PDA

View Full Version : Why You Should ALWAY Wave

PaladinLV
10-12-2015, 09:38 PM
There have been various scattered topics about the WAVE!

Not wanting to usurp/ hijack another OPs thread, here is a short article from the Harley Forum of which I completely agree, I think you will too!

You WAVE for the same reason you never pass a stranded rider.

http://www.hdforums.com/articles/why-we-should-always-biker-wave/

AJ

Pampurrs
10-12-2015, 09:43 PM
Awesome article AJ. Thank you for sharing it. :thumbup:

Pam

hdlongrod
10-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Just shared this with my wife who also rides. Good read and very true.:clap:

latony007
10-12-2015, 11:11 PM
good article. Thats one of the things i loved when i started riding and unless there is some reason i cant, like screaming through a turn :) i always wave. Knowing that there is this brotherhood among riders is cool. I am a regular clean cut type guy but feel like the biggest most tattooed cruiser rider in the world would pull over to help if i were stuck because we are both on bikes. Cant say that for cagers that is for sure.

nakerr
10-12-2015, 11:25 PM
I always wave.

Chupaca
10-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Such a simple gesture with long reaching effect. :thumbup:

HIspyder
10-13-2015, 01:17 AM
Scooter riders here on the island haven't got a clue but I wave at everyone of them none the less.

blacklightning
10-13-2015, 06:47 AM
Scooter riders here on the island haven't got a clue but I wave at everyone of them none the less.
:agree: I wave at all riders if I see them in time. I have noticed that I get fewer waves on the spyder than I did on the M109, but I still wave anyway.

wyliec
10-13-2015, 07:09 AM
I must say that normally I find any post regarding waving to be tiresome, because you always get the negatives of why someone doesn't wave. This time, I find the article short, informative, and overall excellent. Thank you, PaladinLV.

Bob Denman
10-13-2015, 07:11 AM
:shocked: It sounds a bit like more rules...

Wave or not; whatever it takes, to get you through the day! :thumbup:

spyderjo333
10-13-2015, 07:41 AM
I live in the coastal Carolinas area and there are people on mopeds here. I have been known to wave to moped
drivers. Just because they can't afford a Spyder (or Harley) doesn't mean they don't get the outdoors experience. Many are retired
or just getting by. I think it makes them feel good to see someone wave to them too.

easysuper
10-13-2015, 07:53 AM
Such a simple gesture with long reaching effect. :thumbup:

You said it right Chupaca !

TommyBwell
10-13-2015, 07:57 AM
Nice article. When I got back on a motorcycle for the first time in a number of years due to being busted up I was waiving to everyone with the enthusiasm of people who see themselves on the Jumbotron at a ballgame. No one could turn down that waive.

SPYD3R
10-13-2015, 08:32 AM
NICE ARTICLE... thx for shearing....

i always wave... what i mostly do is raise the 4 fingers of my left hand while retaining contact with the grip... i don't always watch to see if the other guy/gal waves back, because i don't wave expecting one in return... i wave because I GET IT... just like the article states...

ride safely, and enjoy....
Dan P
SPYD3R F3-S

bronzeflex42
10-13-2015, 08:40 AM
I always wave when i can.

beadaholic
10-13-2015, 08:49 AM
I wave at everyone. Here in Mexico we have alot of Soldiers being carted around in big trucks everywhere fighting against the "Cartels" (Mafia) anyway, I always wave at them, they are just regular guys from all over the country and their eyes pop out when they see my motorcycle hehe, and some of them don't know what to do, to wave or not, some wave a little grudgingly hehe, but that is ok, if I can get them to wave it is worth it. I always wave at the little kids that stare at me, I guess they think I am a rock star or something haha, which is so cool. I love the kids. The kids in my village have gotten with the program and always wave at me, and jump up and down when they see me. I think I am building a bit of goodwill with the bike! I wave at other riders but here we don't have such a "brotherhood" less with a Spyder in the mix. Unfortunately. But I enjoyed the article and will keep on waving!

stick405
10-13-2015, 08:55 AM
Here's something else that may be of interest...

http://www.iamsecond.com/2015/10/what-motorcyclists-can-teach-us-about-one-of-lifes-greatest-lessons/

Lew L
10-13-2015, 10:11 AM
I almost always wave, but------ during "Street Vibrations " here in Reno there are so many visitors on the road and many,many of the don't bother --- I don't either. Just stare straight ahead.
I just wait for them to go home and wave at the all.

Waving on a twisty mountain road causes:::::

Kaos

ARtraveler
10-13-2015, 01:15 PM
A good article. Thanks for the post. :yes:

PaladinLV
10-13-2015, 02:21 PM
I almost always wave, but------ during "Street Vibrations " here in Reno there are so many visitors on the road and many,many of the don't bother --- I don't either. Just stare straight ahead.
I just wait for them to go home and wave at the all.

Waving on a twisty mountain road causes:::::

Kaos

Kinda like the Laughlin Run down this end :)

AJ

Lew L
10-13-2015, 03:17 PM
WE get so so many here for street vibrations that there are TV adds on the three major broadcast stations about "Looking out for bikers" that it is a bit annoying. Usually bury one or two each year. We have a few off camber and changing radius turns that throw people off line,and there is often a steep drop off. The NV roads devision lets the familes plant a small cross or memorial there if they want to.:pray:

Kaos

Vader
10-13-2015, 03:22 PM
I live in a relatively small town. Every morning my wonderful wife and I walk our dog, Elvis. When we see a neighbor, they wave..we wave and say "Morning", because it's just the way we do things. Sometimes, cars pass and the driver waves. Sometimes we know them, sometimes we dont.
I worked in law enforcement until I was injured. Sometimes while on patrol, people waved. Sometimes they didn't. And sometimes, they gave us the finger. Ya know, the "bad" one..the middle one.
So when I ride now, sometimes I get a wave from motorcyclists. Sometimes I dont. And sometimes one gives me the middle finger. I'm unsure if it's because they hate Spyders, but it reminds me of when I was working patrol. Before I became disabled. And i really don't mind that feeling. Not one bit.

Texasranger
10-14-2015, 08:08 PM
The reason the wave started as told to us by our instructor in motorcycle riding training/class was that car/tuck drivers miss seeing bikers lots of time and cause wrecks etc. The wave is to reassure the other motorcycle driver...yes...yes..I see you. It's fun as well.