PDA

View Full Version : 2012 RT

CSI
11-10-2015, 04:48 PM
From what I can tell (listening and looking thru the grill), there are no rear speakers in our 2012 RT.

What after market speakers will fit in there? Also, does it come wired for the rear speakers, or am I gonna have to take this thing 1/2 way apart to get to the audio out of the factory radio?

Devious56
11-10-2015, 05:00 PM
What model RT do you have? I just purchase and 2015 RT Limited and the rear speakers were turned off. I had to go into the mode function and find the rear speakers and turn the volume up on them so my wife could hear the radio. If you don't know haw to do that, send me a PM and I will go out to my Spyder and write down the process for you.

David

Bob Denman
11-10-2015, 05:29 PM
If you have a 2012 Base Model RT; I don't believe that they were standard...
But J&M makes some really good speakers that'll fit like they were made for the bike.
You could also probably find a set of the rear OEM speakers in here, form somebody who has upgraded from them. :thumbup:

CSI
11-10-2015, 06:01 PM
I am pretty sure it is just a base model.

Mick N
11-10-2015, 06:24 PM
My flavor of Spyder 2012 SPYDER RT-S SE5 has functioning rear speakers... had to go into the garage and turn on the radio to find out... once I figured out where the controls were and how they worked. I never use'em!

tobor9
11-11-2015, 12:55 AM
If you have a 2012 Base Model RT; I don't believe that they were standard...
But J&M makes some really good speakers that'll fit like they were made for the bike.
You could also probably find a set of the rear OEM speakers in here, form somebody who has upgraded from them. :thumbup:

Bob, I have a '15 RT base and it has rear speakers,I would think the '12 would.

Bob Denman
11-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Actually; that's not quite the case... When BRP did away with the A&C model; they upgraded the base model to essentially replace it. I believe that's when the bike gained rear speakers. :thumbup:

finless
11-11-2015, 09:39 AM
Actually; that's not quite the case... When BRP did away with the A&C model; they upgraded the base model to essentially replace it. I believe that's when the bike gained rear speakers. :thumbup:

You are correct. 2013 is when they got rid of the A&C (Audio and Convenience) model which did not come with rear speakers.

Bob

CSI
11-13-2015, 03:46 PM
You are correct. 2013 is when they got rid of the A&C (Audio and Convenience) model which did not come with rear speakers.

Bob

After doing some looking into the paperwork, what I have is a 2012 A/C Model.

Is it just me.......or does it seem to be odd that the model they call "Audio and Convenience" would come from the fact with no rear speakers?

:shocked:

NorCalBud
11-13-2015, 04:49 PM
2012 Can-am SPYDER RT-S
The Spyder RT-S package offers all the standard Spyder RT Audio & Convenience features, PLUS:

Electronically adjustable rear air suspension

Aluminum 6-spoke dark Mist Gray front wheels

Chrome trims

Two additional rear speakers with audio control for the passenger

Fog lamps and LED running lights

Front cargo light and liner
Transmissions available SM5 – 5-speed manual with reverse OR
SE5 – 5-speed semi-automatic with reverse

CSI
11-17-2015, 12:57 PM
Does anybody know what size those rear speakers are?

All I can find on the Can Am site is the whole rear speaker package....pods and all....

I have the pods....I just need the speakers, as far as I know.

GOZFST
11-17-2015, 02:02 PM
Did you ever go into the menu and look to see if the rear speakers were turned on? My new to me 12 RT A&C has rear speakers.