PDA

View Full Version : GPS cover boot

Houska
10-18-2015, 06:38 PM
I am buying a used 2011 RT limited. I haven't picked it up yet. The dealer showed me how to hook up the gps. I don't remember him taking off the boot cover. I have looked everywhere online incase I need to buy one. No luck. Anyone have any ideas where I can just buy the boot, if I need to. Thanks

Bfromla
10-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Check the travel case... If dealer showed you they may have been nice & put it inside. Fyi it aint much to look @http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118202&stc=1. If nothing else carry a rubber glove around, or good size baggie & rubberband.(redneck fix) You should only need if you dont have the gps mounted.

samewok
10-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Is it the white rt with the Eagle decals?
if it is I gave them the cover and the pouch .
Also I am sending them the spare key.

Houska
10-18-2015, 08:45 PM
Hi Samewok. Did you happen to trade to Pitbull a couple of days ago? If so, it's awesome you found me. I'm in the process of buying you old bike. He showed me how to hook the gps up. Couldn't remember him taking the cover off, so assumed there wasn't one. The RT limited didn't have a decal on the front. They told me a guy in Arkansas traded it in

samewok
10-18-2015, 08:48 PM
Did have a lot of extra lights?

Houska
10-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Yes, lots of lighting. Soft handle grips, wood grain console, sticker on back trunk, 31,000 miles I think. Think he said the person decided to keep the luggage.

samewok
10-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Yes it was mine .It has a new seat because I bought a 2015 limited and had my ultima seat moved over.

Houska
10-18-2015, 09:02 PM
Wow, that is awesome you found me. You took very good care of it. I have waited 8 years to buy one. I'll take great care of it.

samewok
10-18-2015, 09:07 PM
When they gave me my new bike I gave the service guy the cover and the front rolling
luggage. So I hope they give them to you.

ravseren
10-18-2015, 09:11 PM
I have one I just bought. It cost me $17.95. I could mail it in a padded envelope if you are interested in it.
Give me a call if you want kit.
Seth

Houska
10-18-2015, 09:15 PM
I will ask them. The salesman may not have known. Were there any for the back & sides? I don't know what they have when you buy it new. Also i've been reading that a anti sway bar is good. I'm thinking you have them on it. Also for insurance, does it have a alarm. I promise I won't bug you with questions. ;)

samewok
10-18-2015, 09:20 PM
It does not have an alarm. It has the sway bar and links.
Of my accessaries the only thing you didn't get was the vented windshield.

Houska
10-18-2015, 09:22 PM
Ok. Thanks for your help. I hope to pick it up Wednesday

Houska
10-18-2015, 09:41 PM
I have one I just bought. It cost me $17.95. I could mail it in a padded envelope if you are interested in it.
Give me a call if you want kit.

Seth
Thanks Seth. The man who traded it in said he left it with the dealer. Thanks anyway

Cruzr Joe
10-18-2015, 10:11 PM
Houska

we made Sam trade it in because it had too many lights on it. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

You will have fun with that bike, it has lots of farkles.

Cruzr Joe

Houska
10-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Houska

we made Sam trade it in because it had too many lights on it. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

You will have fun with that bike, it has lots of farkles.

Cruzr Joe
Thats funny. I'm looking forward to having a blast on it. Hope I don't get mistaken for a airport landing strip at night:yikes:

Cruzr Joe
10-18-2015, 10:19 PM
Thats funny. I'm looking forward to having a blast on it. Hope I don't get mistaken for a airport landing strip at night:yikes:

or a Christmas tree on wheels

(another little tid bit....................... that is the fastest 998 that rode with us)

Cruzr Joe

Houska
10-18-2015, 11:05 PM
or a Christmas tree on wheels

(another little tid bit....................... that is the fastest 998 that rode with us)

Cruzr Joe
It may take me awhile to go fast, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it

Bfromla
10-18-2015, 11:47 PM
Nice to see that small world find. Guess pitbull may have removed the eagle decal to make better sale. Guessing is one pictured in your avatar samewok? So question still remains did you get or find the gps boot?

OJ UK
10-19-2015, 07:30 AM
Hey Houska.....Congrats on the RT! Samewok is one of the regulars round here and you
can be sure that your new Ryde has been well cared for!

Houska
10-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Nice to see that small world find. Guess pitbull may have removed the eagle decal to make better sale. Guessing is one pictured in your avatar samewok? So question still remains did you get or find the gps boot?
I don't have the bike yet, but samewok said it's in the trunk. They probably just had it off

Houska
10-19-2015, 07:53 AM
Hey Houska.....Congrats on the RT! Samewok is one of the regulars round here and you
can be sure that your new Ryde has been well cared for!
Thanks. I'm real excited. He took great care of it, & so will I.

billybovine
10-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Just a comment about the rubber cap. It should be considered decorative only and should only be installed after the Garmin weather cap. The rubber boot from Can Am offers little to no water protection. The mount is only watertight when the Garmin weather cap is installed or when the gps is installed.

