PDA

View Full Version : Orange screen but just over the trip meter box.

LoveMyRyde
10-15-2015, 04:27 PM
Hi guys.

I've tried searching for an answer to this but haven't found anything. Sorry if this is a repeated question.

Going on on my first weekend ride this weekend so I took my 2011 RT-L to the dealer to be checked over. Ended up having the back tire replaced and new back brakes.

When I got home I turned the bike off and realized I forgot to get the mileage so I turned it back on and the display was normal except where the trip meter is was orange with a picture of the bike. No code and I didn't even see a message. I tried to pull a code but just got a blank screen. The dealer said as long as the bike was running fine it's probably nothing. Anyone know what this is?

Any help would be appreciated.

Eagle1
10-15-2015, 04:45 PM
Hi, if it is a picture of the handle bars in the Orange screen, it could be dps-- limited power assist--check battery terminals. I would not worry unless it comes on again and stays on. It may have been because you flipped it back on without starting it. If you have not done so, I would recommend down loading the Spyder codes app, by Roger Wenzel. Lots of good info on codes etc.

DriftersWay
10-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Hi guys.

I've tried searching for an answer to this but haven't found anything. Sorry if this is a repeated question.

Going on on my first weekend ride this weekend so I took my 2011 RT-L to the dealer to be checked over. Ended up having the back tire replaced and new back brakes.

When I got home I turned the bike off and realized I forgot to get the mileage so I turned it back on and the display was normal except where the trip meter is was orange with a picture of the bike. No code and I didn't even see a message. I tried to pull a code but just got a blank screen. The dealer said as long as the bike was running fine it's probably nothing. Anyone know what this is?

Any my help would be appreciated.

Check and make sure your compartment doors are closed all the way

Bob Denman
10-15-2015, 05:31 PM
:agree: The Storage compartment doors would also be the first thing that I'd check...

LoveMyRyde
10-15-2015, 05:41 PM
....for the replies. This site is so helpful :clap:

The compartment doors might be what happened. I was unloading the bike at the time. I didn't know I could get a warning screen from that. My bike didn't come with an owners manual so I try to find answers online whenever I can.

Bob L
10-15-2015, 06:28 PM
You can find the owner's manual on line too: http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/guides-and-information.html Definitely worth taking the time to look it over. Enjoy your Spyder!

Bob