PDA

View Full Version : No Mode Button Push Needed...

Bob Denman
11-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Have any of you had this happen yet?
In the past six weeks; I've encountered 10 separate times, that I didn't have to push the Mode button for a cold start-up...
The bike had sat overnight, and it would just go directly to the LED Speedometer read-out; rather than forcing me to endure the full start-up protocols.
What gives? :dontknow:
If the bike is continuing to boot-up systems as I run it, I sure haven't noticed anything not functioning in a normal fashion...

JayBros
11-07-2015, 06:16 PM
I'm having to push it on all cold start ups. Have 11,360 miles on it.

krazykat
11-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Had this happen to mine 2 or 3 times like you describe. No rhyme or reason to it. Everything else always seems ok. I Like it when it happens.

Lew L
11-07-2015, 07:14 PM
I have had it happen a couple of times also----both hot and cold. SOOOOOO much electronics:yikes:

PrairieSpyder
11-07-2015, 07:29 PM
It happens on mine, but not from a cold start. Usually after sitting no more than a half-hour.

Charlottes Web
11-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Had it happen on a cold start a few times

bodymanpainter
11-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Mine has done it several times as well on cold start and hot start!
Toby

happyspyder2039
11-07-2015, 07:54 PM
In the past six weeks; I've encountered 10 separate times, that I didn't have to push the Mode button for a cold start-up...
The bike had sat overnight, and it would just go directly to the LED Speedometer read-out; rather than forcing me to endure the full start-up protocols.
If the bike is continuing to boot-up systems as I run it, I sure haven't noticed anything not functioning in a normal fashion...yep! 2-3 times as well. I just thought it was a freak thing. But then again. Maybe I hit the mode button early in the boot up :dontknow::dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
11-07-2015, 08:40 PM
Mine does it on a pretty regular basis. Sometimes it makes me mad because I don't have time to read the safety card first.

Pampurrs
11-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Sometimes I go out to the garage and turn the key on and then go back into the house to fill my coffee mug and grab my purse. When I go back out to the garage after several minutes, the ipod is playing and the Spyder is ready to start. I don't know if it just does it after a period of time or what. It doesn't always do it.:dontknow:

Pam

DJFaninTN
11-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Mine does it on a pretty regular basis. Sometimes it makes me mad because I don't have time to read the safety card first.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110713175940/egamia/images/4/46/I-see-what-you-did-there_trollcat.jpg

PMK
11-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Our 14 has done it also.

It seems that when that happens, or if the wife has the trunk open during a boot, the engine is detuned. I say this based on the exhaust tone is different and also when I close the throttle I get no pop out the exhaust tips.

Shut it down, wait a minute, reboot and the exhaust note is crisp and the popping is there.

The performance is also felt in a softer throttle response.

PK

vided
11-07-2015, 09:00 PM
The first couple times it happened, I was like thinking, Did I hit the mode button
and i didn't remember doing it.

There doesn't seem to have any pattern.

ARtraveler
11-07-2015, 10:05 PM
It has not happened to me that I am aware of. :dontknow:

I am done riding for the year so will check it out in March or so. :bbq:

4 MARIE
11-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Mine will "no mode" start within 5 minutes of being ran. LATELY...however,
about every 10 cold starts or so, it will give me a "no button" start.
It is kind of freakish and I usually just pass it off as another Can Am anomaly.

If only it could do this EVERY TIME. When I saw the title on this post, I thought...YES ! We can defeat this ! argh....

Bfromla
11-07-2015, 11:34 PM
:gaah:you dont have it memorized?!:roflblack::roflblack:

MRH
11-07-2015, 11:47 PM
You don't need to hit the mode button if it's only been a couple of minutes since it was last started, but I've also seen the rare occasion where it didn't require me to read the instructions again and hit the mode button.

In all of those cases, I certainly appreciated not having to pull that card out and read it again!

:ohyea:

SpyderAnn01
11-08-2015, 12:03 AM
:gaah:you dont have it memorized?!:roflblack::roflblack:

That isn't allowed you must read it each time.

Bob Denman
11-08-2015, 08:20 AM
:shocked: Could it be due to the fact that I've got a "Non-Standard" safety card message?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119394&stc=1

GeorgiaBill
11-08-2015, 08:38 AM
It seems erratic to me. I turn on the key and then do the ear plugs. helmet, coat, gloves, and then see if the mode button needs to be depressed. I'll start paying attention to whether the engine is hot/cold etc.

-Bill

ttrac
11-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Mine has done it a couple of times, wish it would start right away all the time. :yes:

Trbayth
11-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Mine's done it a few times as well.

trikermutha
11-08-2015, 10:25 AM
sometimes I will not start it right away and just turn on the key..Then I will go to try and start it and I don't have to clear the screen with the button ..:shocked:
Go figure..

