PDA

View Full Version : Tire Blow out

Jdsd1
10-28-2015, 04:44 PM
have any of you experience a tire blow out while going down the freeway? How did the Spyder respond? How did you respond?

kbwitt
10-28-2015, 04:46 PM
**** my pants

Bob Denman
10-28-2015, 05:13 PM
I think that Bruiser had one let go at speed... PM him, and see if I am correct.

redlightron
10-29-2015, 01:14 PM
have any of you experience a tire blow out while going down the freeway? How did the Spyder respond? How did you respond?

I did going down hill at 65 with a side wall blowout. Spyder went on a straight line down the rode and I think I could have let go of the bars. This was a right front tire and I did not get any wobble or any other problem. I just backed off the gas and let coast to the side of the road.

George L.
11-03-2015, 07:16 PM
that is good info , nice to know ...........

MouthPiece
11-04-2015, 08:55 AM
I did going down hill at 65 with a side wall blowout. Spyder went on a straight line down the rode and I think I could have let go of the bars. This was a right front tire and I did not get any wobble or any other problem. I just backed off the gas and let coast to the side of the road.

I asked this very same question several years ago. I was a bit more specific in that I asked about a "front tire" blowout. The response that I got was "read your manual". Thanks for your response. The forum has come a long way.

​Chris

Wildrice
11-04-2015, 09:08 AM
I find it hard to imagine a respectable mfg tire blowout on such a light weight vehicle as a Spyder. All products mfg can have defects, I've seen lots of tire abuse on motorcycles with quality tires at speeds in the 200 mph range & personally I've never seen one blowout. I do have a touch of fear riding next to a semi trailer as blowout on their low end retreads blowout is a common occurance. But a tire with 20-30 psi having a blowout---time to look for better tires.....
Was the blowout tire the original mfg on the Spyder?? Now I'm worried :-(
My Kendra tires are stamped with a small print warning "serious tire failure can result from under inflation" . Tire is stamped with a 15psi to 30 psi allowable range.