PDA

View Full Version : fog light is done without a hiccup thanks to lamonster's pics

aka1004
01-26-2009, 12:03 AM
finally did fog lights along with amplified speakers
THANK YOU lamonster for pics and info. those made so much more sense than grainy pics on directions. :clap::2thumbs::clap:
fog lights make spyder looks so much better although brightness gain was that much but it should help on visibility.
also installed amplified speakers from DWG for $100 and i believe i got more than my money's worth. mounted on the handle bar with hose clamp and i use my iphone as source.
its little crude but it gets the job done. at surface street speed sound is very good and i start to loose some lyrics at about 65mph.
i powered the tiny amp with accessary outlet but will have to draw directly from battery since i need that outlet to charge my phone.
finally, some tunes!!! completes ryding experience
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes:

oh talon alarm install did not go too well thou
i dont know why but after i connected everything using factory harness,
i connected power line to battery and instant fuse blow out.
tried using the other line for starter relay kill but same result.
tried switching turn light plugs on factory harness but same result.
i do believe it did not matter which one i use out of 2 cable off of starter relay, and also i polarity of turn light did not matter. i tried both ways anyways but no luck.

Lamonster
01-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Glad it help. :thumbup:

bjt
01-26-2009, 08:55 AM
finally did fog lights along with amplified speakers
THANK YOU lamonster for pics and info. those made so much more sense than grainy pics on directions. :clap::2thumbs::clap:
fog lights make spyder looks so much better although brightness gain was that much but it should help on visibility.

Sounds like your ready for the NMN foglight HID upgrade. :D

also installed amplified speakers from DWG for $100 and i believe i got more than my money's worth. mounted on the handle bar with hose clamp and i use my iphone as source.
its little crude but it gets the job done. at surface street speed sound is very good and i start to loose some lyrics at about 65mph.
i powered the tiny amp with accessary outlet but will have to draw directly from battery since i need that outlet to charge my phone.
finally, some tunes!!! completes ryding experience
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes:

I would look into making a switched power bus like a few of us have done. Some did the entire thing themselves for around $20 or less and I bought the Evoluzione Powerbus kit ($75) to gain six fused and switched power taps. I think NMN sells something like this also.

oh talon alarm install did not go too well thou
i dont know why but after i connected everything using factory harness,
i connected power line to battery and instant fuse blow out.
tried using the other line for starter relay kill but same result.
tried switching turn light plugs on factory harness but same result.
i do believe it did not matter which one i use out of 2 cable off of starter relay, and also i polarity of turn light did not matter. i tried both ways anyways but no luck.

I would guess that you got one of the plugs in backwards, the harness got damaged and has a shorted wire or the harness was mis-wired from the factory. :dontknow: