PDA

View Full Version : Best RT cover?

Rladuke
10-28-2015, 08:05 PM
Looking to get a cover for traveling on an open trailer. Is the BRP cover best, or is there another one that cinches down good for the wind that will stay on?

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-28-2015, 08:16 PM
Looking to get a cover for traveling on an open trailer. Is the BRP cover best, or is there another one that cinches down good for the wind that will stay on?
The best cover for hauling on an open trailer is NO cover. Regardless of what cover you get, and no matter how tight you cinch it down, it will whip somewhere and quite possibly scuff your Spyder's finish.

JayBros
10-28-2015, 08:21 PM
Believe that man!

happyspyder2039
10-28-2015, 08:50 PM
The best cover for hauling on an open trailer is NO cover. Regardless of what cover you get, and no matter how tight you cinch it down, it will whip somewhere and quite possibly scuff your Spyder's finish.:agree:

Rladuke
10-28-2015, 11:26 PM
Thanks to you all....trying to save some money in getting an open trailer as opposed to an enclosed one. Trying to plan a trip next summer from Illinois to Montana to see the "road to the sun" with my wife and not sure we are up to riding the whole way on the Spyder.

Cruzr Joe
10-29-2015, 01:05 AM
The best cover for hauling on an open trailer is NO cover. Regardless of what cover you get, and no matter how tight you cinch it down, it will whip somewhere and quite possibly scuff your Spyder's finish.

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
10-29-2015, 06:58 AM
Thanks to you all....trying to save some money in getting an open trailer as opposed to an enclosed one. Trying to plan a trip next summer from Illinois to Montana to see the "road to the sun" with my wife and not sure we are up to riding the whole way on the Spyder.
Whatever road grime accumulates on the Spyder during transport... would eventually end up on it, if you were riding the bike anyway. The advantage of an enclosed trailer: the extra storage and security that it provides.

den2614
10-29-2015, 07:15 AM
I went from a enclosed trailer to a 6×12 Tandem open trailer. The benefits of an enclosed trailer are many. The negative of an enclosed trailer is the milage you get on the vehicle used to tow the trailer. I went from 10 mpg to 15 mpg with my open trailer. Yes, the Spyder gets dirty. It's a tradeoff. I'm very satisfied with my open trailer.

den2614
10-29-2015, 07:17 AM
Forgot to mention that I drive a 2013 Ford Expedition.

dwainjohnson
10-29-2015, 09:14 AM
If you are buying a open trailer consider one with a dovetail and you can ride your Spyder on and off with no additional ramps. Be sure you get the four feet long tailgate. I purchased a 77" wide x 12' long trailer made by Downtoearth with 2' high sides and am very satisfied.

Deanna777
10-29-2015, 10:32 AM
I have a BRP full cover and I have had it for 3 years. The cover is still in good shape, it has straps to hold the cover on the spyder, when you are transporting or when not in use. The cover fits over the windshield, handlebars, and covers the wheels fine. Deanna

Indyron
10-29-2015, 05:24 PM
I have a BRP full cover and I have had it for 3 years. The cover is still in good shape, it has straps to hold the cover on the spyder, when you are transporting or when not in use. The cover fits over the windshield, handlebars, and covers the wheels fine. Deanna
I agree. I've towed open trailer with and without BRP full cover. If you use the cover be sure your wind shield is all the way down and all straps tight. Never had a problem.

dshogman
10-30-2015, 08:32 AM
Also use the BRP full cover on my trailer. No issues. I add one more lightweight bungee cord right over the top above the seat - takes the wind billowing out of it.