PDA

View Full Version : Too "cool" Harley rider

Roadster Renovations
10-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Had a little chuckle while ago. Was out on the RT on an errand and pulled up beside a Sportster. He was going straight and I was turning left and we both were stuck at the light. I noticed he didn't want to acknowledge me, you know how some of those riders are, but he kept glancing at the bike out of the corner of his eye. Just before the light turned I looked over and hollered at him that his left turn signal was on. He looked at me, never said a word and rode off. I noticed that he turned his signal off. I thought, you know it's really hard to be cool when you pull a rookie mistake like a turn signal....<GRIN>

At least our TS cancellers work most of time!!

jerpinoy
10-07-2015, 03:53 PM
He probably wish he have his foot off the ground.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack ::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-07-2015, 04:31 PM
:D I like to let them just ride off; blissful in their ignorance! :2thumbs:

ChrisDeck
10-07-2015, 05:04 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117569&stc=1

Bob Denman
10-07-2015, 05:08 PM
Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
9. Leather and studs make it too heavy to raise arm.
8. Refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.
5. Angry because they just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.
4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by Honda.
3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.
1. They're too tired from spending hours polishing all that chrome to lift their arms.

cuznjohn
10-07-2015, 05:24 PM
i love when i go out and where i go there are tons of harleys, so if i get a spot right in the middle of them i park there, and my bike gets all the looks. but i will say i have always wanted a harley, but i am not comfortable on them

Bob Denman
10-07-2015, 05:33 PM
:agree: They do have, "The Look" pretty well-figured out. :thumbup:

ChrisDeck
10-07-2015, 05:37 PM
i love when i go out and where i go there are tons of harleys, so if i get a spot right in the middle of them i park there, and my bike gets all the looks. but i will say i have always wanted a harley, but i am not comfortable on them

That's exactly what I WILL do when our F3's come in. Honestly, I've never really liked Harley's as I always liked something a little unique. About 3 years ago we moved to Texas and that prior year we decided to sell all of my toys. Airplane(very sad day, but pocket book was happy) and my bike. After moving here I had the itch and actually made the decision to buy an Indian Special Edition Bomber Series in green. It was my aviation blood running through me. Fortunately(now), I didn't get one because no dealer had one and their wasn't a used one for sale. From there I really started looking hard at the Suzuki M109R but ultimately never bought. Now - I'm super stoked to get the F3's for me and my wife. Great looking, unique, safety features(including 3 wheels) and my wife and I can ride them together. No way would she ever buy herself a bike.

uralski
10-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
9. Leather and studs make it too heavy to raise arm.
8. Refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.
5. Angry because they just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.
4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by Honda.
3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.
1. They're too tired from spending hours polishing all that chrome to lift their arms.

Last time I checked, a RT limited cost more than a Harley E-Glide Ultra.

Mazo EMS2
10-07-2015, 09:15 PM
I kinda like to be a bit unique as well, and the Spyder offers that. Seems the H/D crowd all wanna "look the look". That is a big turn-off to me, but to each his own I guess. I don't believe I have EVER seen a H/D rider without black on, or at least two layers of H/D garb on. I wear gear that is non specific because I wanna be protected. Never understood the need to wear all the garb...and then NOT wear a helmet. I suppose it's an image thing. Again....whatever. he was clearly TOO COOL for ya.

Mazo EMS2
10-07-2015, 09:16 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117569&stc=1

I'd share the crap outta this if it was spelled correctly....LOL

DrewNJ
10-07-2015, 09:18 PM
So I guess you are the to "cool" spyder rider starting a thread about leaving the turn signal on? [emoji57]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DrewNJ
10-07-2015, 09:19 PM
I kinda like to be a bit unique as well, and the Spyder offers that. Seems the H/D crowd all wanna "look the look". That is a big turn-off to me, but to each his own I guess. I don't believe I have EVER seen a H/D rider without black on, or at least two layers of H/D garb on. I wear gear that is non specific because I wanna be protected. Never understood the need to wear all the garb...and then NOT wear a helmet. I suppose it's an image thing. Again....whatever. he was clearly TOO COOL for ya.
I see just as many can am clowns wearing all their can am garb too....

Some of you really need to get over yourselves...[emoji106]

ARtraveler
10-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Those who do not wish to engage in camaraderie are welcome to keep to themselves. No problem. They go their way, and I go mine.

PaladinLV
10-07-2015, 11:53 PM
If he was really "cool" he would have acknowledged you AND thanked you!

The first thing I learned when I bought my very first Harley was regardless of make & model Biker Brotherhood.
Like our public schools, guess they don't teach anything anymore :(

AJ

Had a little chuckle while ago. Was out on the RT on an errand and pulled up beside a Sportster. He was going straight and I was turning left and we both were stuck at the light. I noticed he didn't want to acknowledge me, you know how some of those riders are, but he kept glancing at the bike out of the corner of his eye. Just before the light turned I looked over and hollered at him that his left turn signal was on. He looked at me, never said a word and rode off. I noticed that he turned his signal off. I thought, you know it's really hard to be cool when you pull a rookie mistake like a turn signal....<GRIN>

loisk
10-08-2015, 12:11 AM

spelled OR spelt ?

