PDA

View Full Version : Battery votage?

steriltech
10-15-2015, 04:16 PM
Hi all I just encountered my first fart.... I went to start the bike and the battery was low funny didn't show battery light or send out no singnals . So I charged the battery for 20 min and she started. Can anyone tell me wat is the battery voltage? I want to guy a small battery booster just in case it ever happends again.I am going to have a new battery put in any way.. Dose anyone carrie a battery booster if so could you be as kind to tell me what you have picyure would be awesome.. Thanks all!!!:yes:

Lew L
10-15-2015, 04:34 PM
Hi steril,

If you have a newer :spyder2: the battery should be good for a couple of years at least. Standing voltage of a good battery should be 12.6 v or above and 13.6 to 14.5 when the motor is running at a few thousand RPM.
Please check to see that the + and - terminal bolts are tight at the battery( they have been known to loosen). A battery maintainer ( not just a charger ) is good to put on if the :spyder2: is going to sit for more than a few weeks. All battries loose voltage over time. Right after charging the voltage will be artifacially high, called a surface charge, run the lights or honk the horn a few times to get a more accurate reading.

It would be good to mention which :spyder2: you have and what year it is, milage ,and mods when trying to diagnose a problem.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Dead batteries and loose nutz cause:

Kaos

jtoro1
10-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Battery voltage at 4k rpm 13.6 vdc I have a micro start sp1. Works good but you can get a battery booster from wall Mart for $57 I paid $120 for my sp1 on Amazon

Chupaca
10-15-2015, 07:34 PM
there are chargers, maintainers and combos. Then there are baterry packs to jump start with. The most commonly used maintainer is the battery tender. They also make the charger. Now there are trickle chargers and full chargers. So depending on what your looking for will determine what to get. I carry the Antigravity jumper which will charge all my electronics, jump start my ryde (car or motorcycle) and has a built in flashlight. :thumbup:

Highwayman2013
10-15-2015, 08:14 PM
I use a Battery Tender Jr. I just picked up a booster battery at Cycle Gear called the POD-X4 about $120.

SpyderAnn01
10-15-2015, 08:44 PM
I carry the Micro Start Anti Gravity and I can charge everything from cell phones to Spyders with it.