PDA

View Full Version : Communication System - Which one?

ChrisDeck
11-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Hi All - I need a little help and guidance. My wife and I have 2 F3's coming in a couple of weeks and we are trying to figure out what communication system is the right one.

My wife has a Shoei 1200(no wind issues) and I have a Shark Raw (3/4 with likely wind issues). We will each have our own Iphone 6+'s for our own music. No external GPS or radio, just the phone for everything.

1. Will a Sena product(or other) broadcast turn by turn directions from one phone to both riders? Ideally we would only like to use one phone for Nav while each potentially listening to our own music while also being able to talk with each other. The Nav programs on the Iphone are battery eaters and would like to minimize one.

2. Are there apps on the Iphone that would not eat the battery like google maps?

3. Since my helmet will have some wind issues, will any of the communication products have a mike that would work for voice commands or do I need to manually enter the address and just use mike for communicating to one and other?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Chris

Spyder 42
11-08-2015, 02:55 PM
I've been using a Bell Mag9 with a Sena SMH-10 for several years. Granted it's been used behind windscreens but the sound is clear. IIRC, there is noise cancelling so a constant wind noise isn't a problem. MotorcycleDave is a vendor here and can answer other questions. I believe that the gps question depends on whether the phone can make the two connections.

Lew L
11-08-2015, 11:43 PM
Go with just about any model of Sena. You won't be disapointed.\

Kaos

Bfromla
11-09-2015, 12:53 AM
Need to talk with Dave on the home page list of vendors. Great info & deals:firstplace: