PDA

View Full Version : Access to Saddlebag catch RT - SE6 2015 Model

eddieshep999
11-05-2015, 03:50 PM
I have a Spyder RT SE6 2015 Base Model

The Right hand saddlebag catch (Jaws - This closes on the lid pins) does not go back when closing the saddlebag lid - I can use a screwdriver to open the jaws of the catch and this allows the lid to close, it releases ok but the catch remains in the closed position

It looks like a small spring has come off and I want to get access to the catch to see if I can reconnect it

I have a CD Service manual but could not find the details of how to get access to the catch - I think I have to remove the rear passenger handrail

Does anyone have a step by step guide on what I need to do to access this catch

Any information would be useful

Thanks

ajaxx
11-08-2015, 03:52 AM
Looking for A similar solution I have a 2014 RT limited my saddlebag latch will not release to open them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finless
11-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Not everything on the Spyder has a removal procedure in the service manual.
In those cases, you go to the parts explosion drawings and this will help you see how it goes together.

Bob

eddieshep999
11-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Not everything on the Spyder has a removal procedure in the service manual.
In those cases, you go to the parts explosion drawings and this will help you see how it goes together.

Bob

Thanks Finless

I did check the BRP parts website and found I needed to remove the Passenger Handrail - 5 Bolts in total - 2 Gold coloured bolts at one end 1Gold coloured one at the other end
and 2 Black bolts between the 2 catches Having disconnected the Audio Control and the heating connector (Had the rear heated passenger handrails added)
first
I then had to remove 2 tie wraps (Cable Ties) which secures a wiring loom to the Radio just to get access to remove the whole catch
as suspected a small spring had become unattached which allows the jaws to remain open whilst the lid is open - as you close the lid the jaws lock in place
I found that BRP fits the small spring under the catches which allows them to fall out (the pieces bent over are on the top of the catch, So I
refitted the springs on top which should make them more secure - Maybe BRP should consider this as this is more secure and the spring is less
likely to drop out

Note - The 3 Gold coloured bolts are held by captive nuts and they use loctite I had to wedge a screwdriver in to stop the captive nut from spinning due to how tight the bolts were in

Hope this helps olthers

Bob Denman
11-12-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm glad to hear that you were able to sort all of it out! :congrats: :2thumbs: