PDA

View Full Version : Please Help - STS Glove Box

iSpyderVA
10-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Ok I've had my new 2014 STS for a little over a week and I love it - replaced a Harley Fat Boy. But there are some significant design flaws, or should I say shortcomings, that I would like to address aftermarket. The first is a glove box. Why would BRP not put one in. The plastic is there and when you remove it there is a deep empty space. Does anyone know of an aftermarket solution to replace the plastic piece covering where the glovebox is on other models to put on the RT? Could I just buy an RTreplacement and install it?

loisk
10-18-2015, 04:59 PM
I have a 13 ST Limited - no glove box. Are you talking about the space under the black centre piece (ie where a 'tank bag' would go?). If so I can see your thinking. Not a lot of space in there, but maybe enough to be useful. So we could cut the black piece to make a hinged, lockable lid, but would then need to make up a little 'box' for underneath to stop everything sliding away. And somehow make it rainproof too. Hmm. Keep me posted if you come up with something, please. If you're thinking of somewhere else, I'd like to hear about that too...

Maybe you are looking at the space where my speakers are on the ST-L ? If so, then yeah why not use the spaces? Good idea.

Cruzr Joe
10-18-2015, 04:59 PM
For ST owners .................... they send your glove box in the mail after you have owned the bike for 60 days.

Anonymous

900Dave
10-18-2015, 05:00 PM
I have not seen an aftermarket glove box for the St. If you find something please share. The ST Limited does not have a glove box.

Chupaca
10-18-2015, 05:04 PM
Guess it would be a custom type project. I know on the 2012 and prior there is no room cause the backbone is there. In 2013 they made a frame change but have not looked at the new design. Maybe when they put the triple in they will add the glovebox too...:roflblack:

iSpyderVA
10-18-2015, 05:05 PM
Cruzer Joe. Haha. I will be waiting for that glove box in the mail.

loisk, we are taking about the same spot. I will keep looking. Looks like I will have to settle for a tank bag. There is not a lot of space but enough for a phone and a wallet.

Cruzr Joe
10-18-2015, 05:07 PM
Cruzer Joe. Haha. I will be waiting for that glove box in the mail.

loisk, we are taking about the same spot. I will keep looking. Looks like I will have to settle for a tank bag. There is not a lot of space but enough for a phone and a wallet.

HUH??? Cruzr Joe?????? That was "Anonymous", Cruzr Joe's wicked alter ego. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

and No "E" in cruzr

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
10-18-2015, 05:30 PM
I thought that there had been some attempts to modify the "Tank" cover, and put a glovebox in there... :dontknow:

FieldTester
10-18-2015, 07:42 PM
It would be a so nice to have one. I am sure there is enough market potential out there for an aftermarket design. I certainly would pay based on a limited production lot for one or two.

JCWeatherman
10-19-2015, 06:09 PM
It would be a so nice to have one. I am sure there is enough market potential out there for an aftermarket design. I certainly would pay based on a limited production lot for one or two.

So long as the price is reasonable, I'm in. It seems like I always storing too much little stuff in the frunk. It sure would be nice to have a small storage space in the dash.

spacetiger
10-19-2015, 08:32 PM
For my STSL I got a zippered case (Hopnel Black Windshield Dash Pouch - H41-153BK) that mounts with velcro on the dash top. I keep my cheap sunglasses there but there is enough room for a wallet too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hopnel-Black-Windshield-Dash-Pouch-H41-153BK-/181828087706?hash=item2a55cc6f9a:g:FKwAAOSwMmBVxqb V&vxp=mtr

Jerry

JCWeatherman
10-23-2015, 09:01 AM
For my STSL I got a zippered case (Hopnel Black Windshield Dash Pouch - H41-153BK) that mounts with velcro on the dash top. I keep my cheap sunglasses there but there is enough room for a wallet too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hopnel-Black-Windshield-Dash-Pouch-H41-153BK-/181828087706?hash=item2a55cc6f9a:g:FKwAAOSwMmBVxqb V&vxp=mtr

Jerry

It looks like a good option.

Does anyone know if the Hopnel H41-154BK Dash Tri-Pouch would work on the ST-Limited?