PDA

View Full Version : BRP jacket size question

ES44AC
10-17-2015, 08:06 PM
Do the BRP Can Am mens jackets run large or small or just right ?

Example ; My job used to buy Carhartt jackets and I wear XL ,but now they buy Bernie and a XL is way too big..

SpyderAnn01
10-17-2015, 08:19 PM
They used to run really small but a few years back BRP realized that their buyers weren't skinny little folks and they changed to more American sizing. Don't they have a sizing chart with measurements?

Mazo EMS2
10-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Can you go to your local dealer and try some models/styles on? That's what I do. Then if I can't it it for a decent price, I go home and order online.

TommyBwell
10-17-2015, 10:05 PM
I have a Carhartt coat and a couple of vests and two BRP jackets and I would say they run very similar.

ES44AC
10-18-2015, 07:04 AM
Thanks to all.:thumbup:

Bensonoid
10-18-2015, 10:40 AM
My XL BRP jacket fits the same as my XL Carhartts.

WEB-WVR
10-18-2015, 11:11 AM
They used to run really small but a few years back BRP realized that their buyers weren't skinny little folks and they changed to more American sizing. Don't they have a sizing chart with measurements?

Not all but I think many of us are older and some retired....often that makes us larger too. I emailed BRP 4-5 months ago and reminded them of such and suggested they atleast get part of their clothing line and jackets into the $X and 5X category.

They have some nice looking products but most of it ends at 2X. I think they are missing out on a lot of sales. On the market, few vendors have motorcycle gear for larger riders. :doorag:

HIspyder
10-18-2015, 01:26 PM
At 6'4" and 175lbs, the only jackets BRP makes that fit me are the Medium Tall (MT) I just wish they offered all styles with the tall sizes as I'd like to buy one of their leather jackets. The sleeve length of the Large is ok but the body is too big for me.