Dubliner
10-08-2015, 01:57 AM
I was very disappointed with the first chopped Harley I saw. It had a bates headlight and a Maltese cross tail lamp and side cut pipes. Once started it sounded like a Honda 50 with a rusty pipe!!
Sad

vided
10-08-2015, 06:46 AM

i'm a smelling wiz :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117597&stc=1

Bob Denman
10-08-2015, 07:17 AM
i'm a smelling wiz :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117597&stc=1

BOOM!! Chaka-Laka!! :ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

:clap:

bscrive
10-08-2015, 07:20 AM

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117599&stc=1 :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-08-2015, 07:28 AM
so what do harley's think of victory's & indian's?

Bob Denman
10-08-2015, 07:33 AM
Do you mean Polaris? :D
They probably lump them in with the SlingShot...

jmbiii
10-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Not the best Photoshop job . . . . . . but

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117601&stc=1

Tango
10-08-2015, 08:26 AM
While at the "Dragon" 3 weeks ago. Stopped in the shop to buy "the shirt". Guy on a Harley drops his bike right along side of me. Hurts his leg and can't even help raise his bike. Another guy helping us raise the bike was his riding buddy. He yells over to his injured friend, "that's the second time today you dropped the f ing thing. Get a trike already"! :roflblack: He couldn't pick up his 900lb. bike. Butt, he was riding it. :roflblack: :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

jaherbst
10-08-2015, 09:35 AM
I see just as many can am clowns wearing all their can am garb too....

Some of you really need to get over yourselves...[emoji106]

I totally agree! Take a good look at yourselves. Here we are a bunch of mostly over the hill geezers that love to bash other brands. Continuous "Harley Bashing" is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black. I really think it has to be jealousy. Why else would you even waste your time putting someone else down.

Jack

Bob Denman
10-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Hi Jack,
You are correct; of course!
I prefer to respond with respect for the other guy; until I am insulted by their actions... :shocked:
That's when things can get... "interesting!" :D
By and large; Harley riders have been very kind and supportive of my choice.
As have GoldWing riders...
And BMW owners...
cruisers of all brands...
And dual-purpose types too!
The only really negative comments that I heard or saw, were from a kid on a Yamaha 600cc sportbike...

ChrisDeck
10-08-2015, 10:44 AM

LOL - Best I could find already done on google images!

robmorg
10-08-2015, 01:27 PM
So I guess you are the to "cool" spyder rider starting a thread about leaving the turn signal on? [emoji57] I hear ya, Doug. But IMHO, Doc has a valid, and interesting, point. As everyone knows, there is that certain class of Harley riders that go way out of their way not to acknowledge anyone they consider not to be riding a "real bike". Some go to such great lengths to do it, it makes 'em look downright silly. There aren't as many of these guys riding these days as their used to be, but we've all seen them. Sometimes, when I encounter one of those guys I find myself chuckling a bit, like Doc did. Mostly I just ignore 'em back.

vided
10-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Not the best Photoshop job . . . . . . but

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117601&stc=1

That boat left the dock hours ago. :thumbup::thumbup:

ARtraveler
10-08-2015, 01:40 PM
So, what are you folks going to say about someone like me when I put my "clown" suit on?

I drive a First Gear. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

1-800-GRAB-A-SNICKERS :yes:

Roadster Renovations
10-08-2015, 01:44 PM
A person cannot make someone else do something. Only thing you can do is take the higher moral road. I didn't chide this guy or make fun of him. I waited plenty long for him to figure out it was on by himself before telling him. It might be possible I might have saved some cager from turning in front of him down the way thinking he was turning. Might have saved his life....never know. Thing is, I would do the same thing again even knowing the outcome. That what makes me me. I do stuff like that all the time. Just like waving. I am acknowledging them and the ryde. If they choose to not wave back, that's on them, not me...

robmorg
10-08-2015, 01:59 PM
So, what are you folks going to say about someone like me when I put on my "clown" suit?
Probably the same thing we say now when you ride in your moose suit. :duh:

:roflblack::roflblack:

coastrider
10-08-2015, 04:29 PM
For a bunch of "rugged individualists" some of you have a very small tolerance for the choices of other riders. The general public can't make the very basic distinctions between an outlaw club and an HRCA chapter, but we're busy dividing ourselves over black leather vests and logo shirts while our right to ride is being eroded by a piss poor public image. As for me, if a fellow rider needs assistance from me he's got it, no matter what he rides, and I'll offer it without snickering about his bike, his skills, or his clothing.

Mazo EMS2
10-08-2015, 05:13 PM
I totally agree! Take a good look at yourselves. Here we are a bunch of mostly over the hill geezers that love to bash other brands. Continuous "Harley Bashing" is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black. I really think it has to be jealousy. Why else would you even waste your time putting someone else down.

