PDA

View Full Version : Replacing battery

blmoore95
11-10-2015, 05:00 PM
What is the best battery to get and where is the best place to get them? For a 2010 RT Radio and Convenience. Is it best to get the type that is filled after purchase or the one that comes sealed? YTX24HL Yuasa is what I have deduced after reading in the threads. What is the BS? model? Thanks, newbie and learning.
Retta

Bob Denman
11-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Get a sealed battery; the one in your RT lays on it's side... nojoke
And if the OEM lasted this long; why not stick with them? :dontknow:

gypsy_100
11-10-2015, 06:06 PM
Others here will disagree but if you follow Yuasa's and BRP's recommendations, you will use a factory-filled and charged battery. The BS stands for "bottle supplied" meaning bottle-supplied acid. The detailed Yuasa catalogs show the Spyders with the laid over batteries as one of the very few applications where they specify factory-filled and not the fill-it-yourself kind. I contacted Yuasa about this as AGM batteries are generally considered acceptable in almost any orientation. Their tech people responded that for a battery in that orientation, they want the battery factory-filled and charged. They put the battery thru a specific charge/discharge procedure that guarantees all the acid is absorbed and therefore cannot leak out. When I replaced the battery on my 2011 RT, that is the route that I took.

Pennyrick
11-10-2015, 06:17 PM
What is the best battery to get and where is the best place to get them? For a 2010 RT Radio and Convenience. Is it best to get the type that is filled after purchase or the one that comes sealed? YTX24HL Yuasa is what I have deduced after reading in the threads. What is the BS? model? Thanks, newbie and learning.
Retta

The OEM battery is by far the best IMO. One tip... buy from a dealer and ask the dealer to put the battery on slow charge overnight at the dealership and have it installed the next day. The battery life is extended exponentially when the plates are allowed to absorb the electrolyte for a long period while charging. Dumping in the fluid and going with a fast charge saves time but kills the battery life.