PDA

View Full Version : new owner 2015 rts se6

iceworm
10-16-2015, 08:44 PM
We joined the club. With the two of us on the Yamaha it just got too heavy for me. I was getting wobbly at the stoplights. Last year I asked soulmate trophy-wife if she wanted to keep riding? Yeah! Then start looking for one with three wheels. No Harley trikes. Look at the Can-Ams. Technology has definitely gone upward in the last 100 years.

Last month the Yamaha done got replaced. Soulmate picked out the spyder. Good story - another time

So far we have about 500 miles with me driving on three wheels. Everything I though I knew pretty well went in the toilet. No countersteer, doesn't lean, throws you to the outside of the turn, have to hangon with your legs cause if you are hanging on with your arms and your body wobbles, so does the steering, no front brake, no clutch, electronic nanny and gobs of buttons. None of that is bad - just different.

Took a couple a hundred miles but I finally got over grabbing for the clutch and front brake.

Bride really likes it. No more rigid nervousness at the stops.

We are really enjoying the forum. You have me looking at a BajhaRon bar, taller windshield, driver seatback and maybe set the handlebars back a couple of inches - none right away. I want to get some more time on me first.

Really appreciate the forum. Glad you guys and girls are here.

Carl and Annette

SpyderAnn01
10-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Welcome to both you and your wife. Enjoy your new ride.

Pampurrs
10-16-2015, 08:49 PM
:congrats::welcome:

Pics?

Pam

soaring hawk
10-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Welcome to the party:doorag:

JayBros
10-16-2015, 09:28 PM
Congrats & Welcome! Remember to lean into the turns and plant that outside foot down hard. Your steering should NOT wobble. Have you had laser aligned? If not, that should be your first priority IMO. Then give serious thought to the Ron bar, especially since you ride two up. Good luck, have fun!

Chupaca
10-16-2015, 09:41 PM
to both the spyder world and this strangely addictive site...:roflblack: congrats on the fine new ryde..!! :2thumbs: your both going to have a great time and enjoy miles of smiles :ohyea::ohyea:

fireplug98
10-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Congrats & Welcome !!! :cheers:

Tommy J.

GloryRyders
10-17-2015, 06:10 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:........ryde safe!:yes:

PrairieSpyder
10-17-2015, 06:51 AM
:congrats: & :welcome:

murphybrown
10-17-2015, 08:58 AM
Looking forward to more awesome posts and pictures. You are in the right place for all things Spyder...:thumbup:

Deanna777
10-17-2015, 12:33 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: Glad you found this # 1 site, we are here to help.

Add to the list for farkles: Decals, RT Sceptor Kit reflective, ( from WRAPMYSPYDER.COM on the homepage of this site)Spyder Pockets( fits into side saddlebags gives you/and wife more to store things these are handy) get a laser alignment, full cover and 1/2 cover,( if needed) when the spyder needs new tires etc.

Happy miles, and smiles!

Deanna

ARtraveler
10-17-2015, 02:57 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new RT. You got one of my favorite colors. :yes:

Lew L
10-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the tribe. +1 on the anti-sway bar and the "hard step on the O/S foot when turning ". The red and black look good ( like Pam's :spyder2: and others) Also my high school colors.

Kaos

Bob Denman
10-17-2015, 04:24 PM
Now; the fun can REALLY get started!! :yes::yes::yes:
Here's to lots of miles & smiles for you! :cheers: :thumbup:

TommyBwell
10-17-2015, 10:31 PM
Congratulations and welcome. You've got a couple of beauties.

CanAmIamDavid
10-18-2015, 03:57 AM
Deanna,

I have 7k on mine now and it runs
Like a top!!

No maintenance issues.

Have you taken yours
Out for a journey yet?

David

:welcome: and :congrats: Glad you found this # 1 site, we are here to help.

Add to the list for farkles: Decals, RT Sceptor Kit reflective, ( from WRAPMYSPYDER.COM on the homepage of this site)Spyder Pockets( fits into side saddlebags gives you/and wife more to store things these are handy) get a laser alignment, full cover and 1/2 cover,( if needed) when the spyder needs new tires etc.

Happy miles, and smiles!

Deanna

Ex Winger
10-18-2015, 05:29 AM
Congrats on your new toy.Gotta love that colour:2thumbs:

vided
10-18-2015, 06:16 AM
congrats:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::thumb up::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::t humbup:
enjoy and be safe :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

wow, what a striking color:firstplace::firstplace::firstplace::firstpla ce::firstplace::firstplace:

PW2013STL
10-18-2015, 06:17 AM
:welcome: And :congrats: On your choice!
The same path for me and my bride. The Harley just got too heavy at stops so we started looking at the Spyder.
Your doing it right. First you picked up the best color combo I have ever seen on a Spyder and you are putting on some miles to get use to it before adding anything. That way you will know what you really want and will know the difference when added.

I chose safety first ( third rear break light,horn, directional LED lights). Then comfort ( seat, back rest, handle bars, windscreen). Then handling ( Ron bar, laser alignment). Then the rest.

:cheers: To many many miles of smiles for you and your lovely bride.

TEWKS
10-18-2015, 07:27 AM
Very nice! :thumbup:

Pat

iceworm
10-18-2015, 07:54 AM
Congrats & Welcome! Remember to lean into the turns and plant that outside foot down hard. Your steering should NOT wobble. Have you had laser aligned? If not, that should be your first priority IMO. Then give serious thought to the Ron bar, especially since you ride two up. Good luck, have fun!
First: Thank you all for the welcomes
Working on muscle memory for leaning into the turns and body position/mechanics. I'm thinking the steering wobble is from me. We get buffeted, I'm tensing up on the handlebars and that is what is making the steering wobble. My first inclination is it is closer to a snow machine than two wheels. (Yeah, I've got a lot of time on snow machines)

Haven't found anyone within 500 miles that does laser alignments yet - Google search only. Yes that is high on the list. And the Ron bar is likely next

iceworm
10-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Congratulations and welcome. You've got a couple of beauties.
Yes. I never, ever forget just how blessed I am

iceworm
10-18-2015, 08:46 AM
Congrats on your new toy.Gotta love that colour:2thumbs:
Yes, although the color and the se6 over an sm6 were pretty much accidental. That's what the dealer had available in an RTS. Turned out to be both good choices

Bride really likes the color. Being as I'm about half color blind, that would be the most important part.

As for the se6, my first thought was, Eeww - an automatic on a scooter - yuck. Then it changed to, Okay, hydraulic actuated clutch and an electric actuated shift (assuming I translated correctly). I can deal with that. I was having trouble with getting my toe under the shift lever on a 2010 sm5 we drove (about 300 miles), and I like the paddle shifter and floorboards. I'm liking it.

Cruzr Joe
10-18-2015, 04:06 PM
Welcome to the ZOO

Cruzr Joe

Deanna777
10-18-2015, 06:43 PM
Deanna,

I have 7k on mine now and it runs
Like a top!!

No maintenance issues.

Have you taken yours
Out for a journey yet?

David David, I bought mine last year in July, and I have 10,300 miles on it. I have been to riding in New Hampshire, went to Lake George, New York ( for Spyderquest) this past September, went riding in the Islands on Route 2 and over the Smugglers Notch Route 108 This route has some nice twisties.

Also, on Thursday I put the spyder in to hibernation ( due to insurance purposes, and winter is on its way, but in the spring I will be taking the spyder out of hibernation WOHOO can not wait. I have put on a new rear tire( General Altimax RT 43) Deanna

Buggy
10-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Welcome...ride safe! And always Take The Long Way Home. :thumbup:

iceworm
10-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Good ride today. 250 miles. Little bit on the interstate. Mostly back roads. On the tight corners I paid attention to planting my outside foot and leaning in. Worked well. Lots less jerky steering. I got an execllent indicator on the ride. After we got back, having a beer, relaxing, bride asked, When can we go again? Yeah!

We're clear up to 475 miles! Wow

You guys and girls got to be snickering. Listening to a couple of enthusiastic newbies. You have all been through this way back.

Liking it even more than yesterday:cheers:

Cruzr Joe
10-18-2015, 10:13 PM
Good ride today. 250 miles. Little bit on the interstate. Mostly back roads. On the tight corners I paid attention to planting my outside foot and leaning in. Worked well. Lots less jerky steering. I got an execllent indicator on the ride. After we got back, having a beer, relaxing, bride asked, When can we go again? Yeah!

We're clear up to 475 miles! Wow

You guys and girls got to be snickering. Listening to a couple of enthusiastic newbies. You have all been through this way back.

Liking it even more than yesterday:cheers:

Just wait till tomorrow :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

iceworm
10-18-2015, 10:59 PM
Just wait till tomorrow :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
That's our plan. And thanks for welcoming us to the ZOO. After 40+ years in Alaska, most down here think I'm part animal. I don't discourage them. So being part of the zoo feels good.

One nice thing about down here is we will get to ride more than a few weeks a year. I was in Deadhorse last week - below freezing, couple of inches of snow. Here today, 70F, scattered clouds. Perfect day for a ride.