SDM
11-08-2015, 10:30 AM
I also have experienced this on my bike. Just had a thought (:yikes:) - they have spoken of a quick start feature on the PD spyders - possible that this is either a switch or in the software in all of the bikes and that in non-PD bikes it is "switched" off. I know, not explaining myself very well but hope you get the idea.:dontknow: Who knows, YMMV.

Dustoff
11-08-2015, 10:58 AM
SpyderAnn01 " no time to read the safety card first " Now that's some funny stuff :bowdown::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
11-08-2015, 01:51 PM
She'd rather ride; than read... :2thumbs:

cuznjohn
11-08-2015, 02:05 PM
it has happened tome a few times, but don't remember how many

ThreeWheels
11-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Thank your lucky stars for your good fortune.
I always have to push the mode button for a cold start-up.
Of course, like everyone, at short gas stops, I can start without hitting the mode button and the boot-up continues while I'm drving away.
Why can't we have that as the normal mode of operation.

spyderyderjim
11-08-2015, 07:43 PM
If the bike is continuing to boot-up systems as I run it, I sure haven't noticed anything not functioning in a normal fashion...

Hi Bob,
Check in Left Fusebox the R1 & R2 Relays are pushed in real tight, (push in hard all relays & fuses).
R1 Relay is Reverse actuator
R2 Relay is Pre-starting
On my 2014 RT-S SE6 I had to replace B.O. R2 relay (I replaced R1 relay also); (probably caused by ryding on a really rough, bumpy mountain road at high speed).
I found several relays, fuses a little loose in both Right & Left fuse boxes (Oct 2014); check LFB F7 & F8 fuses are not blown.
Jim

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119442&stc=1

Bob Denman
11-09-2015, 08:03 AM
:clap: Thanks! :thumbup:
Our roads around here can be pretty rough, so it sure could have loosened-up some of the relays...

Thunder55
11-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Safety Card?...what's that....
~:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Bob Denman
11-10-2015, 05:26 PM
It's put there for the safety of others... :D

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119576&stc=1

Lew L
11-10-2015, 07:01 PM
It's put there for the safety of others... :D

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119576&stc=1
I enlarged, printed, and laminated the above. Thanks Bob. Now installed on the :spyder2: It is the proper use for the safety card pullout.

Unautherised touching of my :spyder2: Will cause:::::
Kaos

Bob Denman
11-13-2015, 08:12 AM
:clap: :congrats: That's why I posted it: so that folks could help to end the...

..."Chaos"! :D

Windagetray
11-13-2015, 11:44 PM
So, the past two months, mine started doing the "no mode button" before starting. SOMETIMES...... I get no mode button required....then the Spyder starts.....THEN the "Press Mode Button" screen comes up AFTER it's already running and moving! SO, I have to press the "mode" button to see the speedo screen! I ride LOTS of bumpy roads. After reading this thread I'll check the relays and fuses. Thanks all!

trikerbiker645
07-11-2016, 11:00 PM
I just hit the eco mode switch as soon as I get on and hit the start button, fires right up. Don't have to wait for dash to come on/boot up. Read somewhere that it was possible to do this as the Canadian bikes can.My buddy also starts his the same . Both 2015 RTS bikes. safe riding

hypurone
07-12-2016, 09:58 AM

SkyNet calling.... ;)

Bobleach45
07-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Have had this only on hot start within 30 minutes of shutdown. If there was a way to permanently remove it I'd do it in a heartbeat.

spyderCodes
07-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Your Spyder is saying that it might begin to start trusting you.
This trust is a fragile thing and can be shattered with a a few tenths of a pound out in tire pressure, oil belatedly checked at 305 miles or
maybe the brakes not properly inspected.

Your Spyder is fickle.

It starts to trust you then you do some bone headed human thing and you are sent back, as a naughty school boy or girl, to reading the safety card.

Bob Denman
07-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Your Spyder is saying that it might begin to start trusting you.
This trust is a fragile thing and can be shattered with a a few tenths of a pound out in tire pressure, oil belatedly checked at 305 miles or
maybe the brakes not properly inspected.

Your Spyder is fickle.

It starts to trust you then you do some bone headed human thing and you are sent back, as a naughty school boy or girl, to reading the safety card.

:D This makes perfect sense!!! :clap: :2thumbs:

JP58
07-12-2016, 07:49 PM
My 15 RT-S has done it. But mine does not need to wait for instruction screen to start. I turn key on when the display says can-am I push to mode button and it starts.