PDA

View Full Version : Unfair advantage

Shiznit98204
10-09-2015, 08:59 PM
So there are Texas police departments that are using F3's as patrol bikes. The police version gets the advantage of turn key on and instant starting. Why can't we get that software mod on our civilian models? It does get frustrating waiting to start my RT. Even when I can put on my helmet and gear faster than it takes for the start process to finish loading.

4 MARIE
10-09-2015, 10:53 PM
Absolutely for ME the biggest frustration with these.

You can "turn key" start every car sold in the last ...forever, years.
But your near 30k motorbike ? Really ????

Chupaca
10-09-2015, 11:50 PM
Not special for them, the F3 comes that way. The RT is notorious for having a long start up program. The RS/GS/RSS all have a shorter start up. Less bells and whistles is one reasons and the F3 falls in that group with the added short cut...:thumbup:

Rogue Hawk
10-10-2015, 12:05 AM
So there are Texas police departments that are using F3's as patrol bikes. The police version gets the advantage of turn key on and instant starting. Why can't we get that software mod on our civilian models? It does get frustrating waiting to start my RT. Even when I can put on my helmet and gear faster than it takes for the start process to finish loading.

I bet they look really cool:doorag:

Bob Denman
10-10-2015, 07:38 AM
Why sweat this sort of thing? :dontknow:
Unless you're planning to use your Spyder as a getaway vehicle; it shouldn't matter.
If you're in THAT much of a hurry to get somewhere; you've missed the point of riding: relaxation... :thumbup:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117711&stc=1

vided
10-10-2015, 07:49 AM
Unless you're planning to use your Spyder as a getaway vehicle; it shouldn't matter.
If you're in THAT much of a hurry to get somewhere; you've missed the point of riding: relaxation... :thumbup:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117711&stc=1

exactly
turn the key,
put reading glasses on
read safety card
put sunglasses on,
put helmet on,
adjust the kids
get on bike
press mode button
press brake
hit starter and we're off.
being #1 to leave makes you the prime target

HIspyder
10-10-2015, 08:11 AM
exactly
turn the key,
put sunglasses on,
put helmet on,
adjust the kids
get on bike
press mode button
press brake

I was so used to the RT delay, which I thought was no big deal, I was actually giving the F3 time before hitting the start button. I still don't feel the need to start as soon as it's possible.

Bob Denman
10-10-2015, 08:13 AM
I was so used to the RT delay, which I thought was no big deal, I was actually giving the F3 time before hitting the start button. I still don't feel the need to start as soon as it's possible.
You just need a little nit more caffeine; it'll help to bring you up to speed quicker! :D

ndspyderlover
10-10-2015, 09:07 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117711&stc=1I use the delay time to adjust myself on the bike, gather my thoughts together and say a little prayer for a safe , trouble free ryde.

Pampurrs
10-10-2015, 10:29 AM
Don't forget to read the safety card :lecturef_smilie:

exactly
turn the key,
put sunglasses on,
put helmet on,
adjust the kids
get on bike
press mode button
press brake

vided
10-10-2015, 10:52 AM

Fixed. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

TommyBwell
10-10-2015, 12:21 PM
IMO waiting because you want to is fine but waiting because you have to for a ridiculous reason sucks.

WA5VHU
10-10-2015, 05:53 PM
I don't know what the problem is you all are complaining about. I hop on my Spyder, put the key in the ignition and turn it on, immediately press the mode button, then immediately press the starter and it starts! Don't know why the rest of you are so slow...

:shocked: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Absolutely for ME the biggest frustration with these.

You can "turn key" start every car sold in the last ...forever, years.
But your near 30k motorbike ? Really ????
Like I used to tell my kids, "You can't have everything!":yikes::banghead:

Bob Denman
10-11-2015, 08:23 AM
IMO waiting because you want to is fine but waiting because you have to for a ridiculous reason sucks.
You don't actually HAVE to...
This may sound trite, but nobody made you buy the Spyder.
There are lots of other bikes out there.
It's a compromise that you make, in order to ride these bikes... :thumbup:

Upstater
10-11-2015, 08:58 AM
:dontknow:
On my 2012 RT, by the time I turn the key to the ON position, get my helmet and gloves on, connect my GPS, do a walk around... the big bronze machine is ready for ignition and waiting for me!
:bbq::trike:

Synthetic
10-12-2015, 04:39 PM

Safety Card?
Hehehehehe

latony007
10-12-2015, 04:56 PM
i want a picture of the police spyder!

robtdonna
10-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Got used to it on my 2014 RT. Turn on key then by time I get helmet on and mount up its ready to start, no biggie.

Bob Denman
10-12-2015, 05:35 PM
You can get one of those on your own. :thumbup:
Just do something out on the Highway, that gets their attention! :shocked:

Pampurrs
10-12-2015, 09:04 PM

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117873&stc=1

latony007
10-12-2015, 09:16 PM

LOL thats pretty cool, leave it to TX. And they use the RT versions so they can still arrest someone and throw them on the back :roflblack:

ThreeWheels
10-12-2015, 09:57 PM

I agree. I don't understand why the wait is required. My car has ABS and Fuel Injection. I start the engine and it goes through a diagnostic after it starts.
The wait can be particularly frustrating if you're in a group of riders and they are ready to go.
Can the wait be managed...................sure. But what's the advantage of the forced wait ?
And if they can eliminate it in the F3, why not the RT as well ?

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-12-2015, 11:17 PM

LOL thats pretty cool, leave it to TX. And they use the RT versions so they can still arrest someone and throw them on the back :roflblack:
Oops. TX has counties, not parishes. Terrebonne Parish is in Louisiana!!!

Motorcycledave
10-12-2015, 11:36 PM
For the life of me.... I can not see any advantage of the police using the Spyders for patrol use
The motor officers must have the ability to go in between cars to get ahead of them in an emergency
and going to a call, the Spyder is limited to the same traffic lane as the cars are, they can not split lanes
they are about the size of a small car... as much as I love my Spyder I do not feel they will ever replace the
motorcycle for police use, I think they would be a nice addition to the fleet for other uses.
Dave

KennW
10-13-2015, 02:02 AM

Regards
Kenn

mikehsanders
10-13-2015, 07:57 AM
If the Spyder RT hasn't been off too long, roughly less than five minutes, mine will start up with no delay.