PDA

View Full Version : 100 mph on a public highway

Rogue Hawk
11-16-2015, 12:07 AM
I was riding on the highway tonight and three guys on sport bikes flew passed me. I was doing 60 and it was like I was standing still. I can't do that. I have to go to work tomorrow. I can't spend the night in jail and get my license suspended. I have heard them for years up on the highway late at night doing insane speeds. You can't miss them, one can hear them for miles. I wonder how they get away with it. I also wonder who these guys are. Seems like they have nothing to lose by getting caught or dead.

But it does make me feel old.

Chupaca
11-16-2015, 02:03 AM
They are all over the place and the worst is that you don't hear them till they are next to you. On the fun roads we startout early cause those clowns don't get up early so the roads are clear and we are gone before they litter them with body parts..:banghead: both kinds.....:banghead:

Saluda
11-16-2015, 07:22 AM
Don't feel old, feel safe. They're nuts, hopefully the law will catch up to them eventually.

Bob Denman
11-16-2015, 07:44 AM
Hopefully; they're all registered organ donors... nojoke

Deer Slayer
11-16-2015, 08:07 AM
I reset my spedo to km. Then get to 100 easy. 140 looks good too. :roflblack:
Really back in the 60s there was a streach of road between Ephrata and Moses Lake, Washington that one could and did run the ton. You could not hit anything! 57 Ford Thunderbird Special was my ride. Ah, with age comes wisdom, if one lives long enough.:cheers:

Orange Spyder Man
11-16-2015, 08:32 AM
If you can't run with the "big boys" .. I always heard " stay on the porch" !! ;)

osm

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
11-16-2015, 09:34 AM
well i still remember the crazies in nyc when one got run over & then they chased the driver down. the courts don't go hard enough
to scare the **** out of those type of riders.

Pirate looks at --
11-16-2015, 10:12 AM
Really, it is not all that hard to get the RT to 100 on the open highway. I have done it accidentally with two up. Looked down at the speedo and I was at 102. I was overtaking some 18 wheelers and wanted to get a around them quickly. The darn think runs so smooth that I could not tell the difference from 80. No belt vibration at 102. I thought the better of it and let go of the throttle and backed down to 75. This was on freeway so the road was in near perfect condition. :yes::yes:

Rogue Hawk
11-16-2015, 11:18 AM
I see these sport guys hanging out at the local Dianese store. They have really expensive custom bikes, but they are all very young. So I wonder how they get the money. They don't look 'respectable'. Not like they are young professionals a few years out of college. Of course, those young professionals have something to lose as much as I do. They look more like the guys who wash my car.

Motorcycledave
11-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Hey...
I could get my Honda ST1300 to 100 in my
driveway, but I would never do it... not enough
slow down and stopping distance,
and also last time I checked I wasn't CRAZY

Synthetic
11-16-2015, 01:49 PM
The crouch rocket riders can be very annoying at times but I sure don't wish ill will on any of them….I hope they don't hurt themselves or anyone else….they probably enjoy riding just like we do but at an illegal pace often. Don't want them to be injured for sure…

Bob Denman
11-16-2015, 02:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6MT3CihStFQ

retread
11-16-2015, 02:52 PM
There is a section of I-69 just east of Lapeer, MI that has no entrances or exits for around 5 miles, also straight and fairly level. Guess where we went for "tests". Of course, I haven't lived in MI for almost 10 years, so things might have changed.

But, I'm told 170 on a Ninja can be fun!:yikes:

john

ARtraveler
11-16-2015, 02:57 PM
There is a local contingent of military sport bike riders here. I have seen them whizz by at more than 150 in a pack of six or so. One time, they drove right into a police trap between ramps. I am guessing that someone called ahead and reported them. The limit is sixty five where they were.

Rogue Hawk
11-16-2015, 04:31 PM
But, I'm told 170 on a Ninja can be fun!:yikes:

john

Oh yes, it sure would:firstplace: I heard of a place called the 'Texas Mile' where it can be done. Its an old air strip in the middle of no place.

If they want to take risks, I really don't care. But they are endangering others. I wanted to change lanes, but I saw three wiz by so there was no way I was going to because I had know idea if there where more.

Bob Denman
11-16-2015, 06:34 PM
If they want to take risks, I really don't care. But they are endangering others. I wanted to change lanes, but I saw three wiz by so there was no way I was going to because I had know idea if there where more.

'Nuff Said... nojoke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TCKRu02Nzk&feature=player_detailpage

jScotD
11-16-2015, 07:05 PM
not saying I havn't...and Bob I won't look at your forward...I have had enough real life episodes that I feel nowdays

Mo Lee
11-17-2015, 05:05 AM
I always found it important to check the third digit on the speedometer, just to make sure it works.;)

Bam Bam and Pebbles
11-17-2015, 07:49 AM
I seem to have a need to get the Beast over a 100 whenever I take it out. Smooth as silk. I don't do this when other vehicles are around and I always check for cops before I do my speed run. Everyone who says they don't do this, are you saying you never have driven anything over a hundred?

Bob Denman
11-17-2015, 08:03 AM
Everyone who says they don't do this, are you saying you never have driven anything over a hundred?

Sure... When I was acting stupid... :shocked:

It doesn't take brains or skill; just a lack of concern for everyone else that you share the road with.

AY4B
11-17-2015, 11:30 AM
Most of them are not fully insured. The dealers use a loophole to let them buy without it to sell more bikes.

AY4B
11-17-2015, 11:46 AM
If they all had to get full insurance, the vast majority sales would crash. My step son just got rid of his Ninja because he could no longer afford to insure it even though it was not fully insured.

DrewNJ
11-17-2015, 02:12 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1265038460180120&id=414982355185739

Bam Bam and Pebbles
11-18-2015, 11:38 PM
Sure... When I was acting stupid... :shocked:

It doesn't take brains or skill; just a lack of concern for everyone else that you share the road with.

Like I said, I don't do this when anyone else is around me. Riding fast doesn't equate to riding stupid.

Bob Denman
11-19-2015, 08:23 AM
I'm glad to hear that you're careful; so many riders aren't! nojoke

TommyBwell
11-19-2015, 08:35 AM
In Atlanta the flow of traffic is usually 80. Tacking on a few extra mph is not hat big a deal. I hit 100 all the time. I've been about 165 on the banks at Daytona with a cement wall a yard away and the G's pushing your head down into the tank so hard you can't look down the track as far as you need to be looking. It's a serious rush.

kep-up
11-19-2015, 09:58 PM
Like I said, I don't do this when anyone else is around me. Riding fast doesn't equate to riding stupid.

My favorite saying: RIDE FAST, RIDE SAFE

The one doesn't necessarily negate the other!