PDA

View Full Version : Turning off 2015 RT speakers

Sonny P
10-30-2015, 02:34 AM
How can I turn off my RT speakers so that my music can only be heard through my helmet headset speakers?

thefishknot3
10-30-2015, 03:00 AM
It is my understanding that you can't "turn off" the speakers, you mute them. You do this by pressing the down arrow to turn the volume down
keep it pressed until it goes all the way down, then the speakers will go into mute mode. I've read my manual twice and no where did I find this out.
I found out from someone on this GREAT forum:thumbup: . I tried it and it works. Good luck and safe riding.

Bfromla
10-30-2015, 04:20 AM
Dont know why you would want speakers on mute:dontknow: most people are looking for upgrades to be louder. But to each his own. With that open the tupperware, should be ez enough to unplug the speakers. Id duggest only undoing only 1 wire per speaker & protecting the end (heat shrink or electrical tape)so will not short out accidently. You could ziptie the wires together & keep them from falling fown into hard to reach spots on the bike. You may want speakers eventually. Good luck:thumbup:

Copperman
10-30-2015, 04:55 AM
How can I turn off my RT speakers so that my music can only be heard through my helmet headset speakers?

I'm going off the top of my head...

Press your mode button till you get to the set up screen.
Toggle down to audio (?) or to speakers(?).
Toggle over to on/off.

Poof... they're off. No need to mute or disconnect.

Bob Denman
10-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Yup! :agree: :thumbup:

nslowmotion
10-30-2015, 08:43 AM

Toggle over to on/off.

Yep, that's how it is done,,:bowdown:

ottawa-rider
10-30-2015, 09:06 AM
Look for the "External Speakers" setting and turn it off (or maybe it's disabled).

Note that while the volume control does not affect the sound volume to the headset, muting the sound will also mute to the headset.

billybovine
10-30-2015, 09:30 AM
Look for the "External Speakers" setting and turn it off (or maybe it's disabled).

Note that while the volume control does not affect the sound volume to the headset, muting the sound will also mute to the headset.

If the GPS is properly connected to the radio it will override the mute.

Jim&Teresa
10-30-2015, 10:11 AM

Toggle over to on/off.

Yes, exact procedure to turn off speakers....explore your bike's screens and go through them all...that's how I learned about all of the options vs. reading it in the manual in regard to the screen choices.

finless
10-30-2015, 10:38 AM
FYI if you have the Bluetooth dongle, when you fully mute the speakers it will also mute the BT dongle.
Thus only way to not hear the speakers is to lower the volume on them as low as you can without muting them.
Lowering the volume on the speakers does not lower the volume on the BT dongle.

Bob

billybovine
10-30-2015, 10:47 AM
Thus only way to not hear the speakers is to lower the volume on them as low as you can without muting them.

Bob

That is not correct. Turning the external speakers off as stated by others above will silence the speakers and leave the BT unaffected. But turning the speaker volume down is my prefered method.

finless
10-30-2015, 10:48 AM
That is not correct. Turning the external speakers off as stated by others above will silence the speakers and leave the BT unaffected. But turning the speaker volume down is my prefered method.

If you hold the volume down button, it will mute the speakers AND SORRY... YES it does mute the BT dongle.
Do you have the BT dongle?

If you would like me to prove it, I will run out and shoot a quick video ;)

Bob

Pirate looks at --
10-30-2015, 10:53 AM
Dont know why you would want speakers on mute:dontknow: most people are looking for upgrades to be louder. But to each his own. With that open the tupperware, should be ez enough to unplug the speakers. Id duggest only undoing only 1 wire per speaker & protecting the end (heat shrink or electrical tape)so will not short out accidently. You could ziptie the wires together & keep them from falling fown into hard to reach spots on the bike. You may want speakers eventually. Good luck:thumbup:

Nothing sounds worse than someone playing music blasting away on their motorcycle!:yikes:

finless
10-30-2015, 10:53 AM
I guess we are talking about 2 different things. Shutting off the speakers via the menus you are correct. I was talking about mute not shutting them off via the menus. So the terms we use confuse ;)

However with that said... you won't be able to get into the menus if you are moving to turn them off that way. BRP decided it was not safe to allow you to do that while moving.

Bob

Pirate looks at --
10-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Mute the speakers as suggested. Go out and by a Sena or Cardo unit and pair it with an iPod touch or your music loaded phone and then you don't ever have to use thos horrible sounding speakers!:yes:

finless
10-30-2015, 10:58 AM
Mute the speakers as suggested. Go out and by a Sena or Cardo unit and pair it with an iPod touch or your music loaded phone and then you don't ever have to use thos horrible sounding speakers!:yes:

But then you don't see the music menus on the dash. Kind of hard to navigate through 1,100 songs by stepping forward one after the other.
Well unless you have your phone on the dash and can manipulate the screen which is a NO NO and as bad as texting while driving :lecturef_smilie:

Bob

billybovine
10-30-2015, 11:01 AM
I guess we are talking about 2 different things. Shutting off the speakers via the menus you are correct. I was talking about mute not shutting them off via the menus. So the terms we use confuse ;)

However with that said... you won't be able to get into the menus if you are moving to turn them off that way. BRP decided it was not safe to allow you to do that while moving.

Bob

If you are rarely or never going to listen to the external speakers it would be best to use the, turn the external speaker off option. If you wish to switch back and forth between headset and external speakers, it would be best to turn the volume down.

finless
10-30-2015, 11:02 AM
If you are rarely or never going to listen to the external speakers it would be best to use the, turn the external speaker off option. If you wish to switch back and forth between headset and external speakers, it would be best to turn the volume down.

:thumbup:

Pirate looks at --
10-30-2015, 11:10 AM
But then you don't see the music menus on the dash. Kind of hard to navigate through 1,100 songs by stepping forward one after the other.
Well unless you have your phone on the dash and can manipulate the screen which is a NO NO and as bad as texting while driving :lecturef_smilie:

Bob

True, but I have 14,500 songs on my phone (iCloud) so I usually just set a playlist when I head out so I know there are no "clunkers" in there!

Sonny P
11-01-2015, 03:18 AM

Thanks Copperman for providing me with the right directions to turn off the bike's speakers. It's so much better just coming from the helmet headset.