PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing

HoopsMD
10-25-2015, 08:19 AM
Okay, sad time. Need to prepare Spyder for winter. Am I correct that all I need to do is put a bottle of gas stabilizer in tank, fill it up and plug into tender? As much as I hate to tuck her away, it would be worse to do something wrong and not have running in the spring.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

jaherbst
10-25-2015, 08:43 AM
Might want to change the oil to get all the ash and acid out. The heat has subsided here in AZ and we are going into our best riding time.

Jack

Chupaca
10-25-2015, 09:56 AM
Skip winter..!! :roflblack: :agree: and you have the rest all set. Depending on the storage area, extra air in the tires and on ply or carpet pads...:banghead:

slick999
10-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Yes its getting close to hibernation time here in SE Pa,I always use star tron additive in the tank for winter,it neutralizes ethenol and stabilizes the gas.Regular stabilizer won't neutralize ethenol which will cause problems when it sits.I also put the battery on a tender.Hate to see the cold weather come.

GOZFST
10-25-2015, 12:03 PM
What Jack said, plus if it's available in your area fill it with non-oxygenated gas. You can check for locations here.
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NY

Deanna777
10-25-2015, 07:13 PM
Two weeks ago, I put my spyder in to hibernation, I would like to skip winter this year :roflblack::roflblack:........ I took it to the can-am dealership, they put it on a tender, changed oil/ filter, checked battery, etc. covered it. It is in for it's loooooooog winter's nap.

Don't forget to check battery. Deanna

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Am I correct that all I need to do is put a bottle of gas stabilizer in tank, fill it up and plug into tender?
Check the instructions on the bottle. I don't think you'll want to use an entire bottle, just a couple ounces or so. The gas tank is about 6 gallons max.

ARtraveler
10-25-2015, 08:43 PM
The Basic info: Take the bike for a 50 or so mile ride to charge the battery well.

Fill tank with gas. Add Stabil (or other stabilizer) per the directions on the bottle. Usually an oz. for every 2 - 2.5 gallons in the tank.

Hook up to Battery Tender.

I had my last oil change 1,500 miles ago. It will sit over the winter sleep that way.