PDA

View Full Version : ISCI Handbrake for F3 installed

Mike Ard
11-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Well after waiting for quite a while I now have the ISCI handbrake installed on my F3. The install was fairly straight forward with only a few glitchs. One of the things we found was with the floor boards all the way back (short leg position) it did not appear that the slave cylinder gear would fit properly as it rubbed against the motor. The way we got around this was to use the stock foot peg right side mount and installed it along with the ISCI hardware on the long leg position. This was of course after we discovered that the peg mount for the F3 is different than the floor board mount. All I had to buy was the long rod for 26.00. Also had a bit of an issue bleeding the brakes but that was more our issue than the kit.

Initial impression with the stock brake pads is that it works very well and stops quickly. I do have the BajaRon fully sintered pads to install but that is for another day. I was not able to test it out as much as I would have liked as it was pouring down rain as I rode the 18 miles home. I was also going to take some pictures but by the time I did get home I was soaked to the bone and freezing cold. Will try and get some pictures to post tomorrow.

Chupaca
11-09-2015, 09:14 PM
good to know it is working for you. Waiting to see the hookup and hear about the big test. Hope you have a good day comming up soon...:thumbup:

Eddy Hutchens
11-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Well after waiting for quite a while I now have the ISCI handbrake installed on my F3. The install was fairly straight forward with only a few glitchs. One of the things we found was with the floor boards all the way back (short leg position) it did not appear that the slave cylinder gear would fit properly as it rubbed against the motor. The way we got around this was to use the stock foot peg right side mount and installed it along with the ISCI hardware on the long leg position. This was of course after we discovered that the peg mount for the F3 is different than the floor board mount. All I had to buy was the long rod for 26.00. Also had a bit of an issue bleeding the brakes but that was more our issue than the kit.

Initial impression with the stock brake pads is that it works very well and stops quickly. I do have the BajaRon fully sintered pads to install but that is for another day. I was not able to test it out as much as I would have liked as it was pouring down rain as I rode the 18 miles home. I was also going to take some pictures but by the time I did get home I was soaked to the bone and freezing cold. Will try and get some pictures to post tomorrow.
I also installed the ISCI Hand Brake. Love it. I too had trouble bleeding system but all is good now. I have mine in the 4 spot with floorboards, all fit great.

Mike Ard
11-13-2015, 01:46 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119719&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119720&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119721&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119719&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119720&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119721&stc=1

HotRodLincoln
01-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Whats the best price to be had for these kits?

Mike Ard
01-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Check with Motorcycle Dave, he might be able to give you a good price. List is about 1500 but have seen them as low as 1350

Bootie
01-31-2016, 10:30 AM
Check with Motorcycle Dave, he might be able to give you a good price. List is about 1500 but have seen them as low as 1350

I paid $1275 + $25 shipping = $1300 for mine direct from ISCI. They had a 20% promotional discount over Xmas.

TuckMiddle
01-31-2016, 12:20 PM
I also installed the ISCI Hand Brake. Love it. I too had trouble bleeding system but all is good now. I have mine in the 4 spot with floorboards, all fit great.

I rode down to MGM from north of ATL in Feb, 4 years ago and they installed it in about 6 hours the next day. Had to get it due to arthritis in my right hip. At first, my impression was it was a little weak, the problem was more arthtitis in my right elbow than I realized, plus the brake handle had no adjustment. That was fixed about a year later with an adjustable lever they found or made - I had heated and bent one that was ok, but this one is super. Plus, using the brake handle a lot and many applications doing hard stops, my elbow hurt less and the right hand/arm became "re-habilitated" and I could make emergency stops about as well as with the foot pedal, except when the hip went ape of course. Four years and 60,000 miles later all is well. The hip seldom acts up, but at the start of a ride yesterday it decided to spasm and I was sure happy I had three wheels and the hand brake. :cheers:I too have a Baja Ron set of pads and will put em on the front soon - the rear pads do real well. Plus, the basic add on system is Harley and you can get kits at any Harley dealer, should you need reservoir or cylinder parts.

Bootie
02-01-2016, 09:46 PM
I got my ISCI Handbrake installed today (more or less, haven't bled it yet) without any big problems. I even have the large BRP floorboards and I did not have any problems. EXCEPT.....
When I was mounting the primary cylinder on the handlebar I found an extra wire that must have been the wire for the heated grip that was added at the dealer. Problem is that there is no place for the wire in the ISCI Hardware. To remedy the situation I had to disassemble the switch housing and re-route the heater wire. I thought this went well until I noticed...
1) My hazzard lights were flashing and I could not turn them off.
2) My engine would not start (would not turn over). Lights were OK.
3) I removed the Hazzard Light Fuse and put it back in place. The Hazzard Light went out but so did everything else.
4) Now I cannot get the instrument cluster to come on, the engine won't turn over. The running lights come on, the horn works but that's it.

I gave up for tonight and will continue to trouble shoot tomorrow. If any of you have seen this, I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks, Bootie

Bootie
02-02-2016, 10:55 PM
I got my ISCI Handbrake installed today (more or less, haven't bled it yet) without any big problems. I even have the large BRP floorboards and I did not have any problems. EXCEPT.....
When I was mounting the primary cylinder on the handlebar I found an extra wire that must have been the wire for the heated grip that was added at the dealer. Problem is that there is no place for the wire in the ISCI Hardware. To remedy the situation I had to disassemble the switch housing and re-route the heater wire. I thought this went well until I noticed...
1) My hazzard lights were flashing and I could not turn them off.
2) My engine would not start (would not turn over). Lights were OK.
3) I removed the Hazzard Light Fuse and put it back in place. The Hazzard Light went out but so did everything else.
4) Now I cannot get the instrument cluster to come on, the engine won't turn over. The running lights come on, the horn works but that's it.

I found the electrical problem (pinched wires in the handlebar mount) :gaah:and everything went well after I un-pinched the wires. I had to take a little time to re-route the wires because the heated grip wires made the bundle too large for the ISCI mounting hardware. I also have the BRP floorboards and they posed no problem. Bleeding was no problem either and it went smoothly.

Love that ISCI handbrake.:yes: