PDA

View Full Version : SpyderQuest 2016

rnet
10-09-2015, 02:30 PM
SpyderQuest (https://www.facebook.com/pages/SpyderQuest/547568258662578?fref=photo)

Are we live yet, yes we are! The Dates for SpyderQuest 2016 are 9/7/16 - 9/10/16 with some vendors up and operational the afternoon of 9/6/16. Lots of surprises in the works and some I have info now, but let me get the motel info out so you get your end going and for those that have to get time off.
GEL will again be the host hotel at $104+tax/night and the online code is 090616SPYD. http://ww...w.sixflagsgreatescapelodge.com/ (http://www.sixflagsgreatescapelodge.com/)
Ramada is also the overflow host hotel again. Call for reservations and tell them you are there for SpyderQuest 2016.http://www.ramada.com/hotels/new-york/queensbury/ramada-glens-falls-lake-george-area/hotel-overview There direct # is 518-793-7701 to call in your reservation and the room rate there remained at $99+tax/night.
These rates are only available to registered SpyderQuest guests. We have not had a problem with this yet, but we are now able make sure it does not become one. Since having enough rooms could become an issue, we sure don't want someone else not involved, in them. Speaking of rooms we have been able to add 25 rooms to are count this year.
A few things new to our guests this year. Closing will be at the theme park across the street from GEL, a stones through from the Giant wheel posted below and SpyderQuest registered guests will be able to ride it and get a few picture from high above free at the start of the closing ceremony. We have access to 2 huge pavilions there, one of which will house our rides if weather is bad. Another thing GEL has made available is the water park on Wednesday from 3pm to 7pm to everyone with a SpyderQuest 2016 lanyard and it doesn't matter where you are staying. How cool is that? Meet and greet will remain on Wednesday. Friday evening we our looking to add an event to share with the dinner cruise. Looking at adding a few more rides, I can think of 3 already.
SpyderQuest by many of our guests is know as the "best spyder event in the country" and some now are saying the "world", and I believe we are the second largest. What ever it is to you, we are doing whatever we can to raise everyone's bar year to year.
Hope to see you there.
Ronald Netzley

eagleeye299
10-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Room all booked!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

robmorg
10-09-2015, 02:48 PM
The Quest continues... http://robmorgan.net/img-sm/applaude.gif

...thanks to you, Bill, Chuck, and all the rest of the group who work so hard to make it all so much fun for the rest of us. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-09-2015, 02:56 PM
:agree: Rob said it all... Thanks, guys! :2thumbs:

Charlottes Web
10-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Room booked :f_spider:
September 6-11 2016

ThreeWheels
10-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Reservation for two made.
When can I register ?
Oh sorry, am I jumping the gun ?

Roadster Renovations
10-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Wife says we have to go! It's our anniversary and she loves Lake George!!
Count Roadster Renovations in!!

FieldTester
10-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Thanks Ron,
Booked Sept. 8-10th at six flags for me and Val.

LOVETHERIDE
10-09-2015, 05:32 PM
LOVE THE RIDE aka Joel & Alice FitzGerald have booked our room at GEL..... excited for next September to arrive.:yes::opps::yes:

spydaman60
10-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Reservation for two made.
When can I register ?
Oh sorry, am I jumping the gun ?we're a few months out steve. need to get contracts signed for extra side venues, rides in place with any fees or permits, etc, etc.:thumbup:

spydaman60
10-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Wife says we have to go! It's our anniversary and she loves Lake George!!
Count Roadster Renovations in!! hey doc, you just going to have fun or are you going to bring some product with you? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

rnet
10-09-2015, 06:12 PM
looks like product, the way I read it.

Deanna777
10-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Ron,
Thanks for the info. I have already put in for the days off( I got approval for the days off WOHOO!!!!)

Looking forward to seeing everyone new/old spyder riders, and making more new friends. WOHOO
Deanna

coastrider
10-09-2015, 06:33 PM
We wouldn't miss it! I'm looking forward to it already. Thanks for all of your work in making SpyderQuest the premier Spyder event!

Deanna777
10-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Reservations made @ GEL from 9/6/16 to 9/11/16.

Looking forward to an other Awesome Spyderquest 2016 WOHOO

Deanna

Upstater
10-09-2015, 07:20 PM
All booked AND ready to volunteer on the committee. Already planning some new "surprises" for 2016!!
:popcorn::chat::popcorn:

ROB K
10-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the info Ron.
You and the committee didn't waste anytime getting things started up again. Thanks again for making this bigger and better every year. And by the looks of the posts coming in the Spyder family can't wait to sign up. I just booked my wife and I in. See you all in September 2016

Tazzel
10-09-2015, 08:45 PM
way way way to far

Roadster Renovations
10-09-2015, 08:48 PM
hey doc, you just going to have fun or are you going to bring some product with you? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

We will bring goodies!! Now that we have the toy hauler we can bring lots of stuff! Looking forward to it!! We will have all of the regular goodies, be doing the Stiffener try it before you buy it program, and I have one if not two special projects that I am really excited about we will be working on this winter!!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117702&stc=1

bscrive
10-09-2015, 08:51 PM
We had to cancel this year, but we will be there next year. Thanks for all your work guys, and gals. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

spydaman60
10-09-2015, 09:23 PM
All booked AND ready to volunteer on the committee. Already planning some new "surprises" for 2016!!
:popcorn::chat::popcorn:welcome to the committee upstater. the ideas are burning inside you. that's what we need and want, "new blood"!:thumbup:thanks for stepping up to the plate!!:thumbup:

spydaman60
10-09-2015, 09:36 PM
We will bring goodies!! Now that we have the toy hauler we can bring lots of stuff! Looking forward to it!! We will have all of the regular goodies, be doing the Stiffener try it before you buy it program, and I have one if not two special projects that I am really excited about we will be working on this winter!!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117702&stc=1now that's got to be a first. a vendor committing on date release day! gotta love it. welcome aboard doc!!

ThreeWheels
10-09-2015, 09:36 PM
we're a few months out steve. need to get contracts signed for extra side venues, rides in place with any fees or permits, etc, etc.:thumbup:

Well, OK Chuck. I'll wait, but I've never been good at delayed gratification.
Still this is well worth waiting for !!!

Trbayth
10-10-2015, 12:13 PM
way way way to far

This year we had a couple from Montana.

Just sayin'

Deanna777
10-10-2015, 04:33 PM
When the flyers are ready ( with the info.) and posted on this site, I will print some off and distribute to the Can-Am dealership here in Vermont, like I did this year. Deanna

otter28169
10-10-2015, 09:34 PM
This year we had a couple from Montana.

Just sayin'

And Nolimitz came up from Texas

Just sayin'............

ravseren
10-10-2015, 09:49 PM
How come this is a weekday event, and not a weekend thing?

spydermanstever
10-10-2015, 09:52 PM
SpyderQuest (https://www.facebook.com/pages/SpyderQuest/547568258662578?fref=photo)

Are we live yet, yes we are! The Dates for SpyderQuest 2016 are 9/7/16 - 9/10/16 with some vendors up and operational the afternoon of 9/6/16. Lots of surprises in the works and some I have info now, but let me get the motel info out so you get your end going and for those that have to get time off.
GEL will again be the host hotel at $104+tax/night and the online code is 090616SPYD. http://ww...w.sixflagsgreatescapelodge.com/ (http://www.sixflagsgreatescapelodge.com/)
Ramada is also the overflow host hotel again. Call for reservations and tell them you are there for SpyderQuest 2016.http://www.ramada.com/hotels/new-york/queensbury/ramada-glens-falls-lake-george-area/hotel-overview There direct # is 518-793-7701 to call in your reservation and the room rate there remained at $99+tax/night.
These rates are only available to registered SpyderQuest guests. We have not had a problem with this yet, but we are now able make sure it does not become one. Since having enough rooms could become an issue, we sure don't want someone else not involved, in them. Speaking of rooms we have been able to add 25 rooms to are count this year.
A few things new to our guests this year. Closing will be at the theme park across the street from GEL, a stones through from the Giant wheel posted below and SpyderQuest registered guests will be able to ride it and get a few picture from high above free at the start of the closing ceremony. We have access to 2 huge pavilions there, one of which will house our rides if weather is bad. Another thing GEL has made available is the water park on Wednesday from 3pm to 7pm to everyone with a SpyderQuest 2016 lanyard and it doesn't matter where you are staying. How cool is that? Meet and greet will remain on Wednesday. Friday evening we our looking to add an event to share with the dinner cruise. Looking at adding a few more rides, I can think of 3 already.
SpyderQuest by many of our guests is know as the "best spyder event in the country" and some now are saying the "world", and I believe we are the second largest. What ever it is to you, we are doing whatever we can to raise everyone's bar year to year.
Hope to see you there.
Ronald Netzley

For the newbies like me that are not familiar with "SpyderQuest", check out the website www.spyderquest.com (http://www.spyderquest.com).

bill pitman
10-11-2015, 06:04 AM
How come this is a weekday event, and not a weekend thing?

With all that we do,
you can't cram it into a weekend....
However, Saturday there are rides, and Farkle Bingo at the Closing Ceremony!

Bill Pitman
NY Spyderquest Riders, SpyderQuest member

spydaman60
10-11-2015, 06:34 AM
How come this is a weekday event, and not a weekend thing?it is wednesday thru saturday. for those that come for friday and saturday it is fun, but for those that come wednesday thru saturday, it's a lot more fun!! now take some time off and come up and have some fun!!

spydaman60
10-11-2015, 06:39 AM
How come this is a weekday event, and not a weekend thing?it is a four day event. for those that can only come on friday and saturday, we have plenty to do. for those that can come for all four days, we keep them busy too! there is just too much to do in two days!! :thumbup:

Spyder ri
10-11-2015, 06:54 AM
I'll be there. It's a great event.

Peoriafirefighter
10-11-2015, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=rnet;1047190]SpyderQuest (https://www.facebook.com/pages/SpyderQuest/547568258662578?fref=photo)

Ramada is also the overflow host hotel again. Call for reservations and tell them you are there for SpyderQuest 2016.http://www.ramada.com/hotels/new-york/queensbury/ramada-glens-falls-lake-george-area/hotel-overview There direct # is 518-793-7701 (tel:518-793-7701) to call in your reservation and the room rate there remained at $99+tax/night.
Hope to see you there.

Just Booked so I'll see you next year Ron, let the dancing begin!!!

Haze
10-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Title says it all. I'm into travel and pitching a tent at days end.:2thumbs:
I will be (hopefully) riding from Pittsburgh, PA.
I'm new to the site. I haven't seen many posts related to tents
or trailers for Camping.

rnet
10-11-2015, 05:32 PM
We have not finalized the host campgrounds as of yet. When we do it will be posted.

Deanna777
10-11-2015, 06:23 PM
it is a four day event. for those that can only come on friday and saturday, we have plenty to do. for those that can come for all four days, we keep them busy too! there is just too much to do in two days!! :thumbup::agree: :agree::agree::agree: :yes::yes::yes: Deanna

J48cruiser
10-11-2015, 06:42 PM
made my reservations today looking forward to a great event

viperryder
10-12-2015, 06:19 AM
Made reservations Friday. Will be there all four days. Looking forward to the event.:yes::yes:

bbodah
10-12-2015, 05:03 PM
Cindy made our reservations! Bigger and badder again I bet! Have a good winter everyone!:b2b:

spydaman60
10-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Cindy made our reservations! Bigger and badder again I bet! Have a good winter everyone!:b2b:and it goes without saying, "you're a vendor again, correct mr. bad to the bone?"

bbodah
10-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Of Course Mr. Bergeron! It will be my pleasure and honor! Maybe we can come up with more ideas and product. Thanks for having us. I will be checking with Devin to see if we can help from our side in NH.:thumbup:

Deanna777
10-12-2015, 06:31 PM
I'll be there. It's a great event.Yes, it is an Awesome Event! This year was my 3rd year. Deanna

spydaman60
10-13-2015, 02:28 PM
Of Course Mr. Bergeron! It will be my pleasure and honor! Maybe we can come up with more ideas and product. Thanks for having us. I will be checking with Devin to see if we can help from our side in NH.:thumbup:we now have our second vendor committed. way to go web-boards!! four years for web-boards donating and vending!!! thank you bill bodah!!

Brentc
10-13-2015, 04:57 PM
Just booked my wife and I for 9/7- 9/10. Can't wait to meet everyone, really looking forward to a great time.

snics
10-18-2015, 09:37 PM
Hotel all booked for SpyderQuest 2016. :yes::yes:
See you there.
Hope the winter will go fast.

Lynda & Silvano

rnet
10-20-2015, 02:46 PM
11 days since I announced the dates for SpyderQuest and over half of the rooms at GEL are booked already. :yes::yes::yes:

Spyder Smyles
10-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Room is booked at the Host Hotel and we are so looking forward to attending our first Spyder event. Come on 2016......:yes::dg2:

snics
10-20-2015, 03:33 PM
11 days since I announced the dates for SpyderQuest and over half of the rooms at GEL are booked already. :yes::yes::yes:

You may just need a 3rd hotel.... :roflblack::roflblack:

coastrider
10-20-2015, 03:48 PM
Grabbed our room today, wouldn't miss it!

Teddybear2014
10-20-2015, 05:53 PM

Hope to see you there.
Ronald Netzley

Booked our camp site at Moose Hilock Campground since we will be bringing the RV

bscrive
10-20-2015, 08:05 PM
We just booked the GEL. We will be there on the Thursday. :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Trbayth
10-20-2015, 08:10 PM
Done

Does GEL always bang you for one nights deposit ahead of time?

bscrive
10-20-2015, 08:13 PM
Done

They did last year.

spydaman60
10-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Done

Does GEL always bang you for one nights deposit ahead of time?most hotels do when booked this far in advance at a reduced price.! they are no different.:thumbup:

Phantom888
10-22-2015, 06:04 AM
Sherri and I are now booked. We will be there sometime tuesday and booked till sunday morning. Now the wait till next year.:shocked::shocked:

rnet
10-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Awesome Tim, now to thing of some chores for the both of you.:thumbup::roflblack::roflblack:

POPEYEART
10-22-2015, 12:27 PM
BARBARA AND MYSELF ARE NOW BOOKED FOR 2016 SPYDERQUEST, 4TH YEAR NOW, KEEPS GETTING BETTER
CANT WAIT --- WILL BE IN ON THE 5TH SEPT. THRU THE 11TH, :clap::clap::clap::yes::yes::yes:

Deanna777
10-22-2015, 01:24 PM
Done

Does GEL always bang you for one nights deposit ahead of time? I registered for next year, and they did this. Deanna

Spyder ri
10-24-2015, 06:48 AM
I just booked my room at the GEL. In case anyone was worried about me. [emoji1][emoji1]

oldguyinTX
10-24-2015, 09:57 AM
Done

And they did not disclose when I made our reservation for SQ 2015 that there is a $25.00 cancellation fee. Found that out when I cancelled in July due to my wife's broken leg.

Copperman
10-24-2015, 10:23 AM
And they did not disclose when I made our reservation for SQ 2015 that there is a $25.00 cancellation fee. Found that out when I cancelled in July due to my wife's broken leg.

I had to cancel in 2014 and they kept $25.00. I then called their billing department and asked if they would refund my $25.00. Without hesitation, it was refunded. Sometimes you just have to ask.

I made SQ 2015 and had a great time!

Phantom888
10-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Sometimes you just have to look at the fine print. All of that information is listed in the "FAQ" section. :shocked:

Trbayth
10-24-2015, 06:36 PM
I think it's the difference between a resort and a regular hotel. GEL is a resort. Most regular hotels don't automatically charge you for the first night's stay. They will charge you one night if you don't cancel before 6:00 PM the day you're scheduled to check in.

And I saw the $25 cancellation fee. Even with that I'd rather stay at GEL than the Ramada. The Ramada was, IMO, a bit of a dump and badly in need of a renovation.

10-26-2015, 03:27 PM
Just booked 2 rooms at Gel for Wed.-Sat. nights

ThreeWheels
10-26-2015, 05:15 PM
I think it's the difference between a resort and a regular hotel. GEL is a resort. Most regular hotels don't automatically charge you for the first night's stay. They will charge you one night if you don't cancel before 6:00 PM the day you're scheduled to check in.

And I saw the $25 cancellation fee. Even with that I'd rather stay at GEL than the Ramada. The Ramada was, IMO, a bit of a dump and badly in need of a renovation.

The Comfort Suites from the year before was quite excellent. And a very nice breakfast buffet, including omelets was included.

armyspydervet
11-22-2015, 07:27 PM
My room is booked. Will be my first Spyder event. Really looking forward to it. :cheers::chat:

oldguyinTX
11-23-2015, 12:31 PM
Val says we can go, so room booked at GEL. Looking forward to seeing old friends & making new ones.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120178&stc=1