Houska
10-19-2015, 10:34 AM
Just a comment about the rubber cap. It should be considered decorative only and should only be installed after the Garmin weather cap. The rubber boot from Can Am offers little to no water protection. The mount is only watertight when the Garmin weather cap is installed or when the gps is installed.
Thanks for the info. Not sure how everything works yet. I've chatted with the previous owner & he said everything is in the bag. I don't have the bike yet. I just noticed there wasn't anything over the connectors. I may have missed the salesman taking it off

billybovine
10-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the info. Not sure how everything works yet. I've chatted with the previous owner & he said everything is in the bag. I don't have the bike yet. I just noticed there wasn't anything over the connectors. I may have missed the salesman taking it off

This is the Garmin weather cap.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118219&stc=1

This is what seals out the water and protects the pins. If you put the rubber boot on without it. Water can still get in and the pins can still be damaged.

I never use the rubber boot. Not even sure where mine is. I may have filed it in the big round filing cabinet. ;)

samewok
10-20-2015, 06:35 PM
For 4 years I only used the rubber cover.
I told the finance guy today that the service guy had the cover and front luggage.
also the remote for ground effect lights they were also given to them.

NorCalBud
10-21-2015, 06:41 PM
This is the Garmin weather cap.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118219&stc=1

This is what seals out the water and protects the pins. If you put the rubber boot on without it. Water can still get in and the pins can still be damaged.

Did this "Weather Cap" come with all years of RT? I have NEVER seen that cap before...I have the rubber one, but not that one....

pegasus1300
10-21-2015, 07:39 PM
I have never seen that cap either all I have is the rubber boot and I had to buy that. Mine is a 2012 RT L. Do any of you know the part number for this piece?

Tulefog
10-22-2015, 12:22 AM
The hard plastic weather cap was with the auto conversion mount that was in the Garmin box with my new 2013 RT. The dealer had put the rubber cover on the cycle when I bought it without the weather cap. It fits securely just like the Garmin itself.

auldy
10-22-2015, 04:28 AM
Thanks for the information guys, I have just purchased a 2014 RT Limited in Australia.
The bike was delivered with the rubber boot cover, so I have just gone through the Garmin box and located the waterproof cover.

I assumed ( for want of a better word) that pin system was in some way water proof or resistant. This assumption has come from seeing the majority of the Limited photos with only the rubber cover fitted.

Both covers now in place and many thanks for this information
Cheers
:cheers:
Auldy

billybovine
10-22-2015, 08:30 AM
Did this "Weather Cap" come with all years of RT? I have NEVER seen that cap before...I have the rubber one, but not that one....

Yes it comes with your RT. It came with my ST plus the Rubber cap.

billybovine
10-22-2015, 08:33 AM
I have never seen that cap either all I have is the rubber boot and I had to buy that. Mine is a 2012 RT L. Do any of you know the part number for this piece?

It's $5.95 plus shipping from http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-zumo-660-motorcycle-cradle-weather-cap.html

Highwayman2013
10-22-2015, 09:04 AM
If you have the Garmin cap, I don't think you need the rubber thing. I don't use it.

oldguyinTX
10-22-2015, 09:42 AM
Never knew that there was a hard cap for the Garmin mount. Just went out to my garage, opened the box that the Garmin came in, and lo and behold, there it was. Thanks, Billy!:thumbup:

ottawa-rider
10-22-2015, 10:11 AM
Never knew that there was a hard cap for the Garmin mount. Just went out to my garage, opened the box that the Garmin came in, and lo and behold, there it was. Thanks, Billy!:thumbup:

Same here, I just put in on, just for the hell of it, probably will not bother on the long run.

missouriboy
10-23-2015, 04:24 PM
If you have the Garmin cap, I don't think you need the rubber thing. I don't use it.Well, the "Garmin" cap would signal a potential thief there's a GPS around somewhere, while the rubber thingy gives no clue. So I'm using both right now. :sour:

Like others, I didn't know about the water-seal cap until I read this thread, and found it in the box. Thanks for that! Spyderlovers is a great resource.

pegasus1300
10-24-2015, 12:20 AM
It's $5.95 plus shipping from http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-zumo-660-motorcycle-cradle-weather-cap.html

Thanks Billy. I just ordered one.

teeterdd
04-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Hello Spyder Lovers. I'm a new Spyder Rider with a Pearl 2013 RT Limited and oddly enough I've either misplaced or lost the rubber boot that goes over my GPS and needless to say I've looked everywhere. All I did was took it off, inserted the GPS and the next thing I know it was gone. Hahahahhaa. Anyone have any resources or connections on where I can get another one. Super Sigh... It's an eyesore without the cover or GPS in place. Please help Spyder Lovers...:pray:http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118202&stc=1

Bob Denman
04-14-2017, 11:57 AM
:welcome:
Did you look in the box, that came along with it? :dontknow:
(I once lost mine in there for a while. :opps:)