Jack

Because...they make it sooooo easy! LOL. it's like wearing bullseyes...dozens of bullseyes. I can't even find a Spyder shirt I like anywhere. But when I do, I'm wearin' that sucker EVERY time I ride.

coz
10-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Because...they make it sooooo easy! LOL. it's like wearing bullseyes...dozens of bullseyes. I can't even find a Spyder shirt I like anywhere. But when I do, I'm wearin' that sucker EVERY time I ride.
You sound just like one of the guys you are ragging on.

DrewNJ
10-08-2015, 09:01 PM
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] SO TRUE!![emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

SPYDERGUY1
10-08-2015, 09:12 PM
I WILL BACK THAT UP 120 PERCENT, A brother/ sister in need REGARDLESS OF THE RIDE will get my assistance and hopefully the same would go the other way. REMEMBER IT IS THAT YOU RIDE, and not what you ride. I have even stopped in my truck to offer assistance to NON SPYDER RIDERS, who really gives a S***. Just my 2 cents worth.

Bob Denman
10-09-2015, 07:17 AM
:agree: Thank you... :clap::clap:

But sometimes; we can ALL get just a bit too full of ourselves... :D

Bob Denman
10-09-2015, 07:18 AM
So, what are you folks going to say about someone like me when I put my "clown" suit on? 1-800-GRAB-A-SNICKERS :yes:

:nopic: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117640&stc=1

Helpmemakeit
10-09-2015, 09:44 AM
I've had bikes since high school. Including 3 Harleys. I wave to all 2 & 3 wheelers. Heck, I even wave to mopeds. :thumbup:

trikermutha
10-09-2015, 10:46 AM
I ride in full black leather..Same as when I had the HOG... Doesn't stop me from riding as long as I am warm and comfortable..Wear/ride whatever you like..:thumbup:

DrewNJ
10-09-2015, 12:03 PM
........ Heck, I even wave to mopeds. [emoji106]

Me too!!....[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Mazo EMS2
10-09-2015, 03:46 PM

Easy to miss sarcasm online I guess...:joke:

NorCalBud
10-09-2015, 06:48 PM

Doc, I enjoyed this story!
I know I've had more than my share if similar experiences with "those riders" who are afraid to acknowledge the existence of a Spyder or God Forbid...Let you pass them! :yikes:Almost like they would lose their right to ride if they did. It just makes me smile!
It's nice that you took the high road and represented us well.
Thank you!

Rogue Hawk
10-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Was it this guy?

tehrlich
10-10-2015, 09:32 PM
I don't know if I'm unique in this, but I never liked motorcycles, until I saw a Spyder. I NEVER had any interest until I saw a Spyder.

So, I don't give a flip if someone waves at me or not. I'm not worried about the "movie" going on in their head. However, if they are waving to me and my badass, kickass, threewheeledass Spyder, I gladly wave back.

BUT, I ALWAYS WAVE BACK WITH THREE FINGERS! :yes:

Bswank
10-10-2015, 10:09 PM
It's not what you ride it's that you ride.:yes: Everyone misses a wave now and then.

JCWeatherman
10-11-2015, 07:21 AM
INCIDENT #1
I had a guy with a Harley shirt walk up to me and criticize me for riding a Spyder. He said "You might as well just get a car." My wife and I climbed on the Spyder and rode off. He and his wife climbed in their Chevy. Hmmmm....

INCIDENT #2
My wife and I were at an evening event at a well-known botanical garden in PA. There were several well-groomed people wearing their Harley garb. As we were leaving, I noticed that there were no Harleys in the parking lot. My wife and I climbed on the Spyder and rode off.

Harley is a culture. A very successful culture. The culture secures the future of the brand. Can-Am has not yet achieved the cultural status, but it is heading that direction. If Can-Am can continue to grow the culture, the brand will grow and it will benefit all who love their Spyders. BUT, if you don't climb on and ride, all you have is a T-shirt.

All the best,
John

Bob Denman
10-11-2015, 08:36 AM
:dontknow: Haters just gotta hate... :dontknow:

I've rubbed up against your first scenario a couple of times...
Once; I had a fellow try to berate me for not riding a Harley; a REAL bike!
When I asked him what he rode; He answered that he didn't actually have a bike. :shocked:
My response?
"I didn't think so!" :thumbup:

asp125
10-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Whether in business, recreation, motorcycles, or social circles - every one of us has the innate need to belong to a tribe. Hell, why we are all here on this forum is an indication. That's why I don't generally associate with "one marque" groups, and their need to put other brands down. Never could stand stereotypes. The best riding "group" I had the pleasure to be with were a bunch of misfits who met at a now defunct coffee shop for rides and socializing - BMW airheads, old bobbers, sportbikes, ADV types.. variety and appreciation for the fact that we all rode.