PDA

View Full Version : Repair Manual

bigbadbrucie
11-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Does anybody know of a good D.I.Y. Type repair and maintenance manual for the Spyder. I've always had either a Haynes or a Clymer for my motorcycles, but have been unable to find anything comparable for my Spyder. I've found that the Clymer was far more rider friendly than the manufacturers repair manuals that seemed to be written for the journeyman mechanics.

sg2848775
11-05-2015, 07:25 PM
I looked for a long time for a manual for my spyder. And ending up buying the Can Am manual, and it was worth it.

BruceA
11-05-2015, 07:27 PM
You can get a downloadable PDF version of the factory manual for about $30. Very complete.

spydermanstever
11-05-2015, 08:46 PM
You can get a downloadable PDF version of the factory manual for about $30. Very complete.

Yes I got the PDF version as well as the BRP manual. I like to have the PDF version in my smartphone so it is always with me on my trips. It also comes with parts manual, and accessories catalog incorporated. Here is the link to it >

http://www.canammanuals.com/Can-Am%20Spyder.htm

Hope this helps you.;)

Fat Baxter
11-05-2015, 10:04 PM
^^ I bought one of those canamamanual-dot-com PDFs. Oddly, enough, it didn't cover the very issue I was most concerned with at the time: how to remove the rear tire! So I'm not sure they're the best solution.

Unfortunately, you won't know if it's complete until you buy it.

Bob Denman
11-06-2015, 08:33 AM
You can get a copy of the Green Manuals on EBay; that's where I got mine. :D

spydermanstever
11-06-2015, 08:59 AM
^^ I bought one of those canamamanual-dot-com PDFs. Oddly, enough, it didn't cover the very issue I was most concerned with at the time: how to remove the rear tire! So I'm not sure they're the best solution.

Unfortunately, you won't know if it's complete until you buy it.
If I don't find what I am looking for in a Shop Manual, I always do a search on YouTube. It just so happens that Lamonster and Finless Bob have posted two excellent videos there on how to remove the rear tire on a Spyder.

OlJim
11-06-2015, 09:15 AM
X 2 on green-manual.com

bigbadbrucie
11-06-2015, 10:08 AM
You can get a copy of the Green Manuals on EBay; that's where I got mine. :D
This is probably a very dumb question and I'm probably letting my ignorance hang out for all to see, but....what the heck is a "Green Manual"? Is that just another name for a shop manual or ?????

Chupaca
11-06-2015, 10:13 AM
I have the green manual..I like that it includes the recalls, parts list, updates and bulletins as well as the flat rate. Good to know so if you should have to go to a dealer they don't stiff you on the labor...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-06-2015, 10:26 AM
This is probably a very dumb question and I'm probably letting my ignorance hang out for all to see, but....what the heck is a "Green Manual"? Is that just another name for a shop manual or ?????

Here's an ad for one of them on EBay; it'll give a better idea of what they're all about....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Can-Am-Spyder-RT-RT-S-LTD-Repair-Maintenance-Master-Collection-Manual-/261815732720?hash=item3cf56f09f0:g:FAAAAOSwkNZUnXK h&vxp=mtr

And there are no dumb questions; just incomplete answers...

bigbadbrucie
11-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Here's an ad for one of them on EBay; it'll give a better idea of what they're all about....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Can-Am-Spyder-RT-RT-S-LTD-Repair-Maintenance-Master-Collection-Manual-/261815732720?hash=item3cf56f09f0:g:FAAAAOSwkNZUnXK h&vxp=mtr

And there are no dumb questions; just incomplete answers...
Thanks very much Bob. Very much appreciated. I've been riding 2 wheelers since I first got my DL, but had to give them up for health reasons, and am now on 3 wheels and so far just love it. I'm 72 and not ready to quit yet. This definitely a new learning curve.

Bob Denman
11-06-2015, 12:10 PM
I'm glad to hear that the :spyder2: has put your hair "back into the wind!" :thumbup:

mikeinco
07-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Hey there Brucie I'm also 72 and switched to 3 wheels as well and like you I love it.
Mike