PDA

View Full Version : Best time to purchase a spyder

BrooklynKnight
10-20-2015, 11:59 PM
I'm looking to purchase a can am (can't wait) and I wanted to know when is the best time of the year to get deals or when are the best prices deals or discounts available.

trikermutha
10-21-2015, 12:16 AM
Now on the 2015s that is left in stock..

griffontamer
10-21-2015, 12:49 AM
I agree, now is a great time to get a 2015 if you can find one. Huge discounts.

Highwayman2013
10-21-2015, 01:25 AM
http://www.centralfloridapowersports.com/custompage2.asp?pg=spyder

Bob Denman
10-21-2015, 06:59 AM
The best time to buy a Spyder; when you've got your helmet and riding jacket on... and a blank space in your garage! :shocked:
It's not about the deal; find yourself the dealer that can give you the best possible service after the sale. :thumbup:

Saluda
10-21-2015, 09:35 AM
Now on the 2015s that is left in stock..

Agree with that.

ttrac
10-21-2015, 09:42 AM
It's all about the dealer, Find yourself a great dealer where service after the sale is just as if not more important than the sale. :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
10-21-2015, 09:46 AM
The best time to buy a Spyder; when you've got your helmet and riding jacket on... and a blank space in your garage! :shocked:
It's not about the deal; find yourself the dealer that can give you the best possible service after the sale. :thumbup:

:agree:

HIspyder
10-21-2015, 10:02 AM
It's all about the dealer, Find yourself a great dealer where service after the sale is just as if not more important than the sale. :thumbup:

The lowest price isn't always the best price. After sales service is key. I learned that the hard way.

Find a dealer who will really take care of you and you'll be happy. Even if you have to pay a little more.

Darren111
10-21-2015, 10:11 AM
I'm looking to purchase a can am (can't wait) and I wanted to know when is the best time of the year to get deals or when are the best prices deals or discounts available.

As a newbie it was all about doing my homework about a product I know nothing about. It was about talking to Spyder owners who have bought the product. So right now you are in a good place by joining Spyderlovers website like I did back in May 2015. Deal I got was £17500 for brand new 2015 F3-S normally £18399.00 that deal was in the UK also because I have purchased F3 from 158 Performance I will get half price servicing from them. Has Bob said find yourself the dealer that can give you the best possible service after the sale. In my case I get half price servicing from the dealer I bought it from.
I don't really give advice on this site because I am a newbie myself, but I feel I am allowed to mention my experience of buying a F3 because I have finally done it and just await delivery in a few weeks.
Best of luck with your buying experience because I have had a lucky experience in buying my first Spyder.:thumbup:

trikermutha
10-21-2015, 10:21 AM
I seen some pretty good deals in the WTB section of this site..:thumbup:

DJFaninTN
10-21-2015, 10:26 AM
when you can afford to ... just sayin

ARtraveler
10-21-2015, 02:07 PM
Service on the :spyder2: should be somewhat of a consideration. Many of us are not mechanical.

If you can find a good dealer and a good close out price--that's double good.

Also lots of good used ones in the WTB section currently. My offering is the best one though. :roflblack:

NorCalBud
10-21-2015, 05:58 PM

I believe that it's relative to the OP's question, but I apologize if slightly off topic.
It's been established that "Service after the sale" is extremely (if not most) important.... How does one acquire this information prior to purchase? What questions should be asked of the dealer to ascertain if they should be avoided or selected as their Dealer of choice?

Deanna777
10-21-2015, 06:40 PM
It's all about the dealer, Find yourself a great dealer where service after the sale is just as if not more important than the sale. :thumbup: :agree: Deanna

TommyBwell
10-21-2015, 06:53 PM
The best time is yesterday. It's too much fun to put off so you can save a couple of bucks. Get that thing asap and get to riding.

Darren111
10-22-2015, 10:59 AM
I believe that it's relative to the OP's question, but I apologize if slightly off topic.
It's been established that "Service after the sale" is extremely (if not most) important.... How does one acquire this information prior to purchase? What questions should be asked of the dealer to ascertain if they should be avoided or selected as their Dealer of choice?

Hi there, I shall answer your first question and that is recommendation of the dealer from others. Geoff (OJ UK) had recommended me dealer I bought my F3-S from and his recommendation I believe is his past experiences with dealer.
And my answer to your second question is - What are the reviews from past customers of the dealer like?. Before I have bought a car in the past from a dealer, I will google any reviews about a dealer from their past customers.
The answers I have given to your questions will work for some people and not all. :thumbup:

Bfromla
10-22-2015, 01:04 PM

Much like buying new car the new models will roll out & dealer has to make space. Some good deals found with demo units. But service is a must & some one you can trust. Worth the 1hr out of town if you have to. IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert Spyder
10-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Most dealers will have reviews on Yelp or Google. This obviously will not be very accurate unless you have multi unhappy customers and few praises. Even this website has its share of whiners vs. praisers. Also, make sure you get an extended warranty. Good luck.

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Most dealers will have reviews on Yelp or Google. This obviously will not be very accurate unless you have multi unhappy customers and few praises. Even this website has its share of whiners vs. praisers. Also, make sure you get an extended warranty. Good luck.
See this article by computer guru Bob Rankin. http://askbobrankin.com/can_you_spot_a_fake_product_review.html?awt_l=OcfA N&awt_m=JQcsEvzMWuP6SL

Google is working to quash fake reviews but apparently not so with Yelp. Sounds like Yelp is severely contaminated with fake reviews so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in them.

Darren111
10-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Is it a good idea to get extended warranty before delivery of spyder or can I get that just before 2 year warrant runs out?:dontknow:

MRH
10-23-2015, 11:14 AM
In terms of cost, BRP does rebates on older models that need to be replaced. That can vary depending on popularity, and they are on the site. Off season purchases are also usually better deals, and now that the season has ended in so many areas we are entering a great time to buy in many instances. In the car trade, I know that the end of the month is usually best, as it allows them to order more cars, but I don't know if that applies here, or if they want more Spyders in December.

I'd start looking now, and consider the reputation of the dealer as well as others have suggested. Not being in a hurry is a financial advantage, but don't let the 2015's get sold out unless you need a 2016 (no significant differences on most of the models).

The right used Spyder is often a very good value, but I've seen some last-of-their-kind new Spyders selling below lightly if you get lucky enough to find the right one. Limiteds, in particular, seem to be subject to large discounts as the new models come out.

ARtraveler
10-23-2015, 01:16 PM
RE: Reviews--these days it is very hard to get an honest review. As mentioned, there are many phony reviews out there and people are now being paid to write good ones. Then there is the family and friends stuff to get a business off to a good start.

We do get information good and bad concerning various :ani29: dealers and service departments, here on SL. We have also run into a few posts where the person had an ax to grind because they did not get their way, or were not completely happy.

I am now very skeptical of first posts where the person tries to give dealer x or y a "new one." One bad situation does not accurately describe a dealer. Many bad, or many good--worth considering. :thumbup: