PDA

View Full Version : newby question questions

Devious56
10-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Since I've only had my RTL for a couple of weeks, this morning was the first time I've ridden it in the dark. I'd like to know about the lighting of handlebar controls, specifically the left hand side.
The area where the high beam, turn signal, and horn button is. Is this area lighted as well as the rest of the controls (electronic control center) is? Mine is not lighted at all in the outer area.

Also, I was reading some posts about mods that were made, and ran across one that explained about using black reflective tape on the back for better recognition at night. Of course I forgot to note where this post was or by whom. Can anyone help me out, I'd like to do that very thing to improve the visablity. :banghead:

Thanks,
David

Chupaca
10-07-2015, 04:39 PM
but it does seem some of the controls are not back lit. Does make it a bit tougher and as for the reflective tapes you can get them online or locally at your autoparts stores...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately; the controls out by the grips are not illuminated... :shocked: :banghead:
We usually suggest LOTS of practice with finding them, so that it becomes second-nature for your fingers to fall where they need to... :thumbup:
I STLL hit the horn while cancelling a turnsignal every once in a while... :opps:

remark2013
10-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Unfortunately; the controls out by the grips are not illuminated... :shocked: :banghead:
We usually suggest LOTS of practice with finding them, so that it becomes second-nature for your fingers to fall where they need to... :thumbup:
I STLL hit the horn while cancelling a turnsignal every once in a while... :opps:

Been on my RTL for 12 months and 12,000 mi. and still on occasion honk the horn when I try to use the turn signal!:banghead: :roflblack:

Makes me laugh at myself!

Bob Denman
10-07-2015, 05:17 PM
I've learned to consider it to be kind of like firing a, "warning shot"... :roflblack:

Devious56
10-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Well than, I guess there isn't anything wrong with mine. It just seemed odd at the time, in six months I guess I won't even think about it. Thanks for all your replies, it's nice to know there is a place to go for help

David

ARtraveler
10-07-2015, 10:14 PM
Well than, I guess there isn't anything wrong with mine. It just seemed odd at the time, in six months I guess I won't even think about it. Thanks for all your replies, it's nice to know there is a place to go for help

David

:welcome: to the party. They got your question covered.

PatriotRider
10-07-2015, 10:20 PM
I thought the design of the machine was to warn other drivers when a turn signal was activated or canceled...you mean it's not
:ohyea:

Bob Denman
10-08-2015, 07:32 AM
This is one of the reasons why Spyder Ryders don't wave:
They'll never get their hand back in the right place, and the controls will be forever lost to them! :shocked:

Roadster Renovations
10-08-2015, 07:42 AM
:welcome: Give it some time and you'll be easily hitting the horn to turn off the turn signals like the rest of us!!

Bob Denman
10-08-2015, 07:55 AM
:D Did you ever raise your windshield, while trying to lower the volume on your radio? :opps:

2ndChildhood
10-08-2015, 08:08 AM
And I thought I was getting that "old timer" disease.

ToM
Life is Great
Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD