PDA

View Full Version : Fog Lights

SpyDnAZ
10-30-2015, 02:00 AM
Hello, I am wanting to install the OEM fog lights on my 2014 STS but have not seen any DIY's on the install. The only install that I've seen is for an older model Spyder. I know that the lights come with instructions but I would like to do the install myself but don't really want to remove the frunk and my dealer charges $110 per hour. I can save that and buy more stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

motoswami
11-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Hello, I am wanting to install the OEM fog lights on my 2014 STS but have not seen any DIY's on the install. The only install that I've seen is for an older model Spyder. I know that the lights come with instructions but I would like to do the install myself but don't really want to remove the frunk and my dealer charges $110 per hour. I can save that and buy more stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I read somewhere on the forum that replacing the fog lamp bulbs is a bear. The Owners Manual (the one that comes in the frunk) says "see your BRP dealer."

Really??

Anyone have a few pics of what's involved?

I want to do LED headlight and foglight replacements all at once, and would like to know what I'm gettin into in advance.

TIA

Pete

BillCatto
11-05-2015, 03:44 PM
I installed the OEM fog lights on my 2014 STS. It took me about 2.5 hours because I like to make sure I am doing it right. The two bolts behind each light were the hardest part (tough to squeeze your hand there) but basically very easy. It is pre-wired so plug and play. Good luck!

SpyDnAZ
11-06-2015, 05:03 PM
I installed the OEM fog lights on my 2014 STS. It took me about 2.5 hours because I like to make sure I am doing it right. The two bolts behind each light were the hardest part (tough to squeeze your hand there) but basically very easy. It is pre-wired so plug and play. Good luck!

:thumbup: Thanks for responding BillCatto. I think that i'll give it a try. By the way, did you have to remove the frunk to do the install or just a few side panels? Thanks

BillCatto
11-07-2015, 09:07 AM
:thumbup: Thanks for responding BillCatto. I think that i'll give it a try. By the way, did you have to remove the frunk to do the install or just a few side panels? Thanks

Did not remove the frunk. If I remember correctly 3 panels on each side - followed to photo instructions that came with it. Was a fun project - enjoy.

pitzerwm
11-07-2015, 10:21 PM
On my 14 RTS, I had to remove the frunk.

AY4B
12-28-2015, 09:17 PM
I ordered fog lights today from my dealer. I was hoping to find some more info on what to expect. I guess ill find out soon enough. So far everything I have done has been a little harder than I was expecting.

AY4B
12-28-2015, 10:18 PM
I found this video done by a member of this forum. I thought it was great even though it takes you threw his trial and error process that in the end of part 3 you can see to take the light out of the bracket and install the bracket first. Then put the light back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5A0nXu3JNA

SpyDnAZ
01-03-2016, 10:10 PM
I watched this video but it seemed like there were parts missing, that's why I asked about the frunk. I think I might try it but not sure yet. I'm sure once I see the directions things will be much clearer. If you try this install soon, please let me know how it goes. I will do the same. Thanks

AY4B
01-04-2016, 10:01 PM
My fog light kit came today. I just wish I had it when I had more time to do the install during the holidays. Ill let you know how it went.

AY4B
01-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Some of the older videos they took off the frunk. I like the fact that this guy had the same spyder as I do. Same color even. I think ill go read the directions.

AY4B
01-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Looking at directions now. They are mostly all just pictures with arrows and part numbers. very little written explaining what the pictures are. :gaah:
Well I can still watch the video and just DO IT

AY4B
01-04-2016, 10:37 PM
There are separate sets of pictures for the RS and ST. I can sort of understand what they are trying to say, It will become all clear when I have everything all taken apart. I think.:shocked:

AY4B
01-04-2016, 10:49 PM
To answer your question, no you dont have to remove the frunk on your 14 STS.

AY4B
01-06-2016, 08:32 PM
I just got it done. the video i posted above is confusing but it has some good info. one mistake he made is removing the shock bolt on top. That is a no no:lecturef_smilie:.
His way of separating the light from the bracket and installing the bracket first worked well. Only when you re install the light, install the back bolt first. It is hard to get to if you wait till last.

AY4B
01-06-2016, 08:36 PM
All in all, this mod is well worth the time and money. I dont know why BRP did not have the fog lights included standard. Just another way to milk us for more money I guess.

SpyDnAZ
01-08-2016, 12:17 AM
All in all, this mod is well worth the time and money. I dont know why BRP did not have the fog lights included standard. Just another way to milk us for more money I guess.

:2thumbs: Thanks AY4B for all of your help and info. I think I'll pick some up and give it a try.