PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Vacation

Dudley
10-31-2015, 03:40 PM
Left on Oct 14th for Louisiana to mainly visit my 89 year old Mom. Had a great time and was able to see all my siblings, class of '62 friends at a luncheon, etc. Here is the wrap up.

Well, the trip ended last night Oct 23rd at 10:15 PM, Pacific Time. A total of 3692.7 miles, run engine time for travel 61.06.30 hours. That equals to 60.4 MPH engine time travel. Cost of gasoline $285.00 for 110 gallons, average $2.59 per gallon. Two Motel 6 stays in Van Horn, TX (highly recommend) for $85 total (with AAA Discount). Stay at my brother, Homer's garage apartment, granddaughter's Nico and husband Will and friends Omar and Wendy Hernandez, priceless.
For all of you that I got to see, priceless. As time goes on in life, even short moments together are precious. Naturally I didn't have time to see all I had hoped to see, but I hope that those who were missed understand. I traveled 400 miles (in 4 days) around the Lafayette, Kaplan, Abbeville area. Just ran out of time.
My main objective was attained...spending quality time with my mother, who will be 89 on Monday. If anyone would like to visit her at any time she would really enjoy the company. She is at Amelia Manor, Center Street, in Lafayette.
And last but not least, the 2014 RTS Spyder ran flawlessly.

ARtraveler
10-31-2015, 03:46 PM
Thanks for posting about the trip and the visit with mom. Those are some of the best moments in life. :yes:

Big Arm
10-31-2015, 04:26 PM
Sorry I missed you passing through Tucson, Dudley.
Sounds like a nice trip, visiting family and friends. Maybe we can meet up again in the future sometime.
Ride safe !

Blade
11-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Left on Oct 14th for Louisiana to mainly visit my 89 year old Mom. Had a great time and was able to see all my siblings, class of '62 friends at a luncheon, etc. Here is the wrap up.

Well, the trip ended last night Oct 23rd at 10:15 PM, Pacific Time. A total of 3692.7 miles, run engine time for travel 61.06.30 hours. That equals to 60.4 MPH engine time travel. Cost of gasoline $285.00 for 110 gallons, average $2.59 per gallon. Two Motel 6 stays in Van Horn, TX (highly recommend) for $85 total (with AAA Discount). Stay at my brother, Homer's garage apartment, granddaughter's Nico and husband Will and friends Omar and Wendy Hernandez, priceless.
For all of you that I got to see, priceless. As time goes on in life, even short moments together are precious. Naturally I didn't have time to see all I had hoped to see, but I hope that those who were missed understand. I traveled 400 miles (in 4 days) around the Lafayette, Kaplan, Abbeville area. Just ran out of time.
My main objective was attained...spending quality time with my mother, who will be 89 on Monday. If anyone would like to visit her at any time she would really enjoy the company. She is at Amelia Manor, Center Street, in Lafayette.
And last but not least, the 2014 RTS Spyder ran flawlessly.

Thanks for the information shared on your trip. I too am from Louisiana (specifically New Orleans) I plan to visit relatives during a 4 corner trip next year.
I'm glad you went to see Mom because when their gone you will truly miss them. Also glad you made it back safely.

Blade

SpyderAnn01
11-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Glad to hear you had a nice trip. Did you manage to dodge all of the rain?