PDA

View Full Version : Computer reboot problem?

BillCatto
11-07-2015, 03:05 PM
I have a 2014 ST-S with about 1K on it. Over the last two weeks I have noticed that the computer will sometimes reboot right after I start the engine. The engine stays on but I have to acknowledge the safety warning again. Anyone had this issue? Is it a sign of a bigger problem? Thanks in advance. Bill

GearHd
11-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Our 2014 ST-L does not do that.

greatrides
11-07-2015, 04:53 PM
I have 2014 sts that turned 30,000 miles today and mine does. I asked the dealer and they said that it happens. So knowing my dealer I know it's not right and they don't want to deal with it. Good luck!!

Peter Aawen
11-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Might be worth checking that your battery terminals are tight?!? Loose connections there could cause momentary power loss when the 'extra drain' of starting happens, making the computer want to reset....

Might help, might not, :dontknow: just sayin'

Tdugas
11-07-2015, 05:49 PM
I have a 2015 RT Limited and mine does it but while riding it does it continuos , my dealer opened a case ,I will bring it in for them to check it . I think it's a heat issue cause mine only does it when it's really hot day 100 degree , it has not acted up since it cooled off so I don't think they will fine anything wrong .

JayBros
11-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Get thee to thy dealer.

Deer Slayer
11-07-2015, 07:57 PM
I have seen this happen on used Spyders that are started and moved every day. When this happens we charge the battery. Check the state of charge on your battery. You should use a float charger if your Spyder sets for a few days. What happens as the engine starts it had drawn enough current to reset the computer. Good luck.

Brettssunshine
11-07-2015, 10:25 PM
This was happening to my 2009 RS when I was beginning to have battery problems. Eventually, the battery caused a Limp Home Mode. New battery.....end of problem.

greatrides
11-07-2015, 10:50 PM
Mine has done it from day one and I have had it just over a year now and bought it new. But I have to say my poor spyder is not a happy one if there is something that will go wrong mine will have done it119376 pic of mine running telling me to hit mode.

BillCatto
11-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies....it is now doing it every time. I have checked the connections and they are solid. I have it on the Battery Tender now.... Kind of disappointing for a not so inexpensive toy. Fingers crossed the BT does the trick Thanks gain.

JCWeatherman
11-12-2015, 07:16 PM
This is a case for a well-trained, very patient technician. It sounds like you are losing power to the main board. It should be covered under warranty; the sooner the better. Intermittent surges can lead to even more, and bigger, problems.

AY4B
12-11-2015, 10:48 PM
I agree with Deer Slayer, It sounds like your battery is low and/or your connections on your battery are loose. I just got a battery tender and was shocked to see how loose the nuts were on the battery. The battery charged a long time and once charged fully, the boot up time was noticeably shorter. I had been wondering why it took so long to boot up.

IGETAROUND
12-12-2015, 08:01 AM
might want to think about adding toothed washers to your connections; much less likely to reloosen after tightening:yikes::yes::opps::popcorn: