PDA

View Full Version : To be a RT New Rider

Fos
10-27-2015, 10:24 AM
I already read the Do's and Don't. Would like to get some #1 advise from you guys.

Thanks guys[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Chupaca
10-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Go for it..whatever it is cause if you don't you'll never know...:thumbup:

Grandpot
10-27-2015, 10:56 AM
What's on your mind? :dontknow:

Bob Denman
10-27-2015, 10:59 AM
:agree:
Keep a light touch on the bars, and ride your own ride!! :yes::ohyea::yes: :2thumbs:

JayBros
10-27-2015, 11:14 AM
Read the safe operating instructions portion of your operator's guide. Then go practice. Between practice sessions, read the rest of the operator's guide three times.

den2614
10-27-2015, 03:32 PM
If you were a two wheel rider like I was it will take you a little time to acclimate to the Spyder. What helped me the most in wrapping my head around shifting my weight on turns or curves instead of leaning is to push down on the floorboard of the foot opposite the curve or turn. Once my mind got used to reacting with my foot on the floorboard, shifting my weight became natural. After learning how to shift my weight, practicing making figure eight turns helped me master the ride. Good luck

Blade
10-27-2015, 03:53 PM
If you read the Do's and Don't there is not a lot of anything else to learn. The only thing left for you to do is ride the Spyder and drive defensively. Watch out for the cars because they may not necessarily looking out for you. I do talk to my Spyder while riding tell her how much you love the way she handles. Then when the ride is over I wipe her down. He-he

Blade

PrairieSpyder
10-27-2015, 05:22 PM
Don't overcontrol
BUY THE DAMN SPYDER!

jerpinoy
10-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Just have fun with safety in mind.

Fos
10-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Ausome guys thx

Trekster
10-28-2015, 10:09 AM
If you were a two wheel rider like I was it will take you a little time to acclimate to the Spyder. What helped me the most in wrapping my head around shifting my weight on turns or curves instead of leaning is to push down on the floorboard of the foot opposite the curve or turn. Once my mind got used to reacting with my foot on the floorboard, shifting my weight became natural. After learning how to shift my weight, practicing making figure eight turns helped me master the ride. Good luck

:2thumbs: Yup, I agree with this poster. I also came from 2-wheels, and we have to first "unlearn" some things, and then "learn" some new stuff. At first, concentrate on short little rides around town where there is not a lot of traffic. Find yourself an empty parking lot and do a lot of the exercises out of the manual. Pushing down on the board/peg opposite the curve will help a lot. At first you will have to think about doing it... then later it will become habit. Don't forget to practice stopping, going to Reverse and backing at 90 deg. from where you stopped.

At first keep your practice sessions short, and maybe 2 or 3 per day. Don't be surprised when you grab for a clutch lever or a front brake lever... eventually, you'll quit doing that. Above all, have fun and keep a light grip on the bars.

Fos
10-29-2015, 11:02 AM
Very helpful thanks

Deanna777
10-29-2015, 11:45 AM
If you were a two wheel rider like I was it will take you a little time to acclimate to the Spyder. What helped me the most in wrapping my head around shifting my weight on turns or curves instead of leaning is to push down on the floorboard of the foot opposite the curve or turn. Once my mind got used to reacting with my foot on the floorboard, shifting my weight became natural. After learning how to shift my weight, practicing making figure eight turns helped me master the ride. Good luck:agree: Deanna

Deanna777
10-29-2015, 11:47 AM
Don't overcontrol
BUY THE DAMN SPYDER!

:agree: Deanna

Bdomini
10-29-2015, 06:37 PM
I've had my 2015 RT SM6 for a week. I've put about 150 miles on it and I love it! I've been riding 2-wheelers since 1966. My first bike was a Honda Super 90. My last 2-wheeler(which I still own) is a Yamaha FJR1300. An obvious transition was no right hand brake. I still find myself grabbing for it. The steering change was a non-issue as I have owned four wheelers and steering is somewhat similar. Driving on the twisties requires a bit more attention. I am used to having the center of my bike close to the inside of the turns. Having the front wheels outboard of the Spyder's centerline requires some getting used to. All the minor differences aside, the Spyder provides a comfortable ride, has enough power to get out its own way and it looks cool as hell. Plus the Mrs. Likes it too.

Synthetic
10-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Use your mirrors......a lot