Be careful of the weight, that looks like a large bag

Cruzr Joe

Did not see the 5 year remark

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-13-2015, 08:46 PM
Have used this roller picked up from thrift store for 5 years now

The RT does not mind it used to be on an Ultra HD117909

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I love a fellow DIY'er, however before you attempt the above remember the BRP warning label inside the Trunk ...." Do not Overload - 20 lbs Limit "....so how much does the metal rack weigh, 2-3lbs...the piece of luggage 5-6 lbs......So 7 to 9 lbs from the Safe weight of 20 lbs = about 12 lbs ......With this piece of luggage you can now only carry ( safely ) 12 lbs....if you are hauling tennis balls you are probably OK.......But if it's packed tight with ( even ) silk lingerie , you will be seriously over-weight........I love ingenuity , maybe more than most, and I have made mis-takes and owned up to them...,I am not posting this to "offend" you, ... but I would re-think this one ....:thumbup::thumbup: Mike

dlby
10-13-2015, 08:55 PM
Appreciate the input folks!
Been carrying our raingear for 8 months in it.

So far no qualms
Will keep a close eye on it
Thanks!

dlby
10-13-2015, 08:57 PM
The five years included time on the Ultra
Lol

pitzerwm
10-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Just thinking out load, why is there a 20# weight limit in the trunk? Since the whole rear end is held together, the weight limitation must be taken into account for the saddlebags too. If you exceed this collective weight limitation, will something break, will you lose controllablity? We already know that the saddlebag hinges are crap and need reinforcing. I would worry more about control if the weight distribution is out of balance. That's assuming you reinforce the saddlebag hinges.

pegasus1300
10-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Actually that is the weight limit for the trunk. The saddle bags are listed at 15lbs each. The ABS plastic will only take so much before it starts to crack.