PDA

View Full Version : 3000 mile service

TravelNMan
10-31-2015, 10:58 AM
I dropped my 2014 RT off at Flat Out Powersports in Martinsville, IN last Saturday for the 3000 mile service. They also did the laser alignment. I picked it up yesterday and what a difference the alignment made. I recommend anyone that hasn't gotten the alignment to do so. Flat Out has a great service department for those in central Indiana.

My Ultimate Tall Boy should arrive on Monday. Can't wait.

ARtraveler
10-31-2015, 02:11 PM
Glad to hear that all went well with the 3000 miler and the addition of a laser alignment.

Said before, but a lot of people may not have seen it:

I was a skeptic on the need for an additional alignment when a vehicle is purchased new from the manufacturer.

I had one done early on (for me) on my 2014 as well as a second one done (a couple months after dealer did one the old way) on the 2011.

Both machines were out of spec by over an inch on one side. The dealer done one was the worst that Squared Away had seen.

After the alignment, both machines track like they are on rails. Akspyderlady said her :spyder2: handled totally different. She did not need to "fight" the handlebars any longer.

Headwrench
10-31-2015, 02:45 PM
Whats the normal cost of the alignment

JayBros
10-31-2015, 03:04 PM
Whats the normal cost of the alignment
Prices vary but a buck and a quarter is perhaps a wag median.

JDroop
10-31-2015, 03:14 PM
What do you want to say with "buck and a quarter"?

ARtraveler
10-31-2015, 03:47 PM
What do you want to say with "buck and a quarter"?

About $125

TravelNMan
10-31-2015, 05:36 PM
I paid $150 for alignment. Worth every penny. My RT was pulling to the right before but now its tracking true.

kkcrew89
11-05-2015, 12:09 AM
Good to hear about places that do good work so if I travel in that area and something done I would know a good place to go to.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Roadster Renovations
11-05-2015, 12:48 AM
I dropped my 2014 RT off at Flat Out Powersports in Martinsville, IN last Saturday for the 3000 mile service. They also did the laser alignment. I picked it up yesterday and what a difference the alignment made. I recommend anyone that hasn't gotten the alignment to do so. Flat Out has a great service department for those in central Indiana.

My Ultimate Tall Boy should arrive on Monday. Can't wait.

That's where we bought our RT last year. Glad they did good for you! They practically bent over backwards to sell the bike to us.

We just got back from Spyder in the Smokies and one of the alignment guys was doing them for $80.