PDA

View Full Version : 2010 RT-S troubleshooting

2Gunns
10-15-2015, 08:01 AM
OK, I'm calling upon the all knowing Spyderlover forum for help once again. With al the rain we;ve had, there wasn't much riding going on, but like a dummy, I forgot to leave my 2010 RT on the charger. We out thinking I was going to enjoy a nice sunny ride, but wasn't enough juice to start. Hooked up the charger, left it for a day..... charger shows battery at 100%, but now when I put in the key NOTHING !!! Not even a single indicator light. What is going on?

Thanks in advance

Bob Denman
10-15-2015, 08:03 AM
How old is the battery? :dontknow:
Check your fuse panels, and make sure that everything is "tight, right, and un-popped"!

jtoro1
10-15-2015, 08:07 AM
Check you relays and fuses push them in,.check your battery conections and maybe it can be the battery, if it is what came with the bike it might be time for change. check for kill SWITCH

Chupaca
10-15-2015, 10:49 AM
Did you hook up a tender (maintainer) or a charger. The tender will not charge the battery but could create a surface charge (dies at the flick of a switch). Did you try to jump it (car engine off ignition off). If she fires up you will need to investigate your battery's condition. Get it fully charged load tested and go from there. You will have doubts so if the battery is already aged you might want to change it. Hummidity can do a job on electric components...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
10-15-2015, 02:37 PM
I also think the battery is suspect. Advice above, all good.

Let us know what happens. :thumbup:

2Gunns
10-19-2015, 04:40 PM
wanted to come back and let you know what I found. One of the relays was the issue with "zero lighting on dash"...on of the popped back in when I pressed on them. Still wasn't enough juice to crank it, but at least I had response. Had to jump start it, then placed it on tender overnight. All is well once more (btw: this battery is only 18 months old)

Bob Denman
10-19-2015, 04:58 PM
:clap: Thanks for letting us know what you found! :thumbup: