PDA

View Full Version : Repairing/Fixing scuffs on plastic passenger grip

liebowa
10-05-2015, 04:26 PM
In the grand scheme of things this is insignificant.

But, I'd like to know if anyone knows of any ways of "fixing" plastic scuffs like this? Is there some type of wax, or rubbing compound or something that would help?

Thanks.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117462&stc=1

Buggy
10-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Back to Black or some other plastic trim restorer could work but would have to be reapplied on a regular basis. It goes on shiny and drys out over time.

finless
10-05-2015, 06:12 PM
I did the same thing. This is slightly textured so the scratch laid down the texturing.
My bet you did this taking the cover off the radio area. That's how mine got that same scratch.

What I did and I know this sounds crazy, I used Nu-Vinyl and a scotch bright pad and buffed it up with that. You're not really buffing it out your scrubbing the entire area thus making it all textured again. Go light with the scotch bright pad.

Bob

flaggerphil
10-05-2015, 09:31 PM
I just leave it on mine...ads character.

OverHillAndDale
10-07-2015, 01:45 PM
A SMALL amount of lacquer thinner on a rag and a very quick rub might shine that area up ;).... or it might dull the whole top :yikes:. I've often use lacquer thinner to remove surface scratches in paint, but I've not tried it on plastic. If you take this approach, try to find a tiny area you can quickly rub with a slightly dampened q-tip where it won't show.

Bfromla
10-07-2015, 02:44 PM
I just leave it on mine...ads character.

Same here did notice few scuff where my boots touched passenger garb bars as I got on or off. Very minor made pay attention to how I got on. Now with my smooth spyder back rest i do more of a step through than swing over. & I ride enough to keep good layer of bugs :) is noticeable to me,no one else has spotted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk