PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day

Deanna777
10-15-2015, 08:25 PM
HI Everyone,

Today was a sad day, I put my spyder into hibernation. I took it for its last ride for the season. It was a cool morning, about 40 degrees this morning. I am looking forward to spring again. So I can ride, ride, ride.

Hope everyone has a safe riding season. Deanna

Pampurrs
10-15-2015, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Deanna. I hope you will continue to post here, I really enjoy hearing from you.

Spring is just around the corner :dg2:

Pam

Gator37
10-15-2015, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=Deanna777;1049495]HI Everyone,

Today was a sad day, I put my spyder into hibernation. I took it for its last ride for the season. It was a cool morning, about 40 degrees this morning. I am looking forward to spring again. So I can ride, ride, ride.

Seems a little premature, 40º is not that bad, and must have warmed up in the afternoon. It was 44 here this morning but went on a nice 65 mile ride about 1000 when it got to mid 50s. Just dress for it. Ya gotta do what is right for you. Have a nice winter.

Deanna777
10-15-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Deanna. I hope you will continue to post here, I really enjoy hearing from you.

Spring is just around the corner :dg2:

PamPam, Yes, I will continue posting here. I put my spyder into winter storage, from today until April 1,2016.

The motorcycle season here in the NE is short( from April to Oct.).
Yes, spring is around the corner.
Deanna

Deanna777
10-15-2015, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Deanna777;1049495]HI Everyone,

Seems a little premature, 40º is not that bad, and must have warmed up in the afternoon. It was 44 here this morning but went on a nice 65 mile ride about 1000 when it got to mid 50s. Just dress for it. Ya gotta do what is right for you. Have a nice winter.I had frost on the wind shield this morning, under the BRP full cover that was on it. Also, I dressed for it. Yes, I gotta to what I got to do, I can not do everything. I hope the winter here in the North East is short. Deanna

dlby
10-15-2015, 09:12 PM
I'm leaving! The cold117996
But Taking Spyder WI me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Motorcycledave
10-15-2015, 09:21 PM
Just wondering....
Is it that cold wet and nasty in Vermont
right now, it isn't even Halloween yet.
I have riden my GoldWing two up in snow
going over the Donner Pass
Dave

QUOTE=Deanna777;1049495]HI Everyone,

Hope everyone has a safe riding season. Deanna [/QUOTE]

cptjam
10-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Move! Life is too short to be miserable! Move!

Chupaca
10-15-2015, 11:41 PM
Tis sad..:sour: hope your off season is pleasant and enjoyable with all the winter sports...do miss it some of the time...but it doesn't take long to get over it and hit the road. :ohyea:gotta love SoCal...:2thumbs:

Lin
10-16-2015, 06:07 AM
The later part of next week is forecast for cold mornings, but lower to mid 50's. I'm hoping to get a ride in from Portsmouth to the Flying Goose near Sunapee.

I hope you can get out for another short ride if the weather cooperates.

Grandpot
10-16-2015, 06:45 AM
I don't mean to rub salt in a wound, but South Carolina is a great place to ride. It only snows 2 or 3 days a year so we can ride year round. I'm heading to Myrtle beach this weekend. Don't plan to swim with the sharks; which we seem to have taken a liking to our beaches also.:lecturef_smilie:

Bob Denman
10-16-2015, 06:49 AM
Dee,
:D You can always look at it this way:
If you can't ryde the Spyder; it's time to buy farkles for the Spyder!! :yes: :2thumbs:
Shopping Time!!:clap:

cuznjohn
10-16-2015, 07:02 AM
i wish i felt that way, after years of riding i feel i lost the enjoyment of it.

LoveMyRyde
10-16-2015, 07:26 AM
Dee,
If you can't ryde the Spyder; it's time to buy farkles for the Spyder!! :yes: :2thumbs:
Shopping Time!!:clap:

:agree: Time for shopping!

Chin up Deanna.

Bob Denman
10-16-2015, 07:31 AM
i wish i felt that way, after years of riding i feel i lost the enjoyment of i
:shocked:...
By the time that Spring arrives; here's to hoping that the joy of riding, has found it's way back into your heart! :cheers:

OverHillAndDale
10-16-2015, 07:56 AM
If I understand the seasons properly, winter is Farkling Season in the NE. Down south we can ride nearly all year long, but you have a chance to disassemble, do the deep cleaning, and install the farkles that that more time and care. All in all I'd rather ryde, but you have an opportunity to have a nearly new byke by spring.

retread
10-16-2015, 08:17 AM
I grew up in Michigan, have lived in New York, up by the St Lawrence, spent time in New England, and parts of Canada. If it's above 20 degrees, and the roads are clear, I'll ride.

john

Bob Denman
10-16-2015, 08:28 AM
:agree: But now that they Brine the roads; it's getting tougher and tougher to keep the unwanted chemicals off of the bikes. :shocked:

Fatcycledaddy
10-16-2015, 08:59 AM
I can't put mine away yet. I know its getting cold so I just purchased heated clothing from Bajaron to squeeze out a few more rides. :clap:Hooking it up tonight and trying it out tomorrow, high of 48 in Michigan tomorrow. Color change is slow in Michigan this year so I am planning a 4 day color tour next weekend and the heated gear should be awesome.

Shout out to Bajaron who took the time to answer all of my questions about heated gear. He was great to deal with and very willing to share his knowledge. The prices of his heated gear includes shipping and boy was it quick!!! I expected to get it next week and it all came in yesterday. THANKS RON!!!!:bowdown:

jaherbst
10-16-2015, 09:03 AM
If you are that passionate about riding you should consider moving to the SouthWest. We ride year around here. Camille and I are presently visiting the Grand Canyon and Sedona AZ.

Jack:D

murphybrown
10-16-2015, 09:06 AM
For a few more weeks...the lower temps don't stop me (43 this morning)..but snow, ice now that is the game changer for me. Wow if I had 6 months of non ryding I would be in serious trouble as my down time is spent pouring over maps and seeing what the latest and greatest is for our Spyders...As I suited up to ryde home from granddaughters VB game up North...beautiful ryde up...that sun goes down and it is a whole diff temp...thought I was prepared...not...so that will get "fixed" this morning...two season gear in Spyder. Biggest Spyder challenge I have right now is convincing my insurance adjuster (from the hit and run where I was backed into) that local body shop can not and will not work on the Spyder. She admits this is her first Spyder claim..but has the mind set that body work is body work. I submitted the estimate (by a Spyder repair guru) and she is struggling with the shipping costs...again explained all parts have to come from Canada. Oh well, the broken frunk area doesn't interfer with ryding so while she wraps her belief system and knowledge into a workable package I will just keep ryding!!! Nothing worth getting my tail in a knot or miss a mile of wind in my face. Dee stay connected luv hearing from you...:thumbup::yes:

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 09:46 AM
But Taking Spyder WI me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using TapatalkGood luck on your adventures. Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 09:54 AM
Just wondering....
Is it that cold wet and nasty in Vermont
right now, it isn't even Halloween yet.
I have riden my GoldWing two up in snow
going over the Donner Pass
Dave

QUOTE=Deanna777;1049495]HI Everyone,

Hope everyone has a safe riding season. Deanna [/QUOTE]
HI Dave, The cold and nasty weather is on its way, in the higher elevations ( mountains) tonight they are forecasting snow. Do a Google search for last years winter weather. ( and see the weather that the NE had) you will see what I mean. Have a safe Halloween and winter. Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 09:56 AM
Move! Life is too short to be miserable! Move! I only put up the spyder for winter hibernation, in the spring I will take it out of hibernation. Thanks for the advice. Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 10:01 AM
Tis sad..:sour: hope your off season is pleasant and enjoyable with all the winter sports...do miss it some of the time...but it doesn't take long to get over it and hit the road. :ohyea:gotta love SoCal...:2thumbs: The off season gives me a chance to catch -up with other things, the holidays are just around the corner. Today's weather forecast is in the 40's day time, Night temps, 20's ( higher elevations Snow) I am use to the weather changes here in Vermont. Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 10:06 AM
The later part of next week is forecast for cold mornings, but lower to mid 50's. I'm hoping to get a ride in from Portsmouth to the Flying Goose near Sunapee.

I hope you can get out for another short ride if the weather cooperates. The short ride is not going to happen, the spyder is in for it long winter's nap( insurance purpose's) thanks for the advice. In the spring I will make up for the riding that I did not do during the winter.

Have a safe ride when you ride from Portsmouth to the Flying Goose near Sunapee.
Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 10:09 AM
I don't mean to rub salt in a wound, but South Carolina is a great place to ride. It only snows 2 or 3 days a year so we can ride year round. I'm heading to Myrtle beach this weekend. Don't plan to swim with the sharks; which we seem to have taken a liking to our beaches also.:lecturef_smilie:Do a Google search on Vermont winters ( look what the NE had for winter 2014,2015 you will see what I mean)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 10:11 AM
Dee,
Shopping Time!!:clap: Bob, If I buy more farkles I can install them in the spring. Deanna

SpyderBandit
10-16-2015, 10:14 AM
Pam, Yes, I will continue posting here. I put my spyder into winter storage, from today until April 1,2016.

The motorcycle season here in the NE is short( from April to Oct.).
Yes, spring is around the corner.
Deanna
Try riding in Canada and you'll see what a short season is like!:(

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 10:14 AM
:agree: Time for shopping!

Chin up Deanna. Yes, time for farkle shopping, and I will keep my chin up. Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 10:18 AM
If I understand the seasons properly, winter is Farkling Season in the NE. Down south we can ride nearly all year long, but you have a chance to disassemble, do the deep cleaning, and install the farkles that that more time and care. All in all I'd rather ryde, but you have an opportunity to have a nearly new byke by spring. Yes, you are right about the seasons in the NE, ( farkle shopping in the NE, and install in the spring). Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 10:20 AM
:agree: But now that they Brine the roads; it's getting tougher and tougher to keep the unwanted chemicals off of the bikes. :shocked::agree::agree::agree: I have a difficult time keeping the Brine off the car. Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 10:24 AM
If you are that passionate about riding you should consider moving to the SouthWest. We ride year around here. Camille and I are presently visiting the Grand Canyon and Sedona AZ.

Jack:D Jack, I gotta do what I gotta to do, and I can not do everything. Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 10:33 AM
For a few more weeks...the lower temps don't stop me (43 this morning)..but snow, ice now that is the game changer for me. Wow if I had 6 months of non ryding I would be in serious trouble as my down time is spent pouring over maps and seeing what the latest and greatest is for our Spyders...As I suited up to ryde home from granddaughters VB game up North...beautiful ryde up...that sun goes down and it is a whole diff temp...thought I was prepared...not...so that will get "fixed" this morning...two season gear in Spyder. Biggest Spyder challenge I have right now is convincing my insurance adjuster (from the hit and run where I was backed into) that local body shop can not and will not work on the Spyder. She admits this is her first Spyder claim..but has the mind set that body work is body work. I submitted the estimate (by a Spyder repair guru) and she is struggling with the shipping costs...again explained all parts have to come from Canada. Oh well, the broken frunk area doesn't interfer with ryding so while she wraps her belief system and knowledge into a workable package I will just keep ryding!!! Nothing worth getting my tail in a knot or miss a mile of wind in my face. Dee stay connected luv hearing from you...:thumbup::yes:Murphybrown, Yesterday the temp was 39 degrees @ 8:30 had frost on the spyder windshield, ( under the BRP cover) but later that day the temp was 45 to 50 with cool breeze blowing( cold front coming in) so I dropped of my spyder, then I went shopping, did not get home until 5:30.

I will stay connected and keep posting on this site.

Good luck with your insurance adjuster.

Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 10:35 AM
Try riding in Canada and you'll see what a short season is like!:(Thanks, but NO Thanks. Deanna

GeorgiaBill
10-16-2015, 10:55 AM
HI Everyone,

Hope everyone has a safe riding season. Deanna
Sorry to hear about that Deanna, that's a long time not to ride.

My wife and I rode up to Burlington from Kingston, NY on Labor Day weekend in 1970 on a bike not set up for touring. We planned to go to Montreal. We left after work Friday, and camped Friday Night, and got to Burlington and it was spitting snow. We saw a shed without doors and darted inside until the snow showers passed. Spent the weekend in Burlington instead of continuing to Montreal.

Hang in there.

-Bill

ARtraveler
10-16-2015, 02:21 PM
RX: Have a morning coffee, fire up the computer. Get your daily, or more, dose of SL. Put Motorcycle Superstore on your favorites list. Get the BRP catalog. Learn to navigate the BRP website for accessories.

Enjoy shopping for gear or farkles. It's fun to buy something for yourself once in awhile.

Keep your RT well dusted and polished. It likes the special attention given during the "big sleep."

Linda has hers parked for the season. The battery tender and Stabil go on/in this weekend.

I am going to keep mine available until the black ice hits the highway ramps and my road. However, some consider me a die hard when it comes to riding in colder weather. I am now done at 30 degrees. I did ride in 10 below zero in MN a few times though. But that was a long, long, time ago. :yes:

maliamd
10-16-2015, 04:19 PM
We plan on putting our bikes to bed in a week. One last ride this week on the Rattler then nighty night. :yikes::yikes:

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 04:34 PM
Sorry to hear about that Deanna, that's a long time not to ride.

My wife and I rode up to Burlington from Kingston, NY on Labor Day weekend in 1970 on a bike not set up for touring. We planned to go to Montreal. We left after work Friday, and camped Friday Night, and got to Burlington and it was spitting snow. We saw a shed without doors and darted inside until the snow showers passed. Spent the weekend in Burlington instead of continuing to Montreal.

Hang in there.

-BillBill, In the spring I will catch up on the riding that I did not do in the winter, this time of the year you don't know when the Snow will be here. I gotta do what I gotta do, I am a very busy lady. Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 04:42 PM
RX: Have a morning coffee, fire up the computer. Get your daily, or more, dose of SL. Put Motorcycle Superstore on your favorites list. Get the BRP catalog. Learn to navigate the BRP website for accessories.

Enjoy shopping for gear or farkles. It's fun to buy something for yourself once in awhile.

Keep your RT well dusted and polished. It likes the special attention given during the "big sleep."

Linda has hers parked for the season. The battery tender and Stabil go on/in this weekend.

I am going to keep mine available until the black ice hits the highway ramps and my road. However, some consider me a die hard when it comes to riding in colder weather. I am now done at 30 degrees. I did ride in 10 below zero in MN a few times though. But that was a long, long, time ago. :yes: I do that already getting my coffee, and computer, and getting my daily dose of SL.

It is difficult to keep my RT polished, and dusted, it is stored at a Can-Am dealership for its long winter's nap. I gotta do what I gotta do. To each his/or her own. Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 04:48 PM
We plan on putting our bikes to bed in a week. One last ride this week on the Rattler then nighty night. :yikes::yikes:Yesterday ,( Thursday) I took mine for it's last ride of the season, it was a cool 38 degrees, but later that day it warmed up to 50 degrees.

This winter I will be thinking and planning the trips that I want to do in next year. The Rattler, the Tail of the Dragon and other roads in that area are on my" Bucket List". Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 04:58 PM
For people that live in the Colder( that deal with the winter weather) climates understand what we have to do, for putting our spyders in hibernation( that our motorcycle riding season's are short) and for the people that live in the warmer climates ( they can ride year around).

I gotta do what I gotta do. To each his/or her own. Deanna

Bob Denman
10-16-2015, 05:02 PM
Dee,
Did you notice how many folks tried to talk you into moving to a warmer climate? :dontknow:
I wonder how much riding they do at Mid-day in July and August? :roflblack:
Wintertime just makes us appreciate our shortened riding Season even more! :2thumbs:

Mazo EMS2
10-16-2015, 05:08 PM
I changed the oil in mine today, in anticipation of having to put her away soon. I'll keep sneaking in a few short rides until the first salt gets put on the roads...then I'm done. Lots of talk about a huge El Nino system this winter, but I doubt it will keep things warm and dry enough. I like winter anyway...grooming snowmobile trails is another passion of mine.

MikeT
10-16-2015, 05:16 PM
I changed the oil in mine today in anticipation of having to put her away soon.
I had my first service done 10 days ago because my schedule was open that week thanks to Fall Break. It's going to be frosty/freezing on Saturday and Sunday mornings here. I feel that the end of my riding season is near.

Bob Denman
10-16-2015, 05:22 PM
I changed the oil in mine today, in anticipation of having to put her away soon. I'll keep sneaking in a few short rides until the first salt gets put on the roads...then I'm done. Lots of talk about a huge El Nino system this winter, but I doubt it will keep things warm and dry enough. I like winter anyway...grooming snowmobile trails is another passion of mine.

What do you groom with?? :D
Our club has a pair of Skandic SWTs, that do a pretty good job of towing and smoothing things up! :2thumbs:

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Dee,
Did you notice how many folks tried to talk you into moving to a warmer climate? :dontknow:
I wonder how much riding they do at Mid-day in July and August? :roflblack:
Wintertime just makes us appreciate our shortened riding Season even more! :2thumbs:Bob, Yes, I did notice that many folks tried to talk me into moving to "Warmer Climate".
I wander the same thing "How much riding they do in the Mid-day in July and August, up here in the NE during that time frame I just ride more.

During the winter time I can plan/and look at maps on what trips I will be taking in the Spring. Deanna

Bob Denman
10-16-2015, 05:26 PM
I'm with you! :thumbup:
It's a time for planning next year's adventures! :yes::ohyea::yes:

...And Farkling... :D
I picked up a fuel door for my OEM seat. Now; I just have to build up the courage to start cutting holes in it! :shocked:

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 05:29 PM
This week-end they are saying Snow in the higher elevations, tomorrow Sat. it will be cold highs in the 40's, lows 30's, and maybe snow in the valleys. I put my spyder in to Winter Hibernation. Deanna

Bob Denman
10-16-2015, 05:36 PM
We're getting just about the same threat down here... :gaah:
The Missus has decided that she's NOT going to ride in a snowstorm! :shocked:

Deanna777
10-16-2015, 06:00 PM
We're getting just about the same threat down here... :gaah:
The Missus has decided that she's NOT going to ride in a snowstorm! :shocked:Tomorrow night and into Sunday they have Freezing warnings out for the Whole state of Vermont. I am with the missus I would not ride in a snow storm either, not good for the Spyder either. The spyder is in for it's winter's nap. Deanna

Pampurrs
10-16-2015, 06:11 PM
Bob, Yes, I did notice that many folks tried to talk me into moving to "Warmer Climate".
I wander the same thing "How much riding they do in the Mid-day in July and August, up here in the NE during that time frame I just ride more.

During the winter time I can plan/and look at maps on what trips I will be taking in the Spring. Deanna

I ride every day, all year 'round here in Arizona. Yeah, it gets hot in June, July, and August, but not enough to keep me from riding. Deanna, you live in a beautiful part of the country, and I would never try to talk you into moving here. Besides, I live in my own version of paradise and I don't want it over crowded. It's bad enough we have to endure the snowbirds every winter :banghead:

I was born and raised in Chicago and bought my first motorcycle in the spring of 1977. When ice and snow forced me to put her in the garage for the winter I was devastated. I left my hometown in 1979 for warmer climate and never looked back. But if you're happy riding only part of the year, more power to ya :thumbup:

Pam

Mazo EMS2
10-16-2015, 07:36 PM
What do you groom with?? :D
Our club has a pair of Skandic SWTs, that do a pretty good job of towing and smoothing things up! :2thumbs:

I run a John Deere tractor most of the time. If snowfall is decent enough I'll run our Tucker SnoCat.

Red Ryder VT
10-16-2015, 08:01 PM
this year. I want to ride to Enosburg on Sunday and one more time Route 2 up though the Islands before I put it to bed.

I think the leaves are especially striking this year.

In Milton

John

Vt. Rider
10-16-2015, 09:41 PM
My Spyder goes into hibernation sometime next week......but then I take out the Ski-Doo, do an oil change, check the battery, and get it ready for trail riding starting December 15th. Just hope that we have lots of snow this winter.

Brentc
10-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Just got back from Lowes with the materials to fabricate my storage crate for the spiders long winter nap. I have to store in my barn and it is not critter proof. I'm hoping to sneak another ride in early this week but am planning to put mine to bed next weekend.

Bob Denman
10-17-2015, 07:53 AM
I run a John Deere tractor most of the time. If snowfall is decent enough I'll run our Tucker SnoCat.

:shocked: Ooooohhhh.... :clap:
The REAL Deals!! :bowdown: :2thumbs:

Border Rider
10-17-2015, 10:39 AM
;) I've played golf up here on the border in November, so if they don't salt the roads, I will ride the:ani29: some more.
By the way it's snowing like hell up here in Derby Line

Deanna777
10-17-2015, 11:00 AM
this year. I want to ride to Enosburg on Sunday and one more time Route 2 up though the Islands before I put it to bed.

I think the leaves are especially striking this year.

In Milton

JohnJohn, Have a safe ride to Enosburg on Sunday, and on Route 2 thru the Islands.

Mike ( Blueknight911) and I rode on Route 2 thru the Islands, then took Route 78( near Alburgh Center) East towards Swanton to Enosburg Falls, then took Route 105 a short distance then took Route 108 South went up thru Smugglers Notch, then back home. Time frame we went was when they were looking for the 2 escapee's in New York. Deanna

Deanna777
10-17-2015, 11:08 AM
;) I've played golf up here on the border in November, so if they don't salt the roads, I will ride the:ani29: some more.
By the way it's snowing like hell up here in Derby LineHave a safe ride until they salt roads.

In the valleys we do not have any snow yet, but it is raining. Deanna

beadaholic
10-19-2015, 05:13 PM
I am sorry Deanna for the hibernation, but it will be fun when it is time to come out! :thumbup:

Deanna777
10-23-2015, 11:46 AM
I am sorry Deanna for the hibernation, but it will be fun when it is time to come out! :thumbup: Yes, it will be fun when my spyder comes out of hibernation ( I hope we have a very short winter up here in the NE) Deanna

Bob Denman
10-23-2015, 12:01 PM
We're still riding down here in the Catskills... :thumbup:
Tomorrow looks like there'll be a ride out to Narrowsburg, NY (Along the Delaware River) for some Apple Cider! :2thumbs:

Deanna777
10-23-2015, 02:11 PM
We're still riding down here in the Catskills... :thumbup:
Tomorrow looks like there'll be a ride out to Narrowsburg, NY (Along the Delaware River) for some Apple Cider! :2thumbs:Today, the temp is 36 degrees, cloudy, I will wait until next spring to ride, to each his own. Come on Spring! Deanna

Ex Winger
10-24-2015, 05:31 AM
In the North sooner or later we have to put the toys away.I was out for a nice ride on Thursday and hope to get out today.But this will be he last one in 2015.I,ll get my 4 wheeler out for some fun rides in the snow.
Bill

vided
10-24-2015, 06:23 AM

oh it's distant cousin :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118488&stc=1

grumpybob
10-24-2015, 08:13 AM
Hopefully I can get at least 1 more short ryde in. Nov. 07, 2015 parade at New York State Fair for Vets. Day. Haven't heard from PGR yet, although it is still a little early. Will ride until sand & salt goes down on the roads here in Fulton NY. Then the Yamaha comes out for sledding.

Bob Denman
10-24-2015, 02:11 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118494&stc=1
We don't need no stinking snowblowers... :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Deanna777
10-24-2015, 04:29 PM
:shocked:...
By the time that Spring arrives; here's to hoping that the joy of riding, has found it's way back into your heart! :cheers:Bob, the joy of riding my spyder never leaves my heart. Deanna

Deanna777
10-24-2015, 04:37 PM
I ride every day, all year 'round here in Arizona. Yeah, it gets hot in June, July, and August, but not enough to keep me from riding. Deanna, you live in a beautiful part of the country, and I would never try to talk you into moving here. Besides, I live in my own version of paradise and I don't want it over crowded. It's bad enough we have to endure the snowbirds every winter :banghead:

I was born and raised in Chicago and bought my first motorcycle in the spring of 1977. When ice and snow forced me to put her in the garage for the winter I was devastated. I left my hometown in 1979 for warmer climate and never looked back. But if you're happy riding only part of the year, more power to ya :thumbup:

PamPam, I got to do what, what I got to do, and to each his/or her own. Deanna

vided
10-24-2015, 05:17 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118494&stc=1
We don't need no stinking snowblowers... :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118501&stc=1:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::yes::yes:

Deanna777
10-24-2015, 05:26 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118501&stc=1:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::yes::yes:Th at question was said a lot last year. Deanna

robmorg
10-24-2015, 07:19 PM
But Taking Spyder WI me

Are you planning to tow both trailers at the same time? How do you accomplish that? :rolleyes:

dlby
10-25-2015, 08:15 AM
71 here on the porch at 9 am

Snow is In for cast when hell freezes over[emoji102]

flaggerphil
10-25-2015, 09:41 PM
i wish i felt that way, after years of riding i feel i lost the enjoyment of it.

Hope you get it back! Maybe in the spring...

flaggerphil
10-25-2015, 09:43 PM
I'm just glad I can ride year round, here. Actually, this is the best time of year to ride in central Florida...temps are down in the 70s and 80s. Back in St Louis I used to ride whenever it was over 45 degrees, but I don't think I could handle that these days.

109spyder
10-25-2015, 10:06 PM
Good thing about Australia, we can ride all year round [emoji106] well I can , hottest it gets around my area is 36 coldest is 10