PDA

View Full Version : 6K done

AMTJIM
01-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Just had my 6K done, they said it all looked good, valves were in spec. I was a little irritated with their service. I had asked them to get with BRP on the squeaky brake issue and told them not to change the airfilter since it was a Ken's Race filter. They said nothing could be done according to BRP on the sqeaky brake and offered to order me a new style of pad at my expense, but offered to do the parking brake recall. Mine is the only Spyder they have worked on and after all the discussions we had about leaky stock filter and sand in the clean side of the airbox and JUST(even written on the workorder) telling them not to change the filter...they changed it, put the crappy stock filter in and tossed the Kens filter:banghead:.
They pulled it out of the garbage and said they didn't know:dontknow:, they kept telling me, hey that's just a stock filter:rolleyes:. Then I noticed they broke the little license plate light cover off, but not until I got home...all that was left was a little piece of plastic and a screw. That thing is wide open to shorting out and it's raining here lately, wonder how long to replace it.

BajaRon
01-25-2009, 10:09 PM
As far as I can tell they at least got it right on the Squeeky Brake situation. BRP does offer a quieter pad set now but will not cover anything (parts or labor) for the swap.

As for the rest of your experience... not too good.

If you don't mind, what did you pay for the 6k service?

aka1004
01-26-2009, 12:14 AM
my dealer is doing the brake pad replacement on BRP
BRP is determining NEED for replacement on case by case base and its really up to the dealer to get to BRP to say yes.
when i first asked for new compound pad my dealer said no also but i kept complaining about the squeaks and squeals(2 more times) and my dealer got the BRP techs to give ok to install at no charge. my brake had developed a different noise other than just squeaks anyway.
but your spyder does have to fall in the slot of vin number range.

dryheat
01-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Just had my 6K done, they said it all looked good, valves were in spec. I was a little irritated with their service. I had asked them to get with BRP on the squeaky brake issue and told them not to change the airfilter since it was a Ken's Race filter. They said nothing could be done according to BRP on the sqeaky brake and offered to order me a new style of pad at my expense, but offered to do the parking brake recall. Mine is the only Spyder they have worked on and after all the discussions we had about leaky stock filter and sand in the clean side of the airbox and JUST(even written on the workorder) telling them not to change the filter...they changed it, put the crappy stock filter in and tossed the Kens filter:banghead:.
They pulled it out of the garbage and said they didn't know:dontknow:, they kept telling me, hey that's just a stock filter:rolleyes:. Then I noticed they broke the little license plate light cover off, but not until I got home...all that was left was a little piece of plastic and a screw. That thing is wide open to shorting out and it's raining here lately, wonder how long to replace it.
Hey Jim! I assume you took it into the Ina Road location? Your experience makes me think I might take mine down to 22nd. Mine is due for the 6K service real soon.:spyder:

sleepman
01-26-2009, 04:54 AM
My dealer fixed my squeaky brakes at 6k and said that BRP was covering them under warranty.

bjt
01-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Both dltang and I got our brake squeal fixed but we had to cover the cost of the new brake pads, the dealer got BRP to cover the labor. The service manager did the BRP brake squeal service bulletin (covered by BRP) but instead of cleaning and putting the CRC brake squeal stuff on the old pads, they put on the new pads. I think we paid $150 each for that ($50 per pad set). We weren't too happy to have to pay anything but that subsided eventually after we rode for thousands of miles without any brake squealing. :)