put you in a staging area for over an hour and then organize groups of about 40 to be release at a time. There were thousands of bikes and when all those Haley's fired up it was quite toxic.

Thanks for your comment BUT this is one of the best organized Toy run I have ever done and one of the safest.
I can not access the meetup site from my office computer and by the time I get home I don't want to be on the Computer........

Back to the Toy run it's a great cause it's fun and how doesn't want to ride in December I have never hade a bad time, Oh Ya my first toy run is where I meet Ann and her husband and is one of the reasons I joined the meetup group. The reason I use this site is the Name says it all SPYDERLOVERS what else can you say!!!!!
The ride is for fun the toys are for the KID'S nojokenojoke jtpollock

Colorado needs just a little more of what they have in Mo like PITBULL and LAMONSTER GARAGE the dealership is OUTSTANDING.

Tazzel
11-18-2015, 12:27 PM
Never said it was not a good cause or that it was not safe. Just saying to be prepared to be trapped in a staging area with no way out, no bathrooms and a lot of exhaust fumes for up to 2 hours

jtpollock
12-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Well Sunday morning 6:00am 25 Degrees it's going to be a cold ride to get to the Park just a short ride down the highway 40 miles. Stopped to get a bite before heading to the park opining at 8:00 I was in the second row.

Remembering that this is sponsored by Harley I could not believe all the different motorcycle, choppers bikes with sidecars standard trikes from Harley and Honda I was only able to find two other Spyder's Not a very good showing from the Colorado Spyder Ryder's.

The bikes were parked 7 deep from the row behind me all the way around the park, besides getting to ride on a Sunday in December was to looks on the kids faces when we pulled in at the Hospital... What a DAY :thumbup::yes:jtpollock.

amusher
12-07-2015, 09:45 AM
I was invited to go by another Spyder Ryder but being -8 in the mornings when I'd have to leave and 5" of snow on the ground.........that's just a little too much for me to get on and ride.. I think my riding is over until Spring..

Be safe..

jtpollock
12-08-2015, 07:34 AM
I was invited to go by another Spyder Ryder but being -8 in the mornings when I'd have to leave and 5" of snow on the ground.........that's just a little too much for me to get on and ride.. I think my riding is over until Spring..

Be safe..

;) Ya that's a little beyond my safety zone... I will ride down to 17 but after that It's the car and I don't ride in the snow if I can help it. Maybe see ya on the road Happy Holidays Always ride Safe :ohyea: jtpollock