PDA

View Full Version : Dealer and first service.

sidecarrick
10-12-2015, 09:27 AM
I dropped my F3S off at the dealer for it's first service. They told me it might be 2 weeks to get it back!:yikes: Said they only have one mechanic. I'm thinking I need to find a better dealer than where I bought my F3. Any other dealers around Middletown, NY.? I checked the dealer finder on the BRP site and there wern't many listed. I know Bob said there were a few around him. Where are they Bob?

kbwitt
10-12-2015, 10:04 AM
I dropped my F3S off at the dealer for it's first service. They told me it might be 2 weeks to get it back!:yikes: Said they only have one mechanic. I'm thinking I need to find a better dealer than where I bought my F3. Any other dealers around Middletown, NY.? I checked the dealer finder on the BRP site and there wern't many listed. I know Bob said there were a few around him. Where are they Bob?

Most service departments run 2 weeks out. So make an appointment then bring it back. They will only need it a half day, some will want it all day just because they are not good at scheduling or to lazy to.

sidecarrick
10-12-2015, 10:55 AM
They only do first come first serve.

SpyderAnn01
10-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Find another dealer. That is a complete no deal for me, I make an appointment for work to be done, not an appointment to drop it off. I suppose that your dealer never has an off season, they go from boats and PWC, to ATVs to snow machines and they just can't find the time to fit in Spyders. :banghead:

missouriboy
10-12-2015, 11:02 AM
My dealer has but ONE Spyder tech. I make an appointment first, then get service while I wait.

My recent "first service" including a wash job was billed at 2 hours labor, and actually took a little less than that. Here's the list...

OIL AND FILTER CHANGED
AIR FILTER CLEANED
ALL FLUIDS CHECKED & TOPPED OFF
ALL LUG NUTS & BOLTS TIGHTENED
ALL ELECT. IN WORKING ORDER
SET ALL TIRES TO CORRECT PSI
TEST RIDE - SMOOTH RIDE ALL GEARS (comment: yeah, sure, with a cold transmission!)
B.U.D.S NO CODES / RESET SERVICE

WEB-WVR
10-12-2015, 11:36 AM
I have to agree...you make an appointment to have your service done (I always...while I wait), not an appointment to stand in line.

Their IS a problem in some areas around the Country; lack of Dealers, lack of "problemed dealers", lack of skilled mechanics. This is frustrating.

Chupaca
10-12-2015, 01:38 PM
If your current dealer cannot schedule better than that you may have to find a new one. May be a day trip but add a good lunch and it will be worth it...:thumbup:
If you stay with them you should pick your F3 back up and have them call you when they are closer to getting to yours. All shops work off work orders so when your is second up they call and then you bring it in. Your first service can be before or after that 3,000 mile mark...

ARtraveler
10-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Sorry to hear you have encountered another "park and wait a couple weeks" dealer.

Some dealers just do not get the customer service bit. We have one dealer here like that. I did not buy or have any of my five :spyder2::ani29:'s serviced at that dealer. They top it off with a mechanic that does not even know where the battery is found.

At my dealer, I am able to make an appointment, drop it off, and pick it up later in the day. They even give me a ride to/from my home.

I do not think that is to much to expect for service. If the situation ever changes here, I am done with the brand. :yes:

WEB-WVR
10-12-2015, 01:58 PM
You would think a dealership would not have the room to store 2 weeks of work ahead....or that they would want the responsibility or liability to store someones ride that long. "Cant fix stupid" :sour:

flaggerphil
10-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Yup...time to find a new dealer if you can. That's simply absurd. Even the dealer I "fired" a few years ago wasn't THAT bad.

latony007
10-12-2015, 05:07 PM
TWO WEEKS?? Double :yikes:
Thats crazy, id definitely move on. Tell them to call you when they get some more mechanics.

sidecarrick
10-13-2015, 08:25 AM
When I bought my F3S I ordered the saddle bags. After 3 months of waiting I cancelled them and they gave me credit. I thought that would be a good deal to have my services done there and not have to take money out of my pocket. I guess I was wrong. When I get my :spyder2: back I will use up whatever credit I have left on the extended warranty and maybe a new helmet or 2.

cmungen
10-13-2015, 10:07 AM
When I bought my F3S I ordered the saddle bags. After 3 months of waiting I cancelled them and they gave me credit. I thought that would be a good deal to have my services done there and not have to take money out of my pocket. I guess I was wrong. When I get my :spyder2: back I will use up whatever credit I have left on the extended warranty and maybe a new helmet or 2.

Do not give up your extended warranty!
Spyder is complex and expensive to repair

Carl

Bob Denman
10-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Hi Rick
Here's two options:
Klinger PowerSports in Walton NY
607 865 6326
Arctic adventures in Rosendale, NY
845 658 8844

sidecarrick
10-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Do not give up your extended warranty!
Spyder is complex and expensive to repair

Carl

Haven't bought it yet, but will as soon as I get my 3000 mile checkup done. Then good by Cycle Motion.

Cruzr Joe
10-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Haven't bought it yet, but will as soon as I get my 3000 mile checkup done. Then good by Cycle Motion.

Call Vanessa at PitBull Powersports for a great price on an extended BRP warranty 417 863-1418 (it does not matter which dealer you purchase the extended warranty from, it is all a BRP warranty)

Cruzr Joe

Bfromla
10-13-2015, 12:07 PM
& I thought dealer close to me was badnojoke. Longest service per my 23kmiles has been for each of front tires, (3-4hr)most dealers have to take to third party shop, so more to get in way.:banghead: Ive found good shop 100mile out from me that actually has customer service goals:firstplace: is worth the ride,(&lunch out of town) I do make it a point to visit all dealers NSEW of me from time to time to be known & get feel for their service. But I also have nothing to do, allday to get there(after my :cus:incident 2012:barf:) good luck on your search find who local spyders reccomend & DO THE SURVEY! Fyi have had few JD Power surveys mailed after services especially when NEW:popcorn: helps the certifed rating you see online. :thumbup:

sidecarrick
10-14-2015, 10:13 AM
The dealer called me on tues. and told me the bike was ready:yes:. I picked it up today and I am a little impressed. 2 days is better than 2 weeks, so I was worrying for nothing. They charged me 210.00 for the service and 83.00 for the oil kit. Not too bad. I also had 2 keys cut and programmed for 220.00. 50.00 for each key and 100 to program them. They also gave me a check for what they owed me. So all in all a mostly positive experience.:thumbup: Sorry that I was raving about the 2 weeks.

Bob Denman
10-14-2015, 10:21 AM
:2thumbs: Glad to hear that they got you back up on three; much quicker than you anticipated!! :clap:

JCWeatherman
10-14-2015, 10:53 AM
They only do first come first serve.

That's ridiculous.
Find a new dealer.

All the best,
John

ARtraveler
10-14-2015, 02:07 PM
Glad to hear that you are back on the road again.

It is possible that your dealer either read or heard about the comments here and decided to step up the service.

The situation of bring it in and wait two weeks is a very common thing here on SL.

It should not be going on, but it's out there. :thumbup:

Kwalsh
10-14-2015, 07:50 PM
Glad they were able to get you back on the road quickly, up in Albany we only have 1 dealer within an hours ride so we are at their mercy. Thankfully it is a family run dealership that cares about repeat business, my 3rd bike from them