PDA

View Full Version : Wish I had known sooner...

Cognac
10-20-2015, 08:28 AM
Wish I had known sooner…

When I got my Spyder ST-L in June, I knew I had a learning curve ahead of me. Months later I was better but disappointed to still be struggling with holding the bike in a curve. I also found myself wondering if I should have gotten an RT. I thought perhaps the RT suspension would do a better job of handling the lumpy, bumpy country back roads we have up here in dairy farm country. On my ST, I felt like was wrestling a bull to get the bike to stay in my lane. Thought that’s just the way a Spyder handled. Thought I needed more practise. Didn’t know any better.

After much reading on SpyderLovers I bought a Baharon Swaybar and went to Ron’s Performance in Johnson Creek, WI (great people BTW) to have the bar installed and had them do the laser alignment while I was there.

What a difference! Now I corner like I know what I’m doing. I take curves much faster and the lumping roads don’t toss the bike around any more. Was the wind still gusty? I don’t know. Didn’t feel a thing.

Loved the bike before. Love it more now!

eagleeye299
10-20-2015, 11:28 AM
Those are the two best handling improvements that one can do to a Spyder. Glad you are now able to enjoy the curves.

cptjam
10-20-2015, 11:29 AM
Night and day! The Ronbar and a laser alignment are the best mods for improving the handling. What a difference it makes!😃

Chupaca
10-20-2015, 11:41 AM
there are many of us who came to this adjustment late. The good thing is you found it and you are in control and enjoying your ryde even more...:2thumbs::ohyea:

ARtraveler
10-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Glad to hear you got the handling issues solved. I know those dairy farm roads well. :yes:

ingramwc
10-20-2015, 02:37 PM
Yes, that makes for an amazing transformation!!! I'm glad you are enjoying your Spyder more